New account suspended for "inauthentic product” - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 12-13-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 42%
Default New account suspended for "inauthentic product”

"You currently may not sell on Amazon.com because you are offering items that may be inauthentic. A list of these items is at the end of this email. "

I've using this account for 2-3 months, sold around 10 items without feedback yet. About my niche market: I'm selling Japanese anime costumes, all items are based on the characters from Japanese animation. I'm listing them under my own brand: Animecore and there's no official costume to be replicated from as it was only an anime. But in Amazon's message it says the inauthentic items is as followed, with Brand name: strike the blood which is the name of anime.

ASIN: xxxxxxx
Brand: strike the blood
Title: animecore strike the blood cosplay costume yukina

There're countless other sellers with similar items, similar selling practice for years. Should I use the documents from my brand: animecore to appeal against it, or should I just give up on this??

"You currently may not sell on Amazon.com because you are offering items that may be inauthentic. A list of these items is at the end of this email.

To sell on Amazon again, please send the following information to pq-seller-assessment@amazon.com:
-- Copies of invoices, receipts, contracts, delivery orders, or authorization letters from your supplier issued in the last 90 days. The quantity of items shown should match your inventory.
-- If you are not the brand owner, provide an authorization letter and a complete set of documentation, including authorization letters, to prove a valid supply chain.
-- If you are the brand owner, provide a copy of the brand registration certificate, and business license or personal identity card.
-- Contact information for your supplier, including name, phone number, address, email, and website.
"
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-13-2017
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,550 Times in 2,203 Posts
Activity: 50%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: New account suspended for "inauthentic product”

If you bought the real costumes from a place and just resell them on Amazon, then you can provide them the proof of purchase and see if they are awilling to unban you.

It's worth it to fight this
The Following User Says Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
Hallow (12-19-2017)
Old 12-13-2017

Longevity: 37%

Here is the mistake you did, you titled your listing:

"animecore strike the blood cosplay costume yukina"

Now either Amazon or the brand itself flagged your listing because it contains this:

"Strike the blood"

Let me give you another example:

If someone wants to sell Apple cables and use their own brand name, they should title their listing as follows:

MyBrand charging cables for iPhone

Applying your method:

MyBrand Apple charging cables for iPhone

So to sum your mistakes up:

1. You used the real brand name in your title (This notified a bot that monitors the market about your listing).

2. You probably used stock pictures in your listing (original pictures that are used by the mother company).

As the restriction was based on the selling of inauthentic items you now have three options to deal with this situation:

1. You provide the invoices you got upon purchasing the stuff you sold (supposing they're indeed legit and you have the invoices from your authorized supplier/re-seller).

2. Assuming the items you sold were indeed ⊗⊗⊗⊗, you can forge invoices and send these to Amazon hoping they will get accepted.

3. You save yourself the time and hustle, move on and go stealth. If you can't persuade Amazon through invoices that the items you sold were not ⊗⊗⊗⊗, there is no way they're going to reinstate your account.

Regards;
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to walkingupwards For This Useful Post:
Hallow (12-19-2017), MrPorter (12-20-2017)
Old 12-19-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkingupwards View Post
Here is the mistake you did, you titled your listing:

"animecore strike the blood cosplay costume yukina"

Now either Amazon or the brand itself flagged your listing because it contains this:

"Strike the blood"

Let me give you another example:

If someone wants to sell Apple cables and use their own brand name, they should title their listing as follows:

MyBrand charging cables for iPhone

Applying your method:

MyBrand Apple charging cables for iPhone

So to sum your mistakes up:

1. You used the real brand name in your title (This notified a bot that monitors the market about your listing).

2. You probably used stock pictures in your listing (original pictures that are used by the mother company).

As the restriction was based on the selling of inauthentic items you now have three options to deal with this situation:

1. You provide the invoices you got upon purchasing the stuff you sold (supposing they're indeed legit and you have the invoices from your authorized supplier/re-seller).

2. Assuming the items you sold were indeed ⊗⊗⊗⊗, you can forge invoices and send these to Amazon hoping they will get accepted.

3. You save yourself the time and hustle, move on and go stealth. If you can't persuade Amazon through invoices that the items you sold were not ⊗⊗⊗⊗, there is no way they're going to reinstate your account.

Regards;
Thank you so much for your analysis! I will get the invoices from the supplier and appeal against it while preparing to get a new stealth account.

My question is, I searched on Amazon.com and "strike the blood" is not a registered brand name, neither on Amazon.com nor on U.S Patent and Trademark Office. It's the name of an Animation and the only official products released by the IP owner on Amazon are DVDs.

Cosplay costumes for fans to dress up are usually made by Third party off-brand companies, these listings on Amazon are all listed with their own brand names, and they are up on Amazon for years.

If I'm to submit invoices to Amazon, do I use invoice from my own brand or the invoice from "Strike the blood" (which is not even a brand)?

Btw, did the fact that I did not get any seller feedback after 5 orders and 2 months trigger the account review (there was an account review notification before the block)
Old 12-19-2017

Longevity: 65%

Make sure the invoices you are providing are from solid suppliers in the US/UK/EU

They will often reject Chinese or bad looking invoices
The Following User Says Thank You to elmo For This Useful Post:
Hallow (12-20-2017)
Old 12-27-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 54%

OP can you let us know how it turned out?
Old 12-27-2017
Threadstarter  

system message says that sending them invoices to their email address is what I need to do.
But there's also an Appeal button next to the message, do I need to submit a plan of action as well? If so how should I write such Plan of action? It's "may be inauthentic." instead of "someone made complains about inauthentic products"
Old 12-27-2017
Executive [VIP]

I would send them an email with the plan of action or explanation and attach the invoiced to that.

Was you account in good standing, seller metrics wise?

Most likely tho the account is gone. If you can't provide an invoice exactly from the licensing company you'll be gone. I think it's Discotek Media in your case.

Make sure you get the payments somehow, if you have no money in the account left, just move on.

Last edited by dachilla; 12-27-2017 at 03:34 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to dachilla For This Useful Post:
Hallow (12-27-2017)
Old 12-27-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dachilla View Post
I would send them an email with the plan of action or explanation and attach the invoiced to that.

Most likely tho the account is gone. If you can't provide an invoice exactly from the licensing company you'll be gone. I think it's Discotek Media in your case.

Make sure you get the payments somehow, if you have no money in the account left, just move on.
Do you think it's licensing company involved in this? If so, I thought they would have sent message like"we received complain from licensing company"or someone complained about inauthentic"

Instead, in the message it says "item might be inauthentic".
Old 12-27-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dachilla View Post

Account was in perfect standing. Dozens of sales, nothing wrong.
Old 12-27-2017
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 27%

It's due to customer complaint, even one complaint Amazon remove listing, send them invoice