eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   How safe is it to sell a ton($10k+) on an AMZ stealth through FBM or FBA? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/122263-how-safe-sell-ton-10k-amz-stealth-through-fbm-fba.html)

powerseller44 12-06-2018 05:23 PM

How safe is it to sell a ton($10k+) on an AMZ stealth through FBM or FBA?

TL;DR: How safe is it to sell a ton of product from the start either with FBM or FBA on a stealth account with authentic products? I have a lot of inventory I want to sell. I'm worried about Amazon holding money if a ton gets sold and not depositing it to my checking account on file.

I currently have 4 stealth amazon accounts. 1 older(1 month) and 3 newer I understand slowly increasing sales on a stealth month($750) to month($1500) and having good feedback on AMZ is the safe way to maintain an account. But I remember reading that some people actually utilize stealth account as a burner to sell a ton of product with the understanding that the account will most likely get suspended or closed due to high flux of money on a new seller account(essentially not mimicing your average amazon seller) as well as causing the account to get verified, but then wait a period of time for Amazon to release the money such as 90 days and just let that account go.

I'm interested in doing this but I'm slightly worried having potentially 50K in a stealth account floating at amazon... will for sure get this money to deposit?? Given all my products are legit and having the chance of a complaint of customer, like regular customers do from time to time but nothing major like unauthentic products or no ship...but being completely legit.

I also would to like to know thoughts on doing FBA with a stealth?

Thanks!:mod:

AmaLOCK 12-06-2018 05:36 PM

Re: How safe is it to sell a ton($10k+) on an AMZ stealth through FBM or FBA?

What kind of products?
There are some difference between category

Beautiful 12-06-2018 07:18 PM

Heavy volume selling isn't an issue normally

The problems happen if you don't have invoices to back up the sales or poor seller metrics

If you're in tip top shape with invoices ready, happy customers, you should be fine

Spreading sales is smart between multiple shops

ibmcorp 12-06-2018 11:16 PM

I've sold lots with FBA on a brand new account... with FBA they know the customers are getting their stuff I guess

Jonnydoe 12-07-2018 07:26 AM

if you want to sell 10k$+ you HAVE to use more than 10 accs. If AMZ\EB will block 2 accs from 4 this is epic fail, if 10 from 100 this is statistic.

newjerseymax 12-07-2018 10:28 AM

I have sold almost 100k and the Amazon account is approx 6 months old. We get approx $18k a month deposited.

SaiJin 12-07-2018 10:47 AM

AS others have mentioned, as long as your products are legitimate and you can prove it
using amazon is fine in that volume.

I'm assuming the account is also fully verified

newjerseymax 12-07-2018 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaiJin (Post 963260)
AS others have mentioned, as long as your products are legitimate and you can prove it

Yes very important indeed...

powerseller44 12-07-2018 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmaLOCK (Post 963092)
What kind of products?
There are some difference between category

We resale dietary supplements directly from manufacturer. So our category is Health & Household

powerseller44 12-07-2018 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beautiful (Post 963106)
Heavy volume selling isn't an issue normally

The problems happen if you don't have invoices to back up the sales or poor seller metrics

If you're in tip top shape with invoices ready, happy customers, you should be fine

Spreading sales is smart between multiple shops

We have invoices to back up our products, on our other accounts that are more seasoned we have good customer feed back aside from the few customers that have confused MFG(manufacturing date) with the EXP(Expiration). I understand spreading the sales would be a ideal, but if we would like to sell a ton of 5 particular products on each stealth could this cause possible linking suspension? Or should we do this with our 5 major ones and make a ratio for example of 1:5 products of 1 thats similar and 5 that are random(unique to each account) to kind of deter similarities.

powerseller44 12-07-2018 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibmcorp (Post 963157)
I've sold lots with FBA on a brand new account... with FBA they know the customers are getting their stuff I guess

Thank you, I'll deff be looking into doing FBA now especially if it causes less problems with the sales velocity

powerseller44 12-07-2018 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newjerseymax (Post 963252)
I have sold almost 100k and the Amazon account is approx 6 months old. We get approx $18k a month deposited.

Nice!, Have you placed on LLC on the account? And what do you use for deposits currently I use BofA, But I'm intrersted to hear what you might use such as Wells farg etc or I've recently heard of payoneer

powerseller44 12-07-2018 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaiJin (Post 963260)

Thanks! this is good to know. My only concern is if Amazon decides to hold my money for w.e reason will I still get it deposited after a certain period of time

Kgallag5590 12-08-2018 04:08 AM

I think you always run the risk of Amazon shutting you down and permanently withholding all proceeds from sales prior to a scheduled disbursement.

dennis82 12-08-2018 11:13 AM

how did u get approved in that category.

And can someone tell me if the EU market is as good as the US market for health ?

powerseller44 12-08-2018 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kgallag5590 (Post 963427)
I think you always run the risk of Amazon shutting you down and permanently withholding all proceeds from sales prior to a scheduled disbursement.

I see, I think now we've been thinking of just going big for one month in sales then wait a month n let it drain then rinse wash repeat lol

powerseller44 12-08-2018 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dennis82 (Post 963491)
how did u get approved in that category.

And can someone tell me if the EU market is as good as the US market for health ?

I just depends on what your selling, in the category different items/sku have different limitations some company's' have managed to block all resellers for specific items

marvydocs 12-09-2018 12:55 AM

It's way safer to have about 10 extra accounts and spread you items between them, don't bet on Amazon, they're a real F***, so stay safe and have more accounts.

solefoodbk 12-11-2018 05:37 PM

Anyone know about using invoices like printful and the acceptability? Normally I assume it’s fine but for example, if I’m selling iPhone cases but don’t have invoices for the image itself (like creative design) but for the actual cost of the iPhone, I should be okay? I’m new to drop shipping, and I would assume it’s all good but also new to amazon

one23four 12-12-2018 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvydocs (Post 963603)
It's way safer to have about 10 extra accounts and spread you items between them, don't bet on Amazon, they're a real F***, so stay safe and have more accounts.

never listen to guys like these.

10k its small amount of volume, you have to understand.

JamesLee 12-28-2018 02:42 PM

10k is not ton amount on Amazon. One of my accounts is more than 90K a month and only 6 months old.
But you have to be careful if you sell some risky product. Large balance will be held when account is suspend for any reason.
Amazon hold $200k this year

Beautiful 12-28-2018 05:40 PM

spreading sales / having back ups isn't unwise, many people do it and recommend it :)