eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   Face ID, End of Stealth? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/123117-face-id-end-stealth.html)

Lucky100 01-12-2019 03:17 AM

Face ID, End of Stealth?

Is there anyway to bypass the Face ID verification. My friend got it once in about 9-12 registrations

If it’s implemented for all accounts, is it over for stealth, and everyone will have one account?

cobaogio7 01-12-2019 03:20 AM

Re: Face ID, End of Stealth?

is it before or after the upload ID step?

netter 01-12-2019 04:07 AM

Do you mean iOS FaceID verification? Or is this something else?

Beautiful 01-12-2019 08:43 AM

Been messing with this for the last couple days, not looking good!

phaz0rz 01-12-2019 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Demon (Post 970780)
Is this for amazon US? Again, I can't imagine them implementing this on a large scale without public blowback about privacy issues.

They're big enough to say "screw your privacy concerns, show us your face if you want to sell with us" and sellers will do it.

If this were being rolled out to all buyers that would be one thing, but a very small percentage of people on Amazon are sellers. Amazon knows that big sellers almost all already have accounts, so this would be a good time for them to start tightening things down. They already have the good sellers they want.. and even those sellers they aren't very fond of.

donkeykong2012 01-12-2019 09:20 AM

However even Amazon will always want new customers in the form of sellers.

I personally don't think there is ever the time where they think "we have enough sellers now". Even if they only want big sellers.

I think they are testing the water to assess the reaction.

If there is enough concern, they may shelve it.

In any event, all they want as I understand is a 5 second video. I am no technology expert, but in this day and age, there must be a way of giving them what they want...

yankee 01-12-2019 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky100 (Post 970700)
Is there anyway to bypass the Face ID verification. My friend got it once in about 9-12 registrations

If it’s implemented for all accounts, is it over for stealth, and everyone will have one account?

In the USA?

HelloEveryone 01-12-2019 06:26 PM

If this is your first stealth account, wouldn't it be okay to just upload your own photo?

mroskey 01-13-2019 01:42 AM

you can simply skip it by acting your PC dotn' have webcam.

Lucky100 01-13-2019 02:01 AM

Mroskey

From what I seen it’s mandatory, how did you bypass it?

Lucky100 01-13-2019 04:17 AM

Beautiful,

Are you going to increase your price for stores after the latest update

byte 01-13-2019 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky100 (Post 970939)
Mroskey

From what I seen it’s mandatory, how did you bypass it?

I think what he tried to say is if no webcam is detected you may perhaps be able to bypass it.

Beautiful 01-13-2019 06:19 AM

I've tested it without a browser supported webcam and it errors out, but it doesn't let you skip the page

Still too early for a fix but keep at it, lets see how things go in the next few months

phaz0rz 01-13-2019 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mroskey (Post 970936)
you can simply skip it by acting your PC dotn' have webcam.

It sure doesn't work like that with Coinbase. You just can't pass verification until you find a cam to use.

auga 01-13-2019 09:34 AM

So do you guys think it is manually reviewed or software?

lillyjill 01-13-2019 11:23 AM

I think it signals the end of selling on amazon soon for all 3rd party sellers except the ones that are well established. It seems amazon does not want them anymore

sax4 01-13-2019 12:00 PM

Doesn't look good, although there are always work arounds

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....Qzh1L._RI_.jpg

phaz0rz 01-13-2019 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lillyjill (Post 971033)
I think it signals the end of selling on amazon soon for all 3rd party sellers except the ones that are well established. It seems amazon does not want them anymore

Not "all", just the ones trying to use made up identities to create accounts and bypass their previous suspension on Amazon. Seems like they are fed up with sellers being able to get back on so easily.

phaz0rz 01-13-2019 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Demon (Post 971075)
Then perhaps they should either ease up the restrictions or quit with the arbitrary suspensions because for every new "security measure" they introduce, someone will figure out how to beat it.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not taking their side. But it's easy to understand why they're getting fed up with banned sellers returning. It's costing them money and reputation.

I'm betting within the next 5 years their verification measures will be so stringent that it won't be possible to use a stealth account on Amazon in any way. Amazon is a big enough force within the USA to have legislation custom crafted just for them, and that's probably what will end up happening. Sooner than later all of this stealth stuff will be made illegal.

byte 01-13-2019 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 971077)
Don't get me wrong - I'm not taking their side. But it's easy to understand why they're getting fed up with banned sellers returning. It's costing them money and reputation.

I'm betting within the next 5 years their verification measures will be so stringent that it won't be possible to use a stealth account on Amazon in any way. Amazon is a big enough force within the USA to have legislation custom crafted just for them, and that's probably what will end up happening. Sooner than later all of this stealth stuff will be made illegal.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it's illegal to have anyone else's identity information used.

phaz0rz 01-13-2019 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by byte (Post 971082)
Correct me if I'm wrong but it's illegal to have anyone else's identity information used.

Yeah, that's wrong. Every company you've ever dealt with online is storing your identifying information.

