eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   Buyer Scam? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/110112-buyer-scam.html)

Kelly441 08-30-2017 09:28 AM

Buyer Scam?

I shipped an item to a shipping forwarder in Florida.

They shipped it to the Domian Republic

Buyer claims that the item is defective and that it is too expensive for them to return it and is demanding a full refund without returning. I think it's a scam

They paid $110 for the item. Is it really that expensive to ship back from DM? DO they not have US Post Offices there and I an just email him a prepaid flat box USPS Label.

Suggestions please

Kelly441 08-30-2017 09:34 AM

Re: Buyer Scam?

Is the warranty void because it was shipped overseas?

danshan 08-30-2017 09:43 AM

nothing else matters but your feedback. Does your feedback matter enough to eat a $100 item if so eat it if not fight the dude with ebay and roll the dice. Ebay will make the dude ship it back and make you refund but that does not save your feedback IF feedback matters

Kelly441 08-30-2017 09:49 AM

It's Amazon

Good point. Honestly, I would rather pay $100 to have the laptop shipped back to me so if it is a scam he cant keep the item

I just have to figure out how to get a prepaid label either USPS or UPS

phaz0rz 08-30-2017 10:12 AM

For him to actually return the item you'll have to use an international courier like DHL/Fedex/UPS. USPS isn't available in DR.

I would look into Amazon's policy. Since you shipped the item domestically it doesn't seem like you should be required to pay for international shipping on a return. I get this type of customer all the time on eBay and most of the time it's a scam attempt. A lot of the time when I message the buyer saying "Please let me know the dimensions of the box you will be returning the item in and I will send you a prepaid DHL shipping label as soon as possible", they never message back.

ScottieBoi 08-30-2017 10:39 AM

Like he pointed out though, it doesn't really come down to what is fair or not. Unfortunately, you have to put that out of your mind. I have a problem doing so myself, but you have to tuck your tail sometimes. Try to work with him and do what you need to do, but when it comes down to it, you might have to let him keep it. What's really important is your account.

phaz0rz 08-30-2017 10:51 AM

^^Ordinarily I would agree 100% - keep your buyer happy by all means necessary

BUT if there's been an Amazon policy violation here (as would be the case on eBay - buyer confirmed their forwarding address, seller shipped order to USA, seller is required only to send a return label to the forwarding address), it seems anything negative the buyer does would be easily removed.

@OP - Options are to spend a good bit on an international return label, or dispute this claim since the buyer is not in the same country as his address. Personally I would fight this one all the way but ultimately it comes down to how much risk you're willing to take with your account.

Kelly441 08-30-2017 12:27 PM

My ODR is low and I an afford to fight it. I contacted Amazon to ask them their policy on what I am required to do

As for the negative feedback being removed easily, it's getting harder and harder to remove negative feedback, they will say it does not fall into one of the reasons to remove.

Bunneh 08-30-2017 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelly441 (Post 868689)
My ODR is low and I an afford to fight it. I contacted Amazon to ask them their policy on what I am required to do

As for the negative feedback being removed easily, it's getting harder and harder to remove negative feedback, they will say it does not fall into one of the reasons to remove.

this type of buyer may rate you negative regardless of what you do.

surely there is a 'return item' button on his purchase in his amazon account?
it usually appears AFTER the estimated arrival date passes.
Then shipping will work out cheaper.

ScottieBoi 08-30-2017 05:09 PM

Yeah, that's insane. There "should" be no way that you have to pay return shipping from anywhere other than where you shipped it to. That's BS

elmo 08-30-2017 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 868671)
For him to actually return the item you'll have to use an international courier like DHL/Fedex/UPS. USPS isn't available in DR.

I would look into Amazon's policy. Since you shipped the item domestically it doesn't seem like you should be required to pay for international shipping on a return. I get this type of customer all the time on eBay and most of the time it's a scam attempt. A lot of the time when I message the buyer saying "Please let me know the dimensions of the box you will be returning the item in and I will send you a prepaid DHL shipping label as soon as possible", they never message back.

This is exactly what I do as well. I even have them reweight it to give them a proper return label.

9/10 times they never put in the effort :)

MM78 09-01-2017 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottieBoi (Post 868720)
Yeah, that's insane. There "should" be no way that you have to pay return shipping from anywhere other than where you shipped it to. That's BS

I agree, if anything the buyer needs to get it back in the USA and then the OP can issue a return label properly.....Buyer thinks he can do whatever they want but in this case they would lose any claim.

shad0wd0wn 09-01-2017 09:16 PM

Well if Amazon shipped it they would give a return label, especially since the item is defective...