Credit card name - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Amazon X

Amazon X The juicy stuff...

Old 06-20-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
Default Credit card name

Guys, let's say my name on the card is John Smith and when I write details on my amazon account I type Jo Smi(or any derivations). All other details are correct,zip code,etc. Will there be any problem ?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-20-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: Credit card name

Door number and Zip Code is all that need to match
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
bogzaskp (06-20-2015), eiross (08-08-2015), GhostOfAmazon (06-21-2015), Recherché (09-08-2015)
Old 06-20-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

No, the names do not verify. Just the house number and the zip code. What is in BLUE is what they verify:

John Smith
123 Main Street
Anytown, USA 12345

For anything other than that, they would have to call the credit card issuer.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
bogzaskp (06-20-2015), GhostOfAmazon (06-21-2015), glacier922 (02-19-2016), MM78 (06-25-2015), Recherché (09-08-2015)
Old 06-20-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Agree with the replies OP - name is not needed to match the cc
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
bogzaskp (06-20-2015)
Old 06-21-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
No, the names do not verify. Just the house number and the zip code. What is in BLUE is what they verify:

John Smith
123 Main Street
Anytown, USA 12345

For anything other than that, they would have to call the credit card issuer.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this means that anyone with a few REAL credit cards could use them to make several stealth accounts, no?

Just update the addresses online to various stealth addresses, open an account, then change them back.

Would this work? Obviously your card issuer might not like it, but if gift cards are failing....
Old 06-21-2015
Executive [VIP]

That would be a very good way to get your bank looking into what your doing.

Amazon also does test charges. As soon as it does a test charge and the charge fails due to the new address then they will have questions.
Old 06-21-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
That would be a very good way to get your bank looking into what your doing.

Amazon also does test charges. As soon as it does a test charge and the charge fails due to the new address then they will have questions.
If you changed it several times in a short period, sure.

But I change my credit card addresses regularly (I move a lot) and never had any issues.

Also, several credit cards = several addresses!

But the verification could be an issue. My solution:

Rent PO box for each CC, then use that for your "address". Sign up for e-statements for each card. Do everything online. No need for snail mail. Not cheap, but it would work.

Do you see this as a viable solution James?
Old 06-21-2015
Executive [VIP]

So what your suggesting is to register each of your CCs to a different address?

I cannot start to explain how much that would bugger up your credit rating for starters.

Changing address on a CC is fine. People move, sometimes even every few months

Changing it from one address to another then back to the original address after its been used stands out for me as not right and I am sure the CC companies would see it that way as well.

Overall its a bad idea
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
Lucifer (06-23-2015)
Old 06-21-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
So what your suggesting is to register each of your CCs to a different address?

I cannot start to explain how much that would bugger up your credit rating for starters.
Not sure how it works in England, but in the USA, your address has NOTHING to do with your credit score....

EDIT: Changing your address does not affect your credit score in the UK either....

The addresses you are linked to - Experian CreditExpert

Quote:
Changing address on a CC is fine. People move, sometimes even every few months

Changing it from one address to another then back to the original address after its been used stands out for me as not right and I am sure the CC companies would see it that way as well.
Did a quick search, I'm not the first to think of this solution. Jeff does it, apparently it works.

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/...tml#post676292

Quote:
Overall its a bad idea
Can you explain why, in light of the above? What about the idea specifically is "bad"? I agree, it's inconvenient---certainly NOT advocating this as the "be all end all" solution, but it does resolve the Gift card problem.

Most people I believe have more than one CC---if not, easy enough to get more.

Last edited by GhostOfAmazon; 06-21-2015 at 04:51 AM. Reason: Update
Old 06-21-2015
Executive [VIP]

Its not as simple as that in the UK... Frequent address changes in the UK do not look good. Cards registered to lots of different address does not look good. Simple as that. Argue against that as much as you want but that is just the way it is.

If you want to go ahead and register your CCs to lots of different address go ahead. If you cannot see why its a bad plan then me trying to put my point accross will change your mind on that. You do tend to have 1 idea and then stick to it, even if you have a hundred other people telling you otherwise

In theory yes it all can work. But no way would I take that risk with my credit rating (even if th risk is minute) or with the banks asking me why I have 10 different addresses on file over the last few months.

Let us know how you get on
Old 06-21-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Its not as simple as that in the UK... Frequent address changes in the UK do not look good. Cards registered to lots of different address does not look good. Simple as that. Argue against that as much as you want but that is just the way it is.

If you want to go ahead and register your CCs to lots of different address go ahead. If you cannot see why its a bad plan then me trying to put my point accross will change your mind on that. You do tend to have 1 idea and then stick to it, even if you have a hundred other people telling you otherwise

In theory yes it all can work. But no way would I take that risk with my credit rating (even if th rees on file over the last few months.

