Creating new account using my real name - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 12-07-2018

Activity: 11%
Longevity: 40%
Default Creating new account using my real name

I wont get in to detail why im using my real name or creating a new account. In summary its for tax reasons. If you want to know PM me.

I plan to create a new stealth account using my real name at a new address. The passport will be my real passport.

I can start remitting my GST on the fresh Business Number I have with the CRA and attach it to my Amazon account.

The address I'll be using is a local business who rents out office rooms. They agreed to accept my removals for $0.50/pr package. I'll set the Amazon address as their business address. Im not renting an office room, im just going to set the Amazon account address the same as their physical street address.

Potentials that could kill my account are:

1) linkage by same name / products sold. Ill be selling the same products but with a 20:1 of other random books.

2) Amazon requests GST/HST / BN verification papers.

3) Someone at the local business address has an Amazon account or creates one. Not 100% on how this would turn out.

4) Linkage somehow through my buyer account. I still use it to buy a lot of inv and resell on my seller account.

What are your thoughts?

Also are account creations during this time (X-mas) always more difficult or is this just a common "assumption"? Do account creators notice legitimate increased difficulty with rejections during this time?

Last edited by Canadianleaf; 12-07-2018 at 06:29 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-07-2018
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 58%
Default Re: Creating new account using my real name

If you want to use your name, you have to "lost" your DL or passport, order new one in DMV or where you can get it in your state. You have to get new address (for bank statement and other docs with address).
Next all have to be good.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jonnydoe For This Useful Post:
marvydocs (12-20-2018)
Old 12-07-2018

Longevity: 37%

Does Amazon link same name and birthday?

Even if the DL or passport # is different, would they still get suspicious of the same name with the exact same birth day?
Old 12-07-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 33%

Sounds pretty good and thoughtful

Honestly verification has always been increasing in difficulty, and it certainly feels like the times it gets harder, is around Thanksgiving/Xmas
Old 12-07-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibmcorp View Post
Does Amazon link same name and birthday?

Even if the DL or passport # is different, would they still get suspicious of the same name with the exact same birth day?
My suspended accounts with my real name were very old and never had ID check so they never seen my real ID before.

I forget, does Amazon have a birthday field you must enter during the signup process? I cant remember..
Old 12-11-2018

Longevity: 35%

yes you have to enter birthday
Old 12-11-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingtree View Post
yes you have to enter birthday
Where in the world do you enter birthday at during the seller account creation process? How did I miss this part? Can you please tell me where? Please update me to confirm birthday is a requirment. Is this for amazon.ca or amazon.com?

Im told Amazon.co.uk asks for DOB but I dont remember .ca or .com asking for DOB.

Last edited by Canadianleaf; 12-11-2018 at 07:09 PM.
Old 12-12-2018

when you upload documents as Driver license i believe it ask for DOB on .com
Old 12-12-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingtree View Post
when you upload documents as Driver license i believe it ask for DOB on .com
Can you confirm this? Can anyone confirm this? Can someone post a screenshot next time they create an account to show this?

Ive made over 40 seller accounts on .ca and do not remember seeing a DOB being asked. My last account created was over 5 months ago so is the DOB being asked new now or something? Anyone?
Old 12-13-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%
Send a message via Skype™ to garry9061

Yes, I did this last year, we set up a new business with my name as a 100% shareholder and another person as 0% shareholder, I then set up the amazon with the other name. Never had an issue.
Old 12-13-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by garry9061 View Post
Yes, I did this last year, we set up a new business with my name as a 100% shareholder and another person as 0% shareholder, I then set up the amazon with the other name. Never had an issue.
...So you didn't open an Amazon account using your real name, you used another person's name. Am I reading this correctly?
Old 12-13-2018
Threadstarter  

Once I get my new debit card in the mail opening a new seller account using my real name. Everything on the account will be unique except my real name. Im hoping Amazon.ca does not ask for DOB in case Amazon somehow determined the DOB on my suspended Amazon.ca account.
Old 12-13-2018

