Cease & Desist Letter from Manufacturer - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 05-05-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 65%
Default Cease & Desist Letter from Manufacturer

A few days ago I was brand ungated by Amazon to start selling a supplement product, however, a few days later the manufacturer of the product sends me a Cease & Desist letter through Amazon stating:

- This is your final warning before we escalate your listing to Amazon. Failing cooperation we will be in contact with Amazon to remove all branded products from your storefront.

- Because you have not been able to provide us with documentation proving the authenticity of your products, we can not verify that your products be listed as NEw on the Amazon.com platform. We hereby demand that all of your offers be listed as USED - Like New or removed.

So many questions is, how was I able to get ungated by Amazon.com to start selling this companies brand on Amazon, but now the manufacturer of the brand is coming after me stating they are requiring invoices!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-05-2018

Longevity: 37%
Default Re: Cease & Desist Letter from Manufacturer

Why not label your product as "like-new" and get done with this? If you can't prove that the product you're selling is legit, they will cause a good headache for you. My advice is follow order.
The Following User Says Thank You to walkingupwards For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (05-05-2018)
Old 05-06-2018

Longevity: 34%

I've experienced this. My account was closed within the week having disregarded it.
Old 05-06-2018

Longevity: 73%

"supplement product" something ingested ? If so you should make sure its legit . If you know it is reach out to brand company provide evidence its real and how you could be selling at a discount .. I bought a bunch of adidas shoes at a store closeout .. i was selling them 50% of cost . Got pretty much same letter saying stop or else provide proof .. i sent them reciepts and info on store closing ,the guy was very nice even provided a letter that my product was deemed legit , i submitted letter and sold the rest of my stock without issues
The Following User Says Thank You to bluegrass1 For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (05-06-2018)
Old 05-06-2018

Longevity: 73%

I'm thinking you'd better stop selling this stuff. This doesn't sound like the shoe guy's story.
Old 05-06-2018
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 39%

if you value that account i would stop seling those items
Old 05-07-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkingupwards View Post
Why not label your product as "like-new" and get done with this? If you can't prove that the product you're selling is legit, they will cause a good headache for you. My advice is follow order.
Hey - good point.

I think I might go down this route & just list them as "LIKE NEW" & maybe in the condition section state that they are NOT expired & add the expiration date.

Curious to see what the sales volume is for "Used" supplements.
Old 05-07-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

Your account will be watched, so I do not see how selling it 'like new' would help, plus I doubt anyone would buy it 'like new' unless it was a significant saving on the new version.

Have you tried getting rid of them on ebay?

ungated for the category or sub-category, is not the same as being able to sell without brand owner objecting.
bluegrass1 (05-07-2018)
Old 05-07-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
Your account will be watched, so I do not see how selling it 'like new' would help, plus I doubt anyone would buy it 'like new' unless it was a significant saving on the new version.

Have you tried getting rid of them on ebay?

ungated for the category or sub-category, is not the same as being able to sell without brand owner objecting.
That's exactly what I am thinking - how many people out there actually shop for "LIKE NEW" supplements or products they consume? I mean it's worth finding out.

Also, I am not just category ungated. I am both category, sub-category, AND brand ungated to sell any ASIN on Amazon.
Old 05-08-2018
Threadstarter  

UPDATE:

Turns out the email that was received from the "Manufacturer" of this brand was ⊗⊗⊗⊗.

We did some research on the domain it came from & turns out it was a .info that was registered w/ flaskmail.com

Has anyone seen hackers send out these ⊗⊗⊗⊗ emails to hack Amazon accounts that are ungated in major brands?
Old 05-08-2018
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%

well, you want to be extra careful, I manufacture stuff too but my business registry is under a different name and I have gotten people kicked out for not having my permission to sell my stuff.