Let us know how you get on
I am stubborn when I know I'm correct.

Changing your address DOES NOT affect your credit score in the USA or UK.

Check the link above. This info is from EXPERIAN, not me.

It COULD pose an issue to your BANK, and given that the info is real, you might not want to add random different addresses. However, it DOES NOT affect your credit score AT ALL, and it works.

The ONLY issue is having random addresses potentially showing up on your credit report, but this does NOT affect your score, nor your ability to obtain loans or credit. It just looks weird.

If you have a counter argument that deals with the above, I'm all ears.
Old 06-21-2015
Executive [VIP]

Come to the UK, live here for a few years and change your address once a month.

Then see how easily you can get a mortgage while explainging to the bank why you have lived at 20 different addresses over the last 4 years.

If you can without issue then well done you are indeed right. Until then...

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 06-21-2015 at 05:21 AM.
Old 06-21-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Come to the UK, live here for a few years and change your address once a month.

Then see how easily you can get a mortgage. If you can without issue then well done you are indeed right.

Until then...

I want to iterate something:

I don't endorse this as "the solution". I'm simply suggesting it as an alternative.

I certainly would rather use a Gift card, BUT, if I needed to use a real one to create an account, I would. This is my income we're talking about.

As always, do your research before taking action. Do it if it makes sense for you.

Changing addresses doesn't affect your score. It MIGHT however, show up on your report.
Old 06-21-2015
Executive [VIP]

I see nothing that says that changing address does not effect your credit rating. I see it saying that the address itself does not accept your rating, and that is correct, but that is a different point

Try reading THIS

HERE is another article

Looking like you are frequently moving address is NOT good in lenders eyes no matter how much you think otherwise.

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 06-21-2015 at 05:26 AM.
Old 06-21-2015
Threadstarter  

A debit card might work as well. You can just go to dozens of local banks and for each account you can get a debit card. For each account, you can assign a different address . No need to complicate things with credit card(and this credit rating)
The Following User Says Thank You to bogzaskp For This Useful Post:
GhostOfAmazon (06-21-2015)
Old 06-21-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post
I want to iterate something:

I don't endorse this as "the solution". I'm simply suggesting it as an alternative.

I certainly would rather use a Gift card, BUT, if I needed to use a real one to create an account, I would. This is my income we're talking about.

As always, do your research before taking action. Do it if it makes sense for you.

Changing addresses doesn't affect your score. It MIGHT however, show up on your report.
The way you wrote your suggestion seemed like you were endorsing it - just be clearer then
Old 06-21-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I see nothing that says that changing address does not effect your credit rating. I see it saying that the address itself does not accept your rating, and that is correct, but that is a different point

Try reading THIS

HERE is another article

Looking like you are frequently moving address is NOT good in lenders eyes no matter how much you think otherwise.

I will concede that having too many address changes on your credit report could adversely affect a mortgage application, but it still does NOT hurt your credit rating/score. It COULD negatively affect a HUMAN bankers opinion of your status (obviously because applying for a 15-30 year loan to live in one place, they want to to LIVE there.)

This is FAR different from what you originally claimed, since a mortgage is only ONE type of credit out of MANY, and MANY individuals may never apply for a mortgage in their life. Since other types of credit are NOT affected (business loans, auto loans, credit cards, etc etc) that is a VERY significant distinction. (just so you know I'm not being nitty gritty on details)

That said, I propose 2 solutions:

1. Use a PO Box. Obviously any banker will know you didn't "move to" or "live at" a PO Box.

2. Use a debit card in place of a credit card. Same concept, but since 99% of savings/checking accounts do NOT report to the credit companies, your address changes won't show up on your credit score.

Bottom line: Do NOT change the address on your credit cards too often if you intend on getting a mortgage, it could have an adverse affect. Use debit cards instead.

Amazon Gift card panic RESOLVED.

Last edited by GhostOfAmazon; 06-21-2015 at 11:52 AM.
Old 06-21-2015
Executive [VIP]

Firstly just to be clear there is no actual thing as a 'credit score' in the UK.

A credit score is just the score given by certain scoring agencies (experian for example) to give you a rough idea of what a bank will mark you as when you apply for credit card/loan ect (or a phone contact from a phone company ect)

I hate to say this but this day and age a mortgage advisers opinion does not mean much. Its all done by numbers.

Try registering a PayPal account to a PO box and see how far you get.... PO box for returns is fine but for a main registration address is not a great idea .

