Stealth address, what if? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 08-16-2017

Activity: 11%
Longevity: 40%
Default Stealth address, what if?

Stealth practice suggests a relative's address or a random address.

Nothing in life is simple. What if someone at this random address decides to make a seller account? Automatic linkage. What if grandma dies or moves and someone moves in and makes an account at her address? Automatic linkage.

This cant be risked if you are shooting for the long run of an account so its best to find an address where there is no chance.

Can an artifical address be used? Ie. An address which does not actually exist. Stealth ID and charge method would reflect this artifical address.

What other feasible addresses can be utilized for an address which would minimize risk?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-17-2017
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: Stealth address, what if?

As far as I'm aware,

The address must be legit, the zip must match street and door number. There are websites to confirm the match.

So long as there have been no previous suspensions at the address and your account is the ONLY SELLER account created at that location, there is no issue.

Using multi million dollar properties for account creation will minimize the risk as the likelihood of seller accounts already at these addresses is remote. Hmm .. I wonder if Trump or Melania already have seller accounts?

There is one guy on the forum who created a seller account using the address of his local strip mall without any problem, he didn't get linked or suspenders

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse"
Old 08-17-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

I use post office boxes and alter the address slightly. Yes, there is always a chance an address has been used but you have to figure that it is part of an algorithm that eb/pp uses for auto-linking. Hence, the need to follow all stealth steps.
Old 08-17-2017

Longevity: 49%

The address needs to be a legit address. I usually look on homes for sale in my local area and pick more expensive really old looking houses that have been on the market for a while because most the time they are empty and or/occupied by older people who are more than likely not selling on ebay - they probably don't even have internet.
Old 08-17-2017

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Simply having the same address does not warrant for accounts to be linked.

Other factors are taken into account. i.e. IP crossovers between those accounts, Items being sold on the accounts etc. - if there is a lot in common, then you are more susceptible to being linked/suspended.

Again - Address alone is not a factor for suspension.
Old 08-17-2017

Longevity: 52%

Yes, you do have to use a real address. But, The way I see it, each person should be creative and use their own brain. I have my method for addresses, but I'm not telling everyone my ideas so they can be abused by people that can't think outside of the box. If anyone can't figure out what address to use, then they don't deserve to know. Just use something that is a physical address, but no one there is going to be opening an Amazon account.
Old 08-17-2017
Threadstarter  

I bet a condo / apartment building with a non existent apt # would work.
Old 09-20-2017

Longevity: 56%

Quote:
Originally Posted by speer View Post
I bet a condo / apartment building with a non existent apt # would work.
Yes but how would you find out which one is the non existing apt # call the apt directly and asked them what is your last apt #?
Old 09-20-2017

Longevity: 65%

Ask them how many units they have
Old 09-20-2017

Local strip mall? So someone put down a macy's address etc?? or not sure what you mean by strip mall.

I didnt' know you could do that but then again some people working might be shopping on ebay and get items delivered to them there .

Quote:
Originally Posted by metatrade View Post
As far as I'm aware,

The address must be legit, the zip must match street and door number. There are websites to confirm the match.

So long as there have been no previous suspensions at the address and your account is the ONLY SELLER account created at that location, there is no issue.

Using multi million dollar properties for account creation will minimize the risk as the likelihood of seller accounts already at these addresses is remote. Hmm .. I wonder if Trump or Melania already have seller accounts?

There is one guy on the forum who created a seller account using the address of his local strip mall without any problem, he didn't get linked or suspenders
Old 09-20-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmo View Post
Ask them how many units they have
So call the apt they say we have 300 units. Then i'll put like 325 as and stealth name correct?

Plus wondering if something bad will happen

Keep in mind i make accounts for buying not selling. So guess less worry?

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 09-21-2017 at 06:49 PM.
Old 09-20-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakamuru View Post
Keep in mind i make accounts for buying not selling. So guess less worry?
eB tends to be more lenient for buyer accounts but - if you want to buy things, don't you need a deliverable address for which you have access?
Old 09-20-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
eB tends to be more lenient for buyer accounts but - if you want to buy things, don't you need a deliverable address for which you have access?

i use it to drop ship.. i have my own domain.. Problem is.. there are times where there is miscommunication and package maybe sent to the address i put in but since ill be adding a extra unit.. i think the package will just get back to the sender and they will just message me about return etc..
Old 09-21-2017

Longevity: 65%

Simple: look up the address for your local hospital/library/others that are public facilities. The address will be confirmed by database as legit/existing, and it will be (99%) brand new, un-used as far as Amazon seller database is concerned.
Old 09-21-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaichaoyi View Post
Simple: look up the address for your local hospital/library/others that are public facilities. The address will be confirmed by database as legit/existing, and it will be (99%) brand new, un-used as far as Amazon seller database is concerned.
How can you know for sure its unused? What about others without address who thought a library / public facility would work, or even employees of that building?

Surely many public / civic centres have management who would order products to their centre and use an Amazon account to do so. BOOM linkage!
Old 09-21-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

you will never know anything for sure..........You are being quite paranoid at this point.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
Canadianleaf (09-21-2017)
Old 09-22-2017
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakamuru View Post
Local strip mall? So someone put down a macy's address etc?? or not sure what you mean by strip mall.
Sorry, I meant strip joint, it's a place where you can go to see naked lady bumps and lot's of silicone

Someone on the forum successfully used the address of their local strip joint without getting linked or suspenders

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse"
Old 09-23-2017

Longevity: 55%

Once the the ebay account has had some sales and a bit of time has passed I just remove the door number and I’ve not had any negative effect from doing so. I have 3 stealth accounts and all are fine without door numbers. AMZ accounts are a totally different ball game all together.

Last edited by camry1980; 09-23-2017 at 06:35 AM.
Old 09-28-2017

Longevity: 55%

Does the Post Office address work?

For instance, can I use the post office address with the box number as the apartment number?
Old 10-04-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaichaoyi View Post
what happens in returns of the item. Librariran gets a nice hoodie returned to the address their?