Amazon Trademark Violation Appeal Falls on deaf ears. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 11-27-2018

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 56%
Default Amazon Trademark Violation Appeal Falls on deaf ears.

I am a seller of t shirts on Amazon and been using stealth for 2 years now, I am used to the odd policy violation for intellectual property rights but last month we lost 4 accounts due to a complaint by Epic Games who own the Fortnite game. Our designs were listed early September and were the typical fan based designs, eat sleep drop ect although the designs were generic the listing title did read something like "Eat Sleep Drop Mens Fortnite Inspired T shirt" Well it would seem Epic Games Registered the word "Fortnite" on September 14th and then did a sweep on Amazon which got 4 of my accounts suspended and god only knows how many other sellers got kicked as Amazon was saturated in Fortnite inspired designs.
The first response from Amazon was not the usual red flag from seller performance, it was an email stating they had tried to call me reference my account with no answer and had now suspended my account.
I have sent appeals but Amazon is asking for the retraction sent by Epic Games to notice@amazon. I have contacted epic games but they are not interested in responding, not that I am surprised.

Any way to the point has anybody ever had success in getting Amazon to back down on the complaint retraction?
My argument is that we had been selling the product 2 weeks before a trademark was registered and we had only sold 9 t shirts, seems crazy they are being so difficult.

Pretty sure the accounts are toast but, I thought I would check to see if any fellow stealthers had any pearls of wisdom.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-27-2018
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default Re: Amazon Trademark Violation Appeal Falls on deaf ears.

You accounts are toast. Move on.

Oh, Hey look this is my 1000th post here

Last edited by dachilla; 11-27-2018 at 08:03 AM.
Old 11-27-2018

Longevity: 64%

I had situations where my account was suspended due to IP complaints, and as usual the company filing the complaint never replied to my messages. This was a good thing, you can write you appeal stating that you have done your due diligence in attempting to contact the rights owner to discuss the matter, with no avail.
I personally have had my account reinstated with this method. First write the appeal, if it doesnt work, escalate it to Jeff. Best of luck.
Old 11-28-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyShackelford View Post
I had situations where my account was suspended due to IP complaints, and as usual the company filing the complaint never replied to my messages. This was a good thing, you can write you appeal stating that you have done your due diligence in attempting to contact the rights owner to discuss the matter, with no avail.
I personally have had my account reinstated with this method. First write the appeal, if it doesnt work, escalate it to Jeff. Best of luck.
Interesting, thank you for sharing.
Old 11-28-2018

Longevity: 38%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyShackelford View Post
I tried this method 2 years ago (big fashion brands) and didn't work for me.
Old 11-28-2018

Longevity: 64%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrowcp View Post
I tried this method 2 years ago (big fashion brands) and didn't work for me.
A lot has changed from 2 years ago. Their policy changes it seems on a daily basis, besides working for me, I read this method has worked for many other sellers on the seller forum. It took an escalation for them to open the account.
The Following User Says Thank You to RustyShackelford For This Useful Post:
mrowcp (11-28-2018)
Old 12-01-2018
Threadstarter  

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 56%

Hi when you say escalate it to Jeff, what do you mean? Do you send a direct email to Jeff?
Old 12-01-2018

Longevity: 31%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettotige View Post
Hi when you say escalate it to Jeff, what do you mean? Do you send a direct email to Jeff?
yes
jeff@amazon.com
Old 12-01-2018
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettotige View Post
Try reaching out to amazon through the seller home page contact us, help button

its been proven to be pretty effective these days as well
Old 12-02-2018

Longevity: 37%

In my opinion and from personal experience once you been contacted it dont matter what you try and say it will never matter--i dont think they would ever put in the time to see if you are really legit or not