eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   New Amazon Account for sole proprietorship (Canada) (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/122643-new-amazon-account-sole-proprietorship-canada.html)

Doma 12-24-2018 09:41 AM

New Amazon Account for sole proprietorship (Canada)

Hi Everyone,

First I am not new to Amazon accounts stealth and real but before I create a new SP account I am not sure of the following?

Can I create an account in the name of the SP in Canada?
Upon creating the account what documents will I be asked for?
Does the address, phone # etc have to be new never used on Amazon Before?

Canadianleaf 12-24-2018 09:54 AM

Re: New Amazon Account for sole proprietorship (Canada)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doma (Post 966644)
Hi Everyone,

First I am not new to Amazon accounts stealth and real but before I create a new SP account I am not sure of the following?

Can I create an account in the name of the SP in Canada?
Upon creating the account what documents will I be asked for?
Does the address, phone # etc have to be new never used on Amazon Before?

Yay finally a Canadian :) :canada:

1) Sole prop name is YOUR name. Yes you can.

2) Personal ID (Drivers license / Passport) + proof of address (bank statement/utility bill). They'll also ask for business license but that's optional.

3) Nothing can be the same as another sellers account. Reusing name is accepted because there can be thousands of Doma's in Canada. Careful with entering your business number for GST/HST collection - once you burn it its gone for ever. Canadians dont get to use LLC's like the US guys.

4) Another caveat. Using a stealth name will eliminate your ability to claim ITCs on GST/HST you pay for FBA services. If you can't use your legal name and a business address that can be related to you you will not be able to claim ITC's. The only other way is to legally change your name, form a partnership or Canadian Corporation so you can have a new legal entity. If you are a dual citizen (US citizen) the legal implications of this would be the equivalent of slowing sliding glass shards in to your eyes. Trying to take the US route is not possible either as LLC's are taxed as foreign corporations by the CRA.

rsot 12-24-2018 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadianleaf (Post 966645)

2) Personal ID (Drivers license / Passport) + proof of address (bank statement/utility bill). They'll also ask for business license but that's optional.

3) Nothing can be the same as another sellers account. Reusing name is accepted because there can be thousands of Doma's in Canada. Careful with entering your business number for GST/HST collection - once you burn it its gone for ever. Canadians dont get to use LLC's like the US guys.

Very nice Canadianleaf

Beautiful 12-24-2018 02:00 PM

Glad to see Canadian leaf dropping knowledge for a change :P

Lucifer 03-12-2019 06:43 PM

Great info. But how ppl in canada make stealth accounts?
Thanks
Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadianleaf (Post 966645)

4) Another caveat. Using a stealth name will eliminate your ability to claim ITCs on GST/HST you pay for FBA services. If you can't use your legal name and a business address that can be related to you you will not be able to claim ITC's. The only other way is to legally change your name, form a partnership or Canadian Corporation so you can have a new legal entity. If you are a dual citizen (US citizen) the legal implications of this would be the equivalent of slowing sliding glass shards in to your eyes. Trying to take the US route is not possible either as LLC's are taxed as foreign corporations by the CRA.

pinkish 03-13-2019 12:15 AM

What about the facial recognition feature ? Has anyone in Canada experienced that yet ? Or It's nothing but a rumor ?

Thanks !

Beautiful 03-13-2019 01:30 PM

They have not fully implemented it yet so no need to worry just yet.