Longevity: 37%

If you have an older Amazon US account, and they never asked for ID verification, they do not have your birthday on file! They only ask this info for people opening accounts from abroad or newer seller accounts in the US that require the ID verification.
Old 12-14-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadianleaf View Post
Once I get my new debit card in the mail opening a new seller account using my real name. Everything on the account will be unique except my real name. Im hoping Amazon.ca does not ask for DOB in case Amazon somehow determined the DOB on my suspended Amazon.ca account.
hey leaf, i sent you a email. i dont have 25 post so i couldnt send you a private message
Old 12-14-2018
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 55%
Longevity: 91%

com does ask for DoB, I think it's standard practice on most platofrms by now.
Old 12-14-2018
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 26%
Longevity: 54%

You can use same name date of birth as long as rest is different
Old 12-14-2018
Threadstarter  

Ive finally confirmed with someone that the DOB asking was introduced on amazon.com within the past 3-4 months as it was not asked during the start of the year.

If this is the same for Amazon.ca I do not know.
Old 12-15-2018

Longevity: 58%

I think you will be fine. I created a new account about 3 months ago. Used my name and address that was linked to my old suspended account. So far no problems.
Obviously I used Fresh IP, PC, phone number and new company. Company is registered to the same address as with the account that was suspended.
Old 12-15-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc_vobla View Post
I think you will be fine. I created a new account about 3 months ago. Used my name and address that was linked to my old suspended account. So far no problems.
Obviously I used Fresh IP, PC, phone number and new company. Company is registered to the same address as with the account that was suspended.
and address

Why man why?! I dont think your account will last TBH. Sure, name reusing is not a 100% link but name AND ADDRESS of the same suspended account. Your accounts days are numbered IMO. Please keep us posted im genuinely curious on how long it will survive.

This plays along with my concern if my accounts up and I assume its safe and I drop $20,000 in FBA inventory to be suspended a month later.
Old 12-18-2018

Longevity: 65%

It's perfectly fine. Use your name. Amazon does NOT link accounts based on name alone, I can attest to that, I've made many accounts with the same name before. As long as everything else is different it should be fine, make sure you use different Social Security or get an EIN number, or do an LLC with different EIN for that account, whatever. My only concern would be the ID verification requirement nowadays as they are much more stringent than back in the day.

In my experience, as crazy as Amazon is, their process actually follows some logical common sense. Names fall in that category. There are more than two people in a country with the same name. In fact, some names are very common and there are numerous people with the same name living in the same towns, sometimes in the same street or apartment building. Amazon cannot arbitrarily make decisions that affect large numbers of people, simply assuming that no two people can possibly live in the same zip code that have same or similar names. Again, names alone will not link you. Social Security number alone will. Because not two people have the same. Names will not! It's common sense...
The Following User Says Thank You to alekov For This Useful Post:
Canadianleaf (12-18-2018)
Old 12-18-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by alekov View Post
It's perfectly fine. Use your name. Amazon does NOT link accounts based on name alone, I can attest to that, I've made many accounts with the same name before. As long as everything else is different it should be fine, make sure you use different Social Security or get an EIN number, or do an LLC with different EIN for that account, whatever. My only concern would be the ID verification requirement nowadays as they are much more stringent than back in the day.

In my experience, as crazy as Amazon is, their process actually follows some logical common sense. Names fall in that category. There are more than two people in a country with the same name. In fact, some names are very common and there are numerous people with the same name living in the same towns, sometimes in the same street or apartment building. Amazon cannot arbitrarily make decisions that affect large numbers of people, simply assuming that no two people can possibly live in the same zip code that have same or similar names. Again, names alone will not link you. Social Security number alone will. Because not two people have the same. Names will not! It's common sense...
Question:

1) For US stealthers do you guys usually do single-member LLC / General Partnerships / Limited partnerships? If you DON'T do single member who do you usually have as the second partner?

Canada does not have a "single member" separate entity like in the US with LLC, GP, LP's. Canadian partnerships require minimum (2) partners.

2) Also, isnt Amazon asking for Partnership agreements / Articles of Incorporation now-a-days?

Last edited by Canadianleaf; 12-18-2018 at 08:30 PM.
Old 12-18-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 33%

Correct, Single member LLC