AMZ MWS API with Stealth account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 11-13-2017

Activity: 17%
Longevity: 40%
Default AMZ MWS API with Stealth account

What information is know about using the MWS API? Does AMZ query MWS requests for IP's and attempt to link to suspended accounts?

On my suspended account I had a custom built business tool which accepts MWS Auth Token, AWS Access Key ID, Secret Key, etc which I can get new information for from my stealth accounts. The tool accepts strings of asins and researches product information on Amazon and returns sales rank, prices, name, picture, etc in a clean format.

Let me make this clear, this was custom built so I am the only person to have ever used this.

My question is:

1) This is a one of a kind application and the behaviour it makes with Amazon MWS is 100% unique and the requests it makes are always the same. if I start using my stealth account's MWS information would this link me to my suspended account?

The application is resource intensive and involves me opening hundreds of windows on AMZ in rapid succession as I research the returned information it gives me. I understand I cannot use it on my local machine because the suspended IP will leak so I would need to use it in my VPN begrudgingly (they are slow / inefficient) or find an alternative solution.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-15-2017
Threadstarter  

Default Re: AMZ MWS API with Stealth account

Still looking for thoughts from others
Old 11-17-2017
Threadstarter  

Still nothing?
Old 11-17-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%

Not everyone will understand your abbreviations.

Explain in full what you mean Amazon MWS? APi?
Old 11-17-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,903 Times in 8,196 Posts
Activity: 97%
Longevity: 83%

1. Quote:
    Originally Posted by Canadianleaf View Post
  2. My question is:
Quote:
1) This is a one of a kind application and the behaviour it makes with Amazon MWS is 100% unique and the requests it makes are always the same. if I start using my stealth account's MWS information would this link me to my suspended account?
Uniqueness could be an easy way to be llnked to the suspended account unfortunately.

Last edited by rsot; 11-17-2017 at 08:33 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
Canadianleaf (11-17-2017), newjerseymax (11-17-2017)
Old 11-17-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
[LIST=1][*]

Uniqueness could be an easy way to be llnked to the suspended account unfortunately.
Yes, this is true. But I am not sure if the same scrutiny by Amazon is conducted with the MWS API and its usage.

I've invested several thousand dollars in this application and its crucial to my business. It would be very painful to not be able to use it. I'd be reluctant to get another Amazon professional seller account and VPN just for this purpose of using this MWS application because I already have several VPN's and professional accounts.

My application has a form where it accepts ASIN's and queries the Amazon MWS API for information on these ASIN's such as sales rank, price, title, picture, etc.

It gives me some comfort in knowing there are many applications on the marketplace available for purchase such as "sellerengine". Because of this there are many people using the same application to query the MWS API and inevitably suspended sellers would have used the same application others have. This means just because two accounts use the same application they can be linked.

Although since only my suspended account and potentially my stealth account will be using my application with the MWS API this may be grounds for potential linkage. I am not sure.

Are there any others who have experience using the MWS API with multiple accounts?
Old 11-17-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Not everyone will understand your abbreviations.

Explain in full what you mean Amazon MWS? APi?
Direct from the MWS description:

"Amazon Marketplace Web Service (Amazon MWS) is an integrated web service API that helps Amazon sellers to programmatically exchange data on listings, orders, payments, reports and more. "
Old 11-24-2017
Threadstarter  

I appreciate your comments Greenbean and rsot.

Commenting again for more eyes. I'd like to hear what others think.

The application is a web based Python program and makes calls to Amazon's MWS API for asin information. You enter asin's and the program returns key information about the asin. The application requires your MWS keys which any professional seller can acquire.

Like I mentioned in the original post I am wondering if Amazon can identity this program as the same one used with my suspended account (which it is) and link me. Does Amazon have this capability?

I obviously would not be able to use the application with my local machine as Amazon will see my local IP requesting the data and I will need to use my VPN.
The Following User Says Thank You to Canadianleaf For This Useful Post:
neverchange (05-09-2020)
Old 05-09-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 23%

Quote:
I appreciate your comments Greenbean and rsot.

Commenting again for more eyes. I'd like to hear what others think.

The application is a web based Python program and makes calls to Amazon's MWS API for asin information. You enter asin's and the program returns key information about the asin. The application requires your MWS keys which any professional seller can acquire.

Like I mentioned in the original post I am wondering if Amazon can identity this program as the same one used with my suspended account (which it is) and link me. Does Amazon have this capability?

I obviously would not be able to use the application with my local machine as Amazon will see my local IP requesting the data and I will need to use my VPN.
Are you still using the application normally without any issues ? I have the same concern, is it safe if I change my IP for every account when connect to MWS. I'm building a tool to manage my orders via MWS api.
Thank you so much!
Old 05-09-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverchange View Post
Are you still using the application normally without any issues ? I have the same concern, is it safe if I change my IP for every account when connect to MWS. I'm building a tool to manage my orders via MWS api.
Thank you so much!
No, I not longer used the application.

MWS API requests would be made from your IP (suspended) with API key details from your stealth account.

Amazon would no doubt link this.

This is also a PITA as I want to use third party software which follows the same pattern.

The only way I see this working is if:

1) The service is done via a third parties website and not your desktop. Im still hesitant if theres anyway this site may reveal your IP with its requests to the MWS API.

***trying to ask services that utilize the MWS API these questions is stressful. You will probably be getting an answer from a low-level CSR and their judgment can be the life or death of your account if they give incorrect info.
Old 07-16-2020

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 21%

I too use a pretty well developed internal system that communicates with Amazon via MWS API requests and I want to find a way to use this same system on stealth accounts.

I was hoping to find somewhere that I wouldn't have to keep the MWS requests stealth as well, but no one has had any success or failure in this realm?