First ghost account, can I use the same Mifi with a new data plan? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 07-05-2018
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 33%
Default First ghost account, can I use the same Mifi with a new data plan?

Preparing to create my first ghost account. I bought a new laptop and the name/address/phone/e-mail/bank account are all different from the suspended account.

My question is regarding my Mifi/hotspot device. I previously used it for the suspended account, but that data plan was cancelled about a year ago and I just signed up for a new one. Is the IP address going to be the same since it's the same Mifi device or will it be different due to it being a new data plan?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-05-2018

Activity: 4%
Longevity: 44%
Default Re: First ghost account, can I use the same Mifi with a new data plan?

There is a 99% chance the IP addresses will be different....

You do realize that everytime you turn the device on and off you will get a new IP.... At some point the IP's will start to duplicate... AT&T gave me 270 IP's so far... So you need to log every new IP and the account you use it with to make sure not to cross IP's with accounts to cause a link...

If your only making one account.... Just make absolutely sure you wont want to make another account in the future... If you decied not to log IP's... Or you will need a new device and most likely provider....

My wife and I both have At&T and both our cell phones get the same IP's, so just buying a new device might not give you new IP's.

The only good thing you have going with cellular IP's is that its more common for them to be used on multiple EB & PP accounts since everyone has a cell phone with data these days and they all share the same block of dynamic IP's in your area.

That being said I wouldnt worry about this new device giving you the same IP's as your old device from a year ago.
Old 07-05-2018
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

So buying a new Mifi and inserting the new sim won't make a difference?
Old 07-05-2018
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,536 Times in 2,190 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%

You have the Amazon Ghost, correct? (if you do, put the code in this forum to get free VIP access)

I'm pretty sure it tells you to log your IPs each time and compare with the IPs previously used in your suspended account.

That being said, I just use IPBurger dedicated VPN for my IP and that 100% eliminates any chances of IP crossing over.
Old 07-05-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk17 View Post
Correct, it will not make a difference....you would have to go with a completely new carrier/company. You don't magically get a new set of IP's by changing the Sim....you will get assigned IP's from the same pool as everyone else on that carrier.
Old 07-05-2018

Activity: 4%
Longevity: 44%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk17 View Post
If its been a year since you used it you will probably get new IP's... Now don't take that as fact...

For a year I used AT&T and Verizon IP's for my accounts... My AT&T phone gave me about 200 IP's after that it was only duplicates...
I stopped using cellular IP's about a year ago and started building VPN's. I've used my Cell a couple times lately when I didnt have a internet connection to connect to the VPN and AT&T gave me new IP's...

Now thats not to say for sure that is what will happen for you... But its possible...

Like I said tho, I wouldnt worry too much about cellular IP's causing links since so many people all share the same cellular IP's...

There has probably been 100 people logging in to PP with the same cellular IP before.
Old 07-05-2018
Super Moderator

It's not about the IP causing links, it's just that the IP POOL of cellular service is small and eventually they'll recycle.

I use a home based internet and after a year it starts to come back and recycled. Imagine that for Cell service pool.

I always teach people to not go for the most convenient, rather long term and stability.
Old 07-05-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forum OP - all the best as you master stealth
Old 07-06-2018

Longevity: 42%

Or you can use vps for new account. It's not need new computer/laptop.
Old 07-06-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajabahey33 View Post
Or you can use vps for new account. It's not need new computer/laptop.
VPS are worthless, and not even needed if the OP is operating within the same Country.
Old 07-06-2018
Super Moderator

I agree with the above statement. This is why we need to know where the poster's country is since each country poster will have a different experience.
Old 07-06-2018

Longevity: 38%

I've mainly used a mixture of tethering & dongles for my ghost accounts and never had an issue with linking accounts over an IP address. They are treated completely different to IP's from a general ISP.

Obviously if you're running multiple accounts, never attempt to refresh the IP & log into them one after another in a short period of time then this could lead to them being linked but taking precautions like logging the IP's to make sure you never resue them is complete overkill. All I do is eject then reinsert the dongle between logging into accounts which will "likely" refresh the IP and it's never caused any issues
Old 07-06-2018
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
You have the Amazon Ghost, correct? (if you do, put the code in this forum to get free VIP access)

I'm pretty sure it tells you to log your IPs each time and compare with the IPs previously used in your suspended account.

That being said, I just use IPBurger dedicated VPN for my IP and that 100% eliminates any chances of IP crossing over.
Yes bought and read Amazon Ghost. The suspended account was a regular account and I didn't anticipate it getting suspended so I didn't think to log IP's back then. I think I'll use IPBurger to be safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
I agree with the above statement. This is why we need to know where the poster's country is since each country poster will have a different experience.
Located in USA
Old 07-06-2018
Super Moderator

Use the code of the Amazon Ghost in this forum and it'll turn you to a VIP user.