How long does linkage take? - eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Marketplace Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-03-2019
Canadianleaf's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 943
Thanks: 391
Thanked 152 Times in 121 Posts
Activity: 54%
Longevity: 16%
iTrader: (0)
Default How long does linkage take?

Say an account is linked to another account somehow, say similar ASIN's and seller name - how long would it take for Amazon to review and suspend me?

My new stealth account is using my legal name with a mixture of random book asins and some of the same asins I sold on my suspended account.
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 01-03-2019
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 61
Thanks: 1
Thanked 17 Times in 16 Posts
Activity: 33%
Longevity: 33%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: How long does linkage take?

If I remember correctly, it should be a 10:1 new Asins to old asins. I think some people have even said up to 100:1 to be safe.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-03-2019
Canadianleaf's Avatar
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 943
Thanks: 391
Thanked 152 Times in 121 Posts
Activity: 54%
Longevity: 16%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: How long does linkage take?

Quote:
Originally Posted by serajin View Post
If I remember correctly, it should be a 10:1 new Asins to old asins. I think some people have even said up to 100:1 to be safe.
Yes. Its hard at the start though. 50 asin limit.

im at about 5:1 - 7:1 ratio right now for random asins. Accounts under my real legal name, same as my suspended account.

And of course everything else is unique.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-03-2019
JamesNorth101's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 17,071
Thanks: 1,312
Thanked 4,228 Times in 3,314 Posts
Activity: 78%
Longevity: 49%
iTrader: (341)
Default Re: How long does linkage take?

No one can really give you an exact time as none of us know how long that sort of process takes.

I can only imagine its pretty dam fast though with Amazon
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
Canadianleaf (01-03-2019)
  #5  
Old 01-03-2019
Canadianleaf's Avatar
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 943
Thanks: 391
Thanked 152 Times in 121 Posts
Activity: 54%
Longevity: 16%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: How long does linkage take?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
No one can really give you an exact time as none of us know how long that sort of process takes.

I can only imagine its pretty dam fast though with Amazon
I would prefer a quick and painless death. Amazon taking 3 months to finally decide while I begin to feel the account will survive should be against the Geneva conventions.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-03-2019
JamesNorth101's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 17,071
Thanks: 1,312
Thanked 4,228 Times in 3,314 Posts
Activity: 78%
Longevity: 49%
iTrader: (341)
Default Re: How long does linkage take?

Amazon are pretty ruthless. If they think that there is a link the limitation is pretty fast.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
Canadianleaf (01-03-2019)
  #7  
Old 01-03-2019
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 77
Thanks: 0
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Activity: 2%
Longevity: 8%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: How long does linkage take?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadianleaf View Post
Yes. Its hard at the start though. 50 asin limit.

im at about 5:1 - 7:1 ratio right now for random asins. Accounts under my real legal name, same as my suspended account.

And of course everything else is unique.
So you are using the same names for both accounts and you are not linked?!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-03-2019
JamesNorth101's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 17,071
Thanks: 1,312
Thanked 4,228 Times in 3,314 Posts
Activity: 78%
Longevity: 49%
iTrader: (341)
Default Re: How long does linkage take?

Quote:
Originally Posted by auga View Post
So you are using the same names for both accounts and you are not linked?!
A name alone wont link accounts (so long as its a fairly common name)

It take 2 or 3 links for a limitation to happen usually (although there are always exceptions to the rule)
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-03-2019
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 5
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 3%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: How long does linkage take?

Hey guys might be a dumb question but If I'm running VM Ware or virtual box does it matter if I'm using my current computer of my suspended Amazon account? I'm assuming it doesn't matter since using Vm or virtual box i would be connected as if i'm on a brand new computer/IP ?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-03-2019
JamesNorth101's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 17,071
Thanks: 1,312
Thanked 4,228 Times in 3,314 Posts
Activity: 78%
Longevity: 49%
iTrader: (341)
Default Re: How long does linkage take?

So long as its a totally new IP and the VM is all set up correctly then all the account details are totally different you are fine
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-03-2019
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 5
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 3%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: How long does linkage take?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
So long as its a totally new IP and the VM is all set up correctly then all the account details are totally different you are fine
So I would still have to at least change my home ip?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-03-2019
Canadianleaf's Avatar
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 943
Thanks: 391
Thanked 152 Times in 121 Posts
Activity: 54%
Longevity: 16%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: How long does linkage take?

Bro, get your own thread
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-03-2019
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,619
Thanks: 307
Thanked 254 Times in 230 Posts
Activity: 32%
Longevity: 6%
iTrader: (8)
Default Re: How long does linkage take?

Lets say you screw up one day with a bad IP or upload a photo from a device that was previously linked to a suspended store

You'll be flagged at the time it happens, but when your account actually goes down is when there is some kind of account update usually, like updating bank details.

