Bank Statement Verification /IDs - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 07-04-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
Default Bank Statement Verification /IDs

For submission, are bank statements verified (routing number) and are identification cross referenced ?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-04-2017

Longevity: 44%
Default Re: Bank Statement Verification /IDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by halookick View Post
For submission, are bank statements verified (routing number) and are identification cross referenced ?
They may well be verified for authenticity, for example if you use a real bank statement and just change the name it will go through fine. I dont think they can legally call the bank and verify that information, in the UK that is.. Data protection and all.

As in cross referenced, they may check public records but as far as I know they just look at it and either give you the nod or throw it out.
The Following User Says Thank You to AK81 For This Useful Post:
halookick (07-04-2017)
Old 07-04-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK81 View Post
They may well be verified for authenticity, for example if you use a real bank statement and just change the name it will go through fine. I dont think they can legally call the bank and verify that information, in the UK that is.. Data protection and all.

As in cross referenced, they may check public records but as far as I know they just look at it and either give you the nod or throw it out.

For example, is BANK A associated with a particular routing number? If we take our real information from Bank B (real account/real information/routing etc) and change to match BANK A statement, will this pass ?
Old 07-04-2017

Quote:
For example, is BANK A associated with a particular routing number? If we take our real information from Bank B (real account/real information/routing etc) and change to match BANK A statement, will this pass ?
They know which bank you're using, so lets sat BANK A is HSBC and BANK B is Halifax, and you take information from BANK B and input it into the statement of BANK A they will know because every bank statement I have ever seen has the logo of the bank at the top, as well as the general colour scheme and layout is different.

If that is what you're asking.
halookick (07-04-2017)
Old 07-04-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
They know which bank you're using, so lets sat BANK A is HSBC and BANK B is Halifax, and you take information from BANK B and input it into the statement of BANK A they will know because every bank statement I have ever seen has the logo of the bank at the top, as well as the general colour scheme and layout is different.

If that is what you're asking.
I'm asking more along the lines of the routing number being associated with a different bank as opposed to the letterhead, logo etc..

Granted, BANK B information is successfully transferred to BANK A statement. Would the Bank B routing # be a dead giveaway ? because its associated with BANK B institution ?
Old 07-04-2017

Quote:
I'm asking more along the lines of the routing number being associated with a different bank as opposed to the letterhead, logo etc..

Granted, BANK B information is successfully transferred to BANK A statement. Would the Bank B routing # be a dead giveaway ? because its associated with BANK B institution ?
I dont get your point here, you are making a meal out of this. Im presuming you need to provide PayPal/eBay with a bank statement?

Lets say BANK A is attached to your PayPal/eBay, why are you using the statement from BANK B when you can simply edit BANK A's statement? Im confused completely.

Please explain to me what it is you're trying to do, and I can help you.
halookick (07-04-2017)
Old 07-04-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I dont get your point here, you are making a meal out of this. Im presuming you need to provide PayPal/eBay with a bank statement?

Lets say BANK A is attached to your PayPal/eBay, why are you using the statement from BANK B when you can simply edit BANK A's statement? Im confused completely.

Please explain to me what it is you're trying to do, and I can help you.
Thank you, sent pm.
Old 07-04-2017

Quote:
Thank you, sent pm.
Please just post here or PM me the name of the bank attached to your PayPal account.
Old 07-04-2017

Longevity: 65%

Its very unlikely they will verify the bank information, although some members will argue Amazon can verify the information. In the USA its very unlikely.. In the UK, its more possible to verify certain information.
Old 07-04-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Please just post here or PM me the name of the bank attached to your PayPal account.
For Amazon, my friend.
Old 07-04-2017

Quote:
For Amazon, my friend.
Your bank account is Amazon? New one to me. By the sounds of it, you're planning on submitting a Bank Statement as proof. I dont understand why you're trying to put information from BANK B onto a statement from BANK A. Why not just use the BANK B statement and edit it as needed.

None of this makes sense to me, you're trying to use a bank statement from a COMPLETELY different bank and you're worried about the routing number and not the letter head/layout?...
Old 07-05-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Your bank account is Amazon? New one to me. By the sounds of it, you're planning on submitting a Bank Statement as proof. I dont understand why you're trying to put information from BANK B onto a statement from BANK A. Why not just use the BANK B statement and edit it as needed.

None of this makes sense to me, you're trying to use a bank statement from a COMPLETELY different bank and you're worried about the routing number and not the letter head/layout?...
Sent you a pm.