do the performance team even review the utility bills ? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 10-22-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 36%
Default do the performance team even review the utility bills ?

Hello,

it's the 4th account that i've openned this week and got suspended in very few minutes after submitting the utility bill , everytime i'm receiving the message :

"Hello,

We reviewed your account and the information you provided, and we have decided that you may not sell on Amazon.ca.

Please ship any open orders. If you have funds in your account, they will be available after any amounts paid for A-to-Z claims or chargebacks on your orders have been deducted. This usually takes about 90 days, but funds may be held longer.

You can see your balance and settlement information in the Payments section of Seller Central. If you have questions about those, please write to payments-investigate@amazon.ca. .
Sincerely,
Seller Performance Team
Amazon.ca
http://www.amazon.ca"

and when i submit the documents again and in few minutes they send an email says :

"Hello,

We reviewed your account and the information you provided, and we have decided that you may not sell on Amazon.com.

We may not respond to further emails about this issue.
Sincerely,
Seller Performance Team
Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com"

Even when i've requested a manager review on one of them, i've received the previous message again after 7 minutes !!! i'm wondering how could their manager check a german electricity bill and its details in less than 7 minutes !

I've used this electricity bill with different details on another account at the begin of october and they've took about 1 or 2 hours and sent me a message that my account has been reinstated , but afterwards i couldn't pass any new performance *hit !

Are they really checking on the utility bills these days ?! or they are automatically sending that message without any review ?

Last edited by marvydocs; 10-22-2018 at 06:06 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-23-2018

Longevity: 39%
Default Re: do the performance team even review the utility bills ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvydocs View Post
Hello,

it's the 4th account that i've openned this week and got suspended in very few minutes after submitting the utility bill , everytime i'm receiving the message :

"Hello,

We reviewed your account and the information you provided, and we have decided that you may not sell on Amazon.ca.

Please ship any open orders. If you have funds in your account, they will be available after any amounts paid for A-to-Z claims or chargebacks on your orders have been deducted. This usually takes about 90 days, but funds may be held longer.

You can see your balance and settlement information in the Payments section of Seller Central. If you have questions about those, please write to payments-investigate@amazon.ca. .
Sincerely,
Seller Performance Team
Amazon.ca
http://www.amazon.ca"

and when i submit the documents again and in few minutes they send an email says :

"Hello,

We reviewed your account and the information you provided, and we have decided that you may not sell on Amazon.com.

We may not respond to further emails about this issue.
Sincerely,
Seller Performance Team
Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com"

Even when i've requested a manager review on one of them, i've received the previous message again after 7 minutes !!! i'm wondering how could their manager check a german electricity bill and its details in less than 7 minutes !

I've used this electricity bill with different details on another account at the begin of october and they've took about 1 or 2 hours and sent me a message that my account has been reinstated , but afterwards i couldn't pass any new performance *hit !

Are they really checking on the utility bills these days ?! or they are automatically sending that message without any review ?
I think the bot automatically reject your bills since no humans could have done the review within a few minutes. Something about the file must have triggered the bot to decline it.
The Following User Says Thank You to cobaogio7 For This Useful Post:
marvydocs (10-23-2018)
Old 10-23-2018
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,552 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 50%
Longevity: 91%

That's definitely a bot or they just glanced over your stuff and compared it with their template.

It's also possible that there's something in the process on how you make your account that triggers a flag too.

How about you tell us in detail what your steps are and we can audit it?
The Following User Says Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
marvydocs (10-23-2018)
Old 10-23-2018
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 33%

I don't think its automated, but I think the reps have a set number of common utility templates and they are comparing them against them

If you have a utility bill that does not match the samples they have, they are probably just auto rejecting them whether they are legit or not, and hardly checking the information at all.

Its a really dumb tactic... but if their goal is to limit the amount of sellers coming into the holiday, I think they've succeeded.

I've had legit ones fail within 10 minutes. They could have been instructed coming into the holiday season to put more weight on only approving utility bills that match the ones they have on file. Who knows
The Following User Says Thank You to Beautiful For This Useful Post:
marvydocs (10-23-2018)
Old 10-23-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobaogio7 View Post
I think the bot automatically reject your bills since no humans could have done the review within a few minutes. Something about the file must have triggered the bot to decline it.
i've tried with another one , still the same ...
idk what to do .
Old 10-23-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
That's definitely a bot or they just glanced over your stuff and compared it with their template.

It's also possible that there's something in the process on how you make your account that triggers a flag too.

How about you tell us in detail what your steps are and we can audit it?
I think it's a bot, as i've tried again with another scan of a different utility bill and within less than a minute i've received rejection.

i'm using vps from aruba cloud with both ipv4 and ipv6 , and a utility bill issued by a known electricity company, it was originally generated in pdf so i could easily change it and also added some extras through photoshop to make it look like the normal one received through the regular post ( barcodes, qr, ... etc ) in addition to change the values and everything, i was doing the same process for the past 4 months and nearly opened 10 accounts or even more , also i print it in a good quality to look geniune , sometimes i was getting rejection and trying again with the performance , but from 1 month and till the moment i get directly these messages .

if you want i can send you an example in pm to check if there's anything wrong with it so you may help me to fix it

Last edited by marvydocs; 10-23-2018 at 03:04 PM.
Old 10-23-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful View Post
I don't think its automated, but I think the reps have a set number of common utility templates and they are comparing them against them

If you have a utility bill that does not match the samples they have, they are probably just auto rejecting them whether they are legit or not, and hardly checking the information at all.