Around disbursement as well
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-03-2019
JamesNorth101's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 17,071
Thanks: 1,312
Thanked 4,228 Times in 3,314 Posts
Activity: 78%
Longevity: 49%
iTrader: (341)
Default Re: How long does linkage take?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rznr44 View Post
So I would still have to at least change my home ip?
You need a totally new IP or to use a VPN
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
rznr44 (01-03-2019)
  #15  
Old 01-03-2019
Canadianleaf's Avatar
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 943
Thanks: 391
Thanked 152 Times in 121 Posts
Activity: 54%
Longevity: 16%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: How long does linkage take?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful View Post
Lets say you screw up one day with a bad IP or upload a photo from a device that was previously linked to a suspended store

You'll be flagged at the time it happens, but when your account actually goes down is when there is some kind of account update usually, like updating bank details.

Around disbursement as well
I wont screw up in those ways, my accounts are very secure. Only linkage is name and not enough ratio of random ASINs. My asin limit is increased so its currently 20:1.

Interesting scenario how its flagged but doesn't go down until you change details or during disbursement. So if Im hypothetically flagged Amazon wont actually do anything until my disbursement date say two weeks later? Very interesting. If I had no disbursements for 3 months it wouldn't happen until this 3 month mark (or account change)?

Last edited by Canadianleaf; 01-03-2019 at 02:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-03-2019
JamesNorth101's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 17,071
Thanks: 1,312
Thanked 4,228 Times in 3,314 Posts
Activity: 78%
Longevity: 49%
iTrader: (341)
Default Re: How long does linkage take?

In theory potential yes. It’s not a hard set rule though, it can happen without disbursements though
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
Canadianleaf (01-03-2019)
  #17  
Old 01-04-2019
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,619
Thanks: 307
Thanked 254 Times in 230 Posts
Activity: 32%
Longevity: 6%
iTrader: (8)
Default Re: How long does linkage take?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadianleaf View Post
I wont screw up in those ways, my accounts are very secure. Only linkage is name and not enough ratio of random ASINs. My asin limit is increased so its currently 20:1.

Interesting scenario how its flagged but doesn't go down until you change details or during disbursement. So if Im hypothetically flagged Amazon wont actually do anything until my disbursement date say two weeks later? Very interesting. If I had no disbursements for 3 months it wouldn't happen until this 3 month mark (or account change)?
Yeah most of the time around disbursement

Having the same name and selling the same items can get you linked so just be cautious about that.

If you previously created product pages on an account that was suspended, and you are now listing those same itens under the same product page, that is putting you at even greater risk.

There is much more weight on linkage if you create the pages and then re-sell under them with the same name. Definitely avoid that, create new item pages, or choose items you haven't sold before
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Beautiful For This Useful Post:
Canadianleaf (01-04-2019)
  #18  
Old 01-04-2019
Canadianleaf's Avatar
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 943
Thanks: 391
Thanked 152 Times in 121 Posts
Activity: 54%
Longevity: 16%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: How long does linkage take?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful View Post
Yeah most of the time around disbursement

Having the same name and selling the same items can get you linked so just be cautious about that.

If you previously created product pages on an account that was suspended, and you are now listing those same itens under the same product page, that is putting you at even greater risk.

There is much more weight on linkage if you create the pages and then re-sell under them with the same name. Definitely avoid that, create new item pages, or choose items you haven't sold before
Thanks. The items I sell are mostly books, keep the ratio of other asins as high as I can. Never created any pages, only sell used offers. I invested a few thousand in inv and sent to FBA. If the account survives its first disbursement my stress levels will become more normal.

Last edited by Canadianleaf; 01-04-2019 at 12:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-04-2019
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,619
Thanks: 307
Thanked 254 Times in 230 Posts
Activity: 32%
Longevity: 6%
iTrader: (8)
Default Re: How long does linkage take?

You should be alright then with that kind of ratio of 20:1 of new products to previously sold

Make sure you're actually selling 20:1, not just listing, to create a more unique profile etc
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-04-2019
Canadianleaf's Avatar
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 943
Thanks: 391
Thanked 152 Times in 121 Posts
Activity: 54%
Longevity: 16%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: How long does linkage take?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful View Post
You should be alright then with that kind of ratio of 20:1 of new products to previously sold

Make sure you're actually selling 20:1, not just listing, to create a more unique profile etc
Ouch. The 20:1 of new to old products are all listed but I wont actually be selling them. They're all listed at >$250.

The ASIN's that I'll be actually selling on will still be very similar to my suspended account which holds the same name. This makes me nervous.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 01-05-2019
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 79
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Activity: 10%
Longevity: 3%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: How long does linkage take?

No one knows for sure, but obviously the more similarities the higher the chance. Also once people get back on they are excited and just relist the same items that got them into issues in the first place, and the same thing happens.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Strange Linkage dachilla eBay Discussion! 1 02-05-2018 03:21 PM
Linkage? yankee Amazon 31 11-30-2016 04:00 PM
Can API IP address cause linkage maroonmobile eBay Discussion! 2 10-07-2016 12:01 PM
Possible linkage? Zilligenaire eBay Suspensions 1 05-29-2016 04:11 PM
stamps.com Linkage ? cnotesdip EBay Tools and Software 3 12-22-2013 12:38 AM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:18 PM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts