eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   Will this account get linked? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/116553-will-account-get-linked.html)

NickK 04-07-2018 02:00 AM

Will this account get linked?

So I've had this "stealth" storefront setup for the last 3 months lightly selling.

It is currently set up like this:
-Family Member Seller ID Verification (Same Last Name)
-Separate Internet Connection
-Its own laptop
-Different Bank info, Address, Credit Card, etc

The only thing is that the address is in the vicinity, same area IP geo location, and same last name.

Would that warrant any suspicion from Amazon or the bots? Anyone have a similar situation?

Canadianleaf 04-07-2018 03:09 AM

Re: Will this account get linked?

Did you read the Stealth Guide?

Make sure to follow all procedures outlined in the book.

I do not believe Amazon will link you from vicinity, same area IP geo location and last name alone - there needs to be more visible items to trigger a linkage between your accounts. Although make no mistake, Amazon links on similarity so the more similar your account is you are giving Amazon more ammo to use against you. More visible tiggers for linkage can be , same ASIN's (use a ratio 10:1 of other ASINs to dilute linkable ASIN's), same pricing / pictures (or exif data) / condition notes / removal address / data used in your inventory uploader file or other identifying information such as SSN/EIN or GST/HST numbers.

Stealth can get very complicated at times especially when you get a large roster of accounts. Keep a spreadsheet to track all unique details for each account and never reuse anything.

You need to solidify a clear plan of action before you log in to your account, similar to a lab procedure before scientists enter a clean room, ie: 1) wash your hands (check for webrtc, webgl, ipv6 leaks using a leak checking site such as www.doileak.com), put on an airtight biohazard suit (check for IP leak and ensure a killswitch/firewall is enabled in case of IP change), sterilize air in entry bay (make sure you enter the correct email and password when logging in ESPECIALLY not a password from another account by accident - Do not check emails outside of your stealth IP and disable images) then you enter the clean room (your stealth account).

It can be easy to screw up if check your Amazon account regularly and you start to get relaxed and complacent. You must always be fully alert when you access your account. One slip up and the clean room is contaminated and everything is lost.

GreenBean 04-07-2018 03:26 AM

To the contrary, same vicinity can be a problem.

Amazon always look for similarities.

An account needs to have nolink to old suspended information.

:juggle:

NickK 04-07-2018 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 912628)
To the contrary, same vicinity can be a problem.

Amazon always look for similarities.

An account needs to have nolink to old suspended information.

:juggle:

Does it help if the other accounts aren't suspended?

Basically the surname is the same. The address is from a few miles away, and the IP connection is definitely different since I use a different provider. They can only get as far as the city from what I am able to understand or a very general region.

The storefront would sell different items. Do you think I am at any serious risk?

Thanks for your responses!

Canadianleaf 04-07-2018 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NickK (Post 912632)

Basically the surname is the same. The address is from a few miles away, and the IP connection is definitely different since I use a different provider. They can only get as far as the city from what I am able to understand or a very general region.

The storefront would sell different items. Do you think I am at any serious risk?

No one can say for sure. Amazon acts in mysterious ways. We can only offer advice from our personal experience.

As GB™ says same vicinity can be a problem but its not always a deal breaker. Its good you are using a different provider, but several miles is not very far... it may be better if its in a dense metropolitan area but for the future its best to pick a completely new city and zip/postal code. Is the zip/postal code for your account the same as the last? If its the same that is not good.

Selling different items is also a positive sign.

I can't say for certain if since the prior account is not suspended the chance of linkage will be magnified or not. Amazon still employs systems to detect similarities regardless. One practice I employ with my accounts is using them at different times. I suggest you do not use both accounts interchangeably in a short time window, ie: logging in to one account, then logging in to your other account directly afterwards.

Amazon will see:
1) Two accounts within a few miles of each other (if its the same zip/postal I believe this would be even worse)
2) With the same surname
3) With similar account activity times.

If you wake up at 8:00am and check both accounts at this time check only one, and check the other later in the day. Mix up your behavior.

e2free 04-07-2018 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NickK (Post 912632)

You should be ok last name itself will not make any link

As other advised make sure sell different items and makes less links are possible