Its a really dumb tactic... but if their goal is to limit the amount of sellers coming into the holiday, I think they've succeeded.

I've had legit ones fail within 10 minutes. They could have been instructed coming into the holiday season to put more weight on only approving utility bills that match the ones they have on file. Who knows
i've also tried with a legit one, but i've got the same results, your point of view seems realistic, but i'm still trying with different bills, actually i need to know something about the things they do check in the template, do they check if the bill has a barcode and qr codes ? and do they read them ? what are the things that i should notice the most ?
Old 10-24-2018
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 9%

Nah most bills don't have a barcode or qr code. But if yours does, you should make sure it matches the information on the utility bill. Doesn't hurt to make sure it scans correctly
The Following User Says Thank You to Beautiful For This Useful Post:
marvydocs (10-24-2018)
Old 10-24-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful View Post
Nah most bills don't have a barcode or qr code. But if yours does, you should make sure it matches the information on the utility bill. Doesn't hurt to make sure it scans correctly

The thing is, this bill came in 2 different versions, the printed one comes with a QR, 2 Datamatrix codes and 1 Barcode ( it's a real headache i know ), and the e-bill which comes only with 1 barcode, i've tried at first with the e-bill after i've done the edit and print it, but the performance refused it several times, so i've started to do the printed version, which sometimes it get accepted and sometimes not .

But as i've said, starting from this month i'm getting that messages each time i try to use it .
Old 10-25-2018
MU

Longevity: 32%

This website gives terrible information now a days,you guys use to be good.Its most likely not your utility bill ,inless you have some obvious flaws with your creativity of the bill.Odds are your account had flags on it before the request of utility bill,them asking for the utility bill was more about formality rather than being about allowing your account to sell.
Old 10-25-2018
MU

Longevity: 32%

In other words ,amazon knew they were going to suspend/not accept your account before the utility bill request.

Last edited by Never101; 10-25-2018 at 06:09 PM. Reason: ffg
Old 10-25-2018

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

For it to be rejected within a few minutes could just mean that Amazon already decided to part ways with you regardless of whether you submit information or not.

Example, with eBay when you get suspended with certain MC coded emails, even if you provide information they are asking for, they're unlikely to lift the limitation.

Not sure why they ask for the information, but they seem to have their mind already set not to approve it beforehand. This may of been the case here.
Old 10-26-2018

if Play is correct then one of these is true:

1) Amazon is random in flagging for non reinstatement and some people get unlucky

2) the IP address is the issue

I create all with the same exact process only difference is IP Address, some are auto rejected and others are accepted in hours. Anything I’m missing?
Old 10-26-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky100 View Post
if Play is correct then one of these is true:

1) Amazon is random in flagging for non reinstatement and some people get unlucky

2) the IP address is the issue

I create all with the same exact process only difference is IP Address, some are auto rejected and others are accepted in hours. Anything I’m missing?
Maybe the items being sold, and the level of risk they pose? Unless you're selling the exact same products across all accounts with the same setup (which I doubt)...

Its hard to say. So many factors.
Old 10-26-2018

I’m talking about the account creation process. No products are listed until the account is fully verified
Old 10-27-2018
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,552 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 50%
Longevity: 91%

Think about it this way.... you put 10 monkeys and 10 robots in a room to do the same job... reviewing something that needs the level of a human brain of enough logical and intellectual powers.

You give your stuff for them to review and they pull up a chart with check boxes. (this is if they do it correctly too)
Now if one of the requirements is not met... or if they misunderstood the requirement, well, you are toast.

As you know, monkeys don't speak human language, they speak ape.

Now the robots... they just go yes no yes no. They see a blot of ink on the docs you sent and they thought it's ⊗⊗⊗⊗, you're toast.

Back to the monkeys. One monkey tries hard to do his best but because English is not his primary tongue, he misunderstands and off you go.
THe rest of the monkey just play a banana roulette with your docs and decide based on that.

I'm writing this because I'm not just frustrated, but because this is truly how they work.
I have seen their computer screen when my amazon manager friend showed me and told me.
The Following User Says Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
Canadianleaf (10-27-2018)
Old 10-27-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky100 View Post
I’m talking about the account creation process. No products are listed until the account is fully verified
In that case i'll put it down to a quick scan of the utility bill by a bot. If they seem to detect an inconsistency, they may auto reject it.

I doubt a human is reviewing these if they are being rejected within minutes.
Old 10-28-2018

In my opinion, a bot is flagging all my docs. Then a monkey clicks the reject button immediately or escalates it for review and then its usually accepted hours later.