Stupmed on creating DBA or LLC - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 04-17-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 40%
Default Stupmed on creating DBA or LLC

Hello,

I've purchased the ebook and I'm a bit stumped at creating a DBA or LLC. I feel the need to use my real name to create either, however, I'm learning that the registered name is public record. I'd like to register as a business on Amazon.

For instance, if you search "zacks" under business name here: https://efbn.ocgov.com/eFBNweb/Default.aspx
You can see it will show you the real peoples name.

I'm wanting to open a business bank account, and they're wanting to see proof of ownership of either the DBA or LLC, therefore it should have my real name.

If I use me real name to register the business, couldn't Amazon see this? Unfortunately, my name isn't variable and I seem to have a unique name on this planet.

Any suggestions?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-18-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: Stupmed on creating DBA or LLC

Maybe set up a DBA, then use the DBA to register your LLC? Should be legal as long as the DBA is properly setup.. right?
Old 04-18-2017

Longevity: 65%

Setup an LLC with a business name, and address never used on Amazon.

You can walk into a bank with your LLC information to prove ownership and open a business bank account with it.

If they were to look up that LLC information, they could see your name as the registered owner, but they don't typically go that far

You can take it a bit further by getting a registered agent, but that will make opening a business bank account a little trickier as you have to prove you are the owner of the LLC.
The Following User Says Thank You to elmo For This Useful Post:
alekov (04-22-2017)
Old 04-18-2017

Longevity: 41%

Opening a buss bank account with a registered agent is doable but a pain. Banks do not like multiple address even if they're on the same state and/or city.

DBA is tie to a Corp (LLC o not) so theres no benefit from getting a DBA since on the back still is tie to your LLC which also share the same EIN. No really any benefit.

Also please keep in mind, owner/s of a LLC dont necessary are the one who registered the LLC or appear on your state page. Those names or companies are "Authorized" to make changes on the LLC which may or may not be owners of the LLC.

Theres a "LLC Operating Agreement" that needs to be write down/sign (not required) which basically act as share distribution giving you ownership to that LLC. Thats the legal reason that why EB/PP cant shut you down based on public record/registered agent even if is the same name/address as an older limited/suspended.

Imagine someone here uses Legal Zoom services as registered agent, gets suspended and all the sudden all Corps created with Legal Zoom goes down based on being linked by the same registrant office.

(and yes, I just copy and paste myself from another post. lol)