Current accounts in the UK do report to credit agencies. Savings account in the UK do not come with cards that can be used on PayPal (that I am aware of)

I really think you need to do a lot more research in your ideas before putting them forward as facts GOA. It can lead to a lot of confussion
Old 06-21-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Firstly just to be clear there is no actual thing as a 'credit score' in the UK.

A credit score is just the score given by certain scoring agencies (experian for example) to give you a rough idea of what a bank will mark you as when you apply for credit card/loan ect (or a phone contact from a phone company ect)

I hate to say this but this day and age a mortgage advisers opinion does not mean much. Its all done by numbers.

Try registering a PayPal account to a PO box and see how far you get.... PO box for returns is fine but for a main registration address is not a great idea .

Current accounts in the UK do report to credit agencies. Savings account in the UK do not come with cards that can be used on PayPal (that I am aware of)

I really think you need to do a lot more research in your ideas before putting them forward as facts GOA. It can lead to a lot of confussion
WHAT??!?! The USA isn't the center of the universe? Bu---but----'MERICA!

Seriously though.

Let me explain in more detail:

Using a PO Box STREET address, and/or UPS Box (I realize there is a distinction, but when I say "PO Box" I use them interchangeably).

Same with checking/savings accounts. You're correct, savings accounts generally do not have debit cards. But when you have a checking account with a bank, it's no hassle to open a savings account with it. These are really semantics.....

Point is, changing addresses doesn't affect your credit score, credit rating, whatever it is in the UK....

2/3 of the bureaus in charge of credit reporting handle BOTH the USA and UK. Experian and Equifax, to be specific. I'll admit complete ignorance to how "Call Credit" handles credit information, as I've never dealt with them....

Perhaps it affects THEIR version of credit worthiness, and if so, my apologies for assuming it doesn't. America is not the only country in the world. Sometimes I forget this is an INTERNATIONAL forum.

Either way, correct me if I'm wrong...but debit cards do no report to the credit bureaus in either case. If so, using a debit card would work just fine. Just turn OFF "overdraft protection" or whatever the equivalent with your bank/country happens to be.
Old 06-21-2015
Executive [VIP]

Point is, changing addresses does affect your credit score, credit rating, whatever it is in the UK.... < Fixed

Show me an example of someone in the know saying that constant address changes has no effect on credit worthiness. So far the only link you have show says that the address itself does not affect credit worthiness. And that is true, the address itself will not efect the way a lender views an aplicant becuase there is no such thing as a black listed address. Constantly changing an address WILL effect the way lenders view an applicant.

Current accounts and savings accounts are also very different.

A saving account and a basic account are more similar

A debit card is often linked to a current account and current accounts do report to the credit bureaus. The debit card itself will not, but in order to change the address on the debit card the address on the current account will need to be changed
Old 06-21-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Point is, changing addresses does affect your credit score, credit rating, whatever it is in the UK.... < Fixed

Show me an example of someone in the know saying that constant address changes has no effect on credit worthiness. So far the only link you have show says that the address itself does not affect credit worthiness. And that is true, the address itself will not efect the way a lender views an aplicant becuase there is no such thing as a black listed address. Constantly changing an address WILL effect the way lenders view an applicant.

Current accounts and savings accounts are also very different.

A saving account and a basic account are more similar

A debit card is often linked to a current account and current accounts do report to the credit bureaus. The debit card itself will not, but in order to change the address on the debit card the address on the current account will need to be changed
Ok, done.

https://www.freecreditscore.com/blog...g-hurt-credit/

Quote:
Credit Factors
The number of different addresses appearing on your credit report doesn’t affect your credit score. Instead, there are five factors, each weighted differently, that affect your credit score. Your payment history is the biggest factor, closely followed by your credit usage. The age of your accounts counts next, and is then followed by your types of credit. The last factor is the number of inquiries from potential creditors.

Update Addresses
Even though changing your address doesn’t hurt your credit score directly, it could have an indirect effect if your bills are sent to your old address and you don’t pay them in time. For example, if your credit card monthly statement goes to your old address and you don’t pay it because you don’t know about it, your late payment hurts your credit score. To help prevent this, you can fill out a change of address form with the U.S. Postal Service to ensure your mail is properly forwarded.
Freedcreditscore.com is a subsidiary of EXPERIAN, a major credit bureau of both the USA an UK
Old 06-21-2015
Executive [VIP]

That is talking about a one off change of address, and what it says is correct. A one off change of address will not make too much of a difference

Why not pop them over an email and ask if changing address 5/10 times in a year is sill OK and will have no effect on credit worthiness. I think common sense should tell you that it would make a differnce.

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 06-21-2015 at 12:52 PM.