TooSlow 01-13-2019 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beautiful (Post 970959)
I've tested it without a browser supported webcam and it errors out, but it doesn't let you skip the page

Still too early for a fix but keep at it, lets see how things go in the next few months

Are you seeing this in the USA?

phaz0rz 01-13-2019 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Demon (Post 971078)
On the other side, there may be severe blowback to facial recognition and they may not get it passed, as well as anti monopoly measures ala Microsoft in the early 2000s.

I hear ya. I've been calling Monopoly on Amazon for a while, but it's extremely unlikely they'll be broken up by anti-trust courts any time soon like what happened with Microsoft. Amazon is extremely diverse, and you do have plenty of other options when buying online, so I'm sure their lawyers would be able to put up a good defense against anyone calling them a "true monopoly".

Monopoly or not, they're still going to move forward with this and they aren't the only ones who will be implementing something like this in the near future. Facebook, Google, Twatter, etc will all follow and then showing yourself on webcam will become part of registration on most major platforms.

Normies won't care at all - they're already used to stuff like this. The only people who will care are those trying to get around Amazon's verification measures.

quizer 01-13-2019 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beautiful (Post 970959)

Banks have been testing this tech as part of their on boarding process for about 12-24 months.
Since iPhone had the face id, everyone was/is trying to jump on that bandwagon. They didn't find a use for it, but loads on POC (proof of concepts) kicking around in the wanking industry.

Uk haven't rolled it out yet, got **** to deal with like Brexit, the actual divorce from EU, and then the upcoming recession (possible), commercial down turn, due to uncertainty.
Project budgets are being cut everywhere, they have the tech but business cases are not being funded due to the above.
Expect to see it more and more and everywhere.
They have already thought of masks, pictures and makeup.
-note to moderators.
Please delete/edit this post as necessary.

gotgame44 01-14-2019 07:25 PM

What is amazon requiring that you do during this 5 second video.Are you suppose to do a song and dance or show hold your ID up?

Beautiful 01-15-2019 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quizer (Post 971132)
Banks have been testing this tech as part of their on boarding process for about 12-24 months.
Since iPhone had the face id, everyone was/is trying to jump on that bandwagon. They didn't find a use for it, but loads on POC (proof of concepts) kicking around in the wanking industry.

Uk haven't rolled it out yet, got **** to deal with like Brexit, the actual divorce from EU, and then the upcoming recession (possible), commercial down turn, due to uncertainty.
Project budgets are being cut everywhere, they have the tech but business cases are not being funded due to the above.
Expect to see it more and more and everywhere.
They have already thought of masks, pictures and makeup.
-note to moderators.
Please delete/edit this post as necessary.

Yup in the crypto field as well. Netverify (sp?) seems to be a common 3rd party verification process

TooSlow 01-15-2019 11:37 PM

any more updates on this? I'm going to be making a store this week but maybe I'll play around with it first and enter some bogus info if they're testing this video ID

Beautiful 01-16-2019 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TooSlow (Post 971648)
any more updates on this? I'm going to be making a store this week but maybe I'll play around with it first and enter some bogus info if they're testing this video ID

Its only popping up sometimes, under specific circumstances

Update us with how it goes for you!

gotgame44 01-16-2019 03:03 PM

I can see them only doing it for high flagged accounts.I make alot of accounts,Most accounts I managed to avoid the goverment id request,even 6-7 months after the accounts been under reviews and everything .Still havent gotten the ID request.How well you make the account can avoid some of these request.I dont think its just random ,just have to understand the triggers.

serajin 01-16-2019 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotgame44 (Post 971832)
I can see them only doing it for high flagged accounts.I make alot of accounts,Most accounts I managed to avoid the goverment id request,even 6-7 months after the accounts been under reviews and everything .Still havent gotten the ID request.How well you make the account can avoid some of these request.I dont think its just random ,just have to understand the triggers.

When was the last time you made an account that didn't request you to send in an ID?

ryancarl 01-17-2019 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by serajin (Post 971910)
When was the last time you made an account that didn't request you to send in an ID?

I guess he registered accounts long time ago, may be in early 2017 or earlier

anomander 01-17-2019 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by byte (Post 971082)

It is, but they are doing it anyway... Facebook and Google made a lot of money abusing our information, that we gave them, for different purposes...

Freakzilla 01-24-2021 11:16 AM

Only a two year old thread dude

rsot 01-24-2021 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles090 (Post 1138174)
I think that face recognition technology improves security significantly.

Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth :thumb:

https://youtu.be/TLcuTISVs3s

rsot 01-24-2021 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freakzilla (Post 1138185)
Only a two year old thread dude

Sunday chuckles :lol:

machine1 01-25-2021 05:17 AM

I havent been on this aspkin for years . I gave up on usa accounts . so far i created EU accounts with no problem. Its less headache with usa verfication and im still able to sell on usa with no problems at all and ungating categories . Time to move on from USA accounts and start making them else where if you have the ablilty to do so or try to find a way. so far i made 35 pro amazon seller accounts without any verfication video or mail in codes. Im reaching for 100 accounts to ensure i stay in the game of selling for the next 10 years and im going on 9th year of selling .

Freakzilla 01-25-2021 10:03 AM

You have 100 Stealth EU Amazon accounts?

SaiJin 01-25-2021 12:28 PM

Old thread, please make a new one.