Blocked for BAP - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 12-05-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
Default Blocked for BAP

Has anyone received this message?

I made a new account and they asked for utility bill/business license/invoices.

I sent them it, and immediately the case was "answered" with this:

"slr acct has been blocked for BAP and slr is appealing for reinstatement by providing documents; please assist slr"

Has anyone seen this? Any ideas what BAP could be?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-05-2018

Longevity: 37%
Default Re: Blocked for BAP

In the last few days I thought about why Amazon is behaving like this, meaning blocking accounts left and right without any explanation. It must be because their platform has become so damn saturated with sellers.

Everybody is opening a selling account with Amazon nowadays, from single moms to bored retired people...etc

So Amazon is in a battlefield to keep the platform viable for legit sellers.

Anyway, I think the bot answered you and not a human being. From what I understood, Amazon will either accept or deny the bills one sends them. If the bills are denied, I suggest you go ahead and create a new account.
Old 12-05-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkingupwards View Post
In the last few days I thought about why Amazon is behaving like this, meaning blocking accounts left and right without any explanation. It must be because their platform has become so damn saturated with sellers.

Everybody is opening a selling account with Amazon nowadays, from single moms to bored retired people...etc

So Amazon is in a battlefield to keep the platform viable for legit sellers.

Anyway, I think the bot answered you and not a human being. From what I understood, Amazon will either accept or deny the bills one sends them. If the bills are denied, I suggest you go ahead and create a new account.
Seems like "BAP" must be some kind of review..I'm just wondering what it could possibly mean. I've sent the stuff, and I'm waiting to hear back now.
Old 12-05-2018
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 11%
Longevity: 33%

Its the information you submitted, they did not like it.
Old 12-05-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful View Post
Its the information you submitted, they did not like it.
I just scanned a copy of the power bill, and sent it to them. All of that info matched to the account. What's not to like?
Old 12-05-2018

Longevity: 39%

Quote:
Originally Posted by serajin View Post
I just scanned a copy of the power bill, and sent it to them. All of that info matched to the account. What's not to like?
For some cases, just scan the same doc in a different looking, then it works. Amazon doesn't like it means sometime they don't even read. They are so tired to read your doc and reject it for no reason. The reason they gave you is kinda like a random select an emoji... Yes, they suck
Old 12-06-2018

Longevity: 37%

BAP = Bad A$$ Performance
The Following User Says Thank You to ibmcorp For This Useful Post:
Beautiful (12-07-2018)
Old 12-09-2018

Longevity: 36%

Quote:
Originally Posted by serajin View Post
Has anyone received this message?

I made a new account and they asked for utility bill/business license/invoices.

I sent them it, and immediately the case was "answered" with this:

"slr acct has been blocked for BAP and slr is appealing for reinstatement by providing documents; please assist slr"

Has anyone seen this? Any ideas what BAP could be?
I haven't personally received such message, but few months ago, everytime i created an account, i was receiving the suspension message directly after i submit the bill, and after lots of messages to the performance team they've answered that my account has been suspended because of bap and non-english utility bill.

Lately after lots of search and discussing my problem here, i could determine the issue, looks like amazon has something like points system related to the country where you're creating your account, when you fulfil a number of these points, then your account will be reinstate, for example i was submitting an ID from Srilanka, and a credit card issued in russia, and a UK phone number, while my IP and utility bill are spanish or italian or whatever, they were suspending my account directly after submitting the bill, now i make sure the utility, phone number and IP are related to 1 country, and it works.

So make sure you have at least half of these points issued in the same country.
Old 12-09-2018
Executive [VIP]

Yes that points system has been around for a while

They increase the amount of points you need to get through verification around the holidays, is the way I've always look at it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Beautiful For This Useful Post:
marvydocs (12-10-2018)
Old 12-10-2018

Longevity: 36%

Quote:
Yes that points system has been around for a while

They increase the amount of points you need to get through verification around the holidays, is the way I've always look at it.

So true, and also it's better if you can fulfill all these points by matching the country of issue for all of your papers and credit card, it would save you a looot of headache, but for me, the problem is manifested in the credit card's country of issue, as i only have 3 choices to pick from, and all of them are different from the country where the account is opened.
Old 12-10-2018
Threadstarter  

Do we have a breakdown, or a rough idea of what contributes to these points? It's the first I'm hearing about it. I had a US phone number (Virtual? Maybe an issue?), US IP from a clean source, US Credit Card, US Drivers license, US Bank account for business (DBA), and local power bill from the power company.
Old 12-10-2018
Executive [VIP]

Everything pretty much contributes to it.

We force verification on the stores sold, that way the buyer doesn't have to deal with verification.

Hard to tell how much influence certain things have, but what I learned to do is create buyer accounts with purchases and age them before going into verification as a seller.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beautiful For This Useful Post:
ryancarl (01-12-2019), TooSlow (01-15-2019)
Old 01-12-2019

Longevity: 30%

Quote:

We force verification on the stores sold, that way the buyer doesn't have to deal with verification.

Hard to tell how much influence certain things have, but what I learned to do is create buyer accounts with purchases and age them before going into verification as a seller.
Could you please share how old my buyer account need to be and how much I should purchase before registering seller account?

Thanks.
Old 01-15-2019

Longevity: 30%

Quote:

Hey Beautiful, I've actually thought about that and glad you mentioned it. So you make a buyer account first and then make some purchases and age (weeks/months?) to the account and then add a seller account to it? How do you force verification?

Thanks!!