eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   Hacked Buyer Accounts (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/106827-hacked-buyer-accounts.html)

dachilla 04-18-2017 11:37 AM

Hacked Buyer Accounts

Hi everyone,

I have a problem on my fresh Amazon Seller Account. Yesterday I got 6 orders from 6 different people in the UK. After each of these order I got a message from the buyer, that the item is a present for his/her cousin in indonesia and that I should ship the items to a certain address in Indonesia (all the same address). The buyer names weren't anything close to having a relative in Indonesia. So obviously one guy used hacked accounts to order stuff for himself.

I contacted amazon through the chat and asked, what's gonna happen to my seller metrics if I send the orders late or cancel them as they are suspicious. They said, if you send them late or cancel the orders for whatever reason your seller metrics will suck. Sorry, we can't help you, we suggest you contact the buyer via email.

(Well thank you, you f***ing Idiot, I am sure the hacker, who probably is even dumber than any amazon employee, didn't take care of the email address or password of the folks he hacked.)

Instead of sending an email, I called one of the 6 buyers (I know it's forbidden) and he confirmed that he didn't order anything from amazon in the recent days and on top of that that he couldn't log into amazon since a few days because his password and email address were somehow changed. "Dude? Are you from Amazon?" "No, I am just a seller, sorry" "Dude I need to contact them, do you have their phone number" "No I don't, you'll have to google it, it might be hidden somewhere, but I don't know where"

Now I think about just marking the orders as shipped and ship them to the Buyer address, given in the buyers Amazon account, just to not harm my new seller account. What do you guys think about this situation?

cheers

D.C.

dachilla 04-19-2017 01:16 PM

Re: Hacked Buyer Accounts

thank you very much for your reply

chaichaoyi 04-19-2017 07:17 PM

You will have 6 chargeback cases later. Technically Amazon is responsible for paying for those fraud damage, IF you have signature confirmation for each order.

dachilla 04-21-2017 04:17 AM

The items were worth only 10 $ each. So I'd be willing to take the loss of approx 100 bucks incl shipping, don't mind that. I care more about my seller metrics. Wrote an email to seller performance and explained what happened and guess what? Exactly! They didn't answer.

It very interesting how they deal with obviously hacked user accounts:

1. I marked the conversations with the supposed customer as suspicious - No reaction from Amazon.

2. I went to the chat with seller support, they told me to handle the orders as usual and send messages to my customers, which I did. Amazon did not contact their customers after they heard that their accounts have probably been hacked.

3. I send an Email to seller performance, including all order numbers and the conversations - no reaction.

This looks to me as if they don't give a sh*t about the security of their customer accounts. I have a small online shop, and if I heard that my customers account got hacked first thing i would do is to inform the customer and change his password or block his account until I hear from him. Amazon, wtf?