eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   Digital Ocean and VOIP phone numbers (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/112811-digital-ocean-voip-phone-numbers.html)

Canadianleaf 12-09-2017 07:03 AM

Digital Ocean and VOIP phone numbers

Recently made a stealth account which was suspended immediately stating I had tried opening an account which was previously suspended.

I use a Digital Ocean VPS and a "TextFree" number. I've used Digital Ocean in the past successfully so I suspect the TextFree number is the result. Textfree is an app which offers a pool of free phone numbers and are recycled after 30 days of non use. Previously I used Google Voice numbers but it appears Google is getting more strict with this.

I regularly speed-sell on accounts with full expectation of the account being suspended within a month or two. I do this perpetually so ~10 times a year. This is in conjunction of other more stable long term accounts. Because of this quick sell-and-burn method I seek the most economical services for account creation which includes hosting and phone.

1) Do you think the Textfree number lead to the immediate suspension or has there been a crackdown on Digital Ocean VPS's?

2) What is the most economical / easiest phone service which does not contain abused numbers as hypothesized with Textfree? Preferably an online VOIP style service. Remember, I will only be using these numbers for 1-2 months so I am seeking economical yet usable numbers. I am also in Canada :canada:

Other potential VOIP services: Magicjack, Twilio, Fongo App, TalkaTone. Does Amazon flag any of these numbers?

e2free 12-09-2017 10:26 AM

Re: Digital Ocean and VOIP phone numbers

More likely this due to your ip

slokor 12-09-2017 02:21 PM

The phone number is usually an issue that can have an impact on the selling limits youll get.
The IP would more than likely be responsible for the account being taken down like that. Especially if youre using a cheap service - and I find VPS services to all pretty much be the same - cheap and unreliable.

thepianoman 01-22-2019 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadianleaf (Post 889211)
Recently made a stealth account which was suspended immediately stating I had tried opening an account which was previously suspended.

I use a Digital Ocean VPS and a "TextFree" number. I've used Digital Ocean in the past successfully so I suspect the TextFree number is the result. Textfree is an app which offers a pool of free phone numbers and are recycled after 30 days of non use. Previously I used Google Voice numbers but it appears Google is getting more strict with this.

I regularly speed-sell on accounts with full expectation of the account being suspended within a month or two. I do this perpetually so ~10 times a year. This is in conjunction of other more stable long term accounts. Because of this quick sell-and-burn method I seek the most economical services for account creation which includes hosting and phone.

1) Do you think the Textfree number lead to the immediate suspension or has there been a crackdown on Digital Ocean VPS's?

2) What is the most economical / easiest phone service which does not contain abused numbers as hypothesized with Textfree? Preferably an online VOIP style service. Remember, I will only be using these numbers for 1-2 months so I am seeking economical yet usable numbers. I am also in Canada :canada:

Other potential VOIP services: Magicjack, Twilio, Fongo App, TalkaTone. Does Amazon flag any of these numbers?

Have you found another host company that may give ip's that weren't used on amazon before?

Try waiting a few days before buying another ip addon so the ip address is a lot different.