eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   Amazon Asked for Bank Certified Letter (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/112857-amazon-asked-bank-certified-letter.html)

cutebaz1 12-11-2017 08:36 AM

Amazon Asked for Bank Certified Letter

Hi, I provided Amazon with Bank statement and Passport. After few hours they requested to send A certified letter to confirm Bank account.

I uploaded the same bank statement as same account was attached. So today they send me a message that its Invalid, and requested me to send Certified letter from the Bank.

How can I do that, and I can make that or ask someone to make that?

Please advise

phaz0rz 12-11-2017 09:47 AM

Re: Amazon Asked for Bank Certified Letter

Go get a copy of the same statement from the bank, and get a stamp or signature to make it official looking. Doesn't seem like it would be too difficult to get around this obstacle.

Best I can think is they want better proof it's not a phake bank statement.

ScottieBoi 12-11-2017 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 889529)
Go get a copy of the same statement from the bank, and get a stamp or signature to make it official looking. Doesn't seem like it would be too difficult to get around this obstacle.

Best I can think is they want better proof it's not a phake bank statement.

I'm guessing that the mismatching name and address might be a problem

cutebaz1 12-11-2017 10:50 AM

Amazon account is not under my name, as it under different name.
Do they verify the letter with the bank ?

phaz0rz 12-11-2017 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutebaz1 (Post 889550)
Amazon account is not under my name, as it under different name.
Do they verify the letter with the bank ?

In USA it's illegal for banks to share account holder info with a corporation such as AZ. I would assume there's a similar law for you but I can't say for sure. If that's the case you would just need a statement to look official enough to pass AZ's review.

My bad - stupid first response. I don't know why I assumed this was your real info.

GreenBean 12-11-2017 06:21 PM

What was the reason for needing to supply this sensitive info in the first place?

Easier for replies of you tell us this at the start.

chimera 12-11-2017 06:59 PM

They are just checking the statement is legit.

To certify the document bank branch will do the following:

Write "I certify this is a true copy of the original documents sighted by me."
Sign and Date
Write Job Title

The bank can add a branch stamp (usually has the bank logo and branch address), but then thats if they have a stamp, stamps tend to go missing.

They could verify the letter with the bank by asking if they issued the document (this doesnt require a disclosure of any sensitive information so not against the law), that is however extremely unlikely.

Amz are asking for more and more :(

Canadianleaf 12-11-2017 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chimera (Post 889624)
They are just checking the statement is legit.

To certify the document bank branch will do the following:

Write "I certify this is a true copy of the original documents sighted by me."
Sign and Date
Write Job Title

The bank can add a branch stamp (usually has the bank logo and branch address), but then thats if they have a stamp, stamps tend to go missing.

They could verify the letter with the bank by asking if they issued the document (this doesnt require a disclosure of any sensitive information so not against the law), that is however extremely unlikely.

Amz are asking for more and more :(

This is my thoughts exactly. The bank is not releasing any confidential / serious information and if a bank finds out someone is falsifying its bank statements and its propriety stamp they will want to know everything about the person doing this.

I dont see why any bank would not give a "yay" or "nay" if their stamp is authetnci.

elmo 12-12-2017 03:31 PM

Walk into your bank and ask for a stamped/certified bank statement.

If you had a business bank account, you can ask them to show that business name, which is the same name you could potentially use to register on Amazon under.