eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   Is it safe to lie to Amazon even if it ends up getting aprroved for selling? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/123373-safe-lie-amazon-even-if-ends-up-getting-aprroved-selling.html)

thepianoman 01-21-2019 08:13 PM

Is it safe to lie to Amazon even if it ends up getting aprroved for selling?

Being vague here but I think you guys understand what is being hinted at.

Is it safe to lie to a company like amazon for their selling account or is there consequences for that? I don't mean getting not approved or suspended but say if the information we give to amazon is a lie and it gets us approved, if they find out later that it was false, can they get us in trouble?

I tried asking this question before but it gets deleted since there's only certain things we can talk about on this forum.

nickopedia 01-21-2019 08:20 PM

Re: Is it safe to lie to Amazon even if it ends up getting aprroved for selling?

Amazon is notoriously strict when it comes to vetting sellers and standards. It's the main reason I don't even consider selling there, it's just not worth the trouble.

thepianoman 01-21-2019 10:04 PM

Re: Is it safe to lie to Amazon even if it ends up getting aprroved for selling?

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickopedia (Post 972924)
Amazon is notoriously strict when it comes to vetting sellers and standards. It's the main reason I don't even consider selling there, it's just not worth the trouble.

I wish I even had the choice. Just worried about lying to amazon if there's any serious consequences to that.

Canadianleaf 01-21-2019 10:36 PM

I would say no unless you activley steal money from Amazon using some sort of fraud such as return scams or selling a bunch of stuff you dont have and pocketing the money. If not I dont believe amazon has an incentive other then to close your account.

If you steal $10,000 USD from Amazon though, they'll probably take w/e actions they can to get it back.

Stealth1738 01-21-2019 11:23 PM

If you believe the lies you tell them then yes as it's not really a lie then.

thepianoman 01-22-2019 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadianleaf (Post 972943)
I would say no unless you activley steal money from Amazon using some sort of fraud such as return scams or selling a bunch of stuff you dont have and pocketing the money. If not I dont believe amazon has an incentive other then to close your account.

If you steal $10,000 USD from Amazon though, they'll probably take w/e actions they can to get it back.

ya not those kinds of lies lol. Just to get approval to sell on their platform whether it is just to get an account accepted or a category open.

nickopedia 01-22-2019 01:45 AM

What sets Amazon apart from other marketplaces (such as eBay) is their vigilance in checking info you give them. They are well known to phone suppliers, verify identification more thoroughly, and have sophisticated tracking technology. They carefully vet sellers who want to be approved to sell certain ASIN's aind request to ungate categories. They are far more strict than eBay or PayPal.

In short, if AZN thinks you are screwing them over, they are likely to hold onto your money forever and ever. At least with PayPal, there is a good chance you'll let it back after 180 days have past. Amazon are just hardasses if you don't play by their rules.

thepianoman 01-22-2019 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickopedia (Post 972973)
What sets Amazon apart from other marketplaces (such as eBay) is their vigilance in checking info you give them. They are well known to phone suppliers, verify identification more thoroughly, and have sophisticated tracking technology. They carefully vet sellers who want to be approved to sell certain ASIN's aind request to ungate categories. They are far more strict than eBay or PayPal.

In short, if AZN thinks you are screwing them over, they are likely to hold onto your money forever and ever. At least with PayPal, there is a good chance you'll let it back after 180 days have past. Amazon are just hardasses if you don't play by their rules.

Yes they're so notorious I think most people on here know what your saying to be true. I'm simply in it just to get accepted as a seller for stealth info and that's all. I worry about giving hardasses like amazon "creative" information. People on here constantly use the phrase "get creative" when they are referring to it. lol

nickopedia 01-22-2019 05:40 PM

Why do people insist on selling on Amazon?
One word: TRAFFIC

Lots of traffic, far more than eBay.

Even despite that, it's a hard as hell platform to work, and just not worth the trouble for me. I'd gladly sell 100x of a given item on eBay than 10,000x on Amazon dealing with their BS and crap requests.

The fact is, there are a lot of other marketplaces out there. Put some work into it, and be creative in your approach.

Sunspot144 01-22-2019 06:20 PM

"It's not illegal until you get caught."

Worth a look into their TOS. It's Laissez-faire motherf***er, it's a free market. All AMZ is doing is limiting your ability to sell.

Lawfully they can reclaim the gross income....... it can hurt if base costs are high....

There was a big market during the last solar eclipse where sellers were marketing eclipse glasses that weren't up to code (lenses weren't properly filtered) and sellers had to refund total cost + non-return.

You'll be passed the point of no return if you phake docs to sell. If the product could 'harm' the end-user you should be reluctant, if not, have to weigh in if the cost of goods lost is worth the risk of profit.

nickopedia 01-22-2019 08:26 PM

As with any marketplace, YMMV. There are instances where even submitting docs will never restore a suspention because they simply don't like you selling anymore.

Amazon stealth is just a massive pain in the ass. With the face recognition coming down the pipe, it's about to get a whole lot harder. There is now software that can easily tell if any document submitted has been altered, photoshopped, or processed. Add to this that Amazon has been confirmed to phone suppliers and references. To sell in a whole swath of categories, they require "ungating approval", and this process in itself can be extremely expensive and time consuming.

I have a friend in Oregon who used to be an Amazon seller who told me they phoned him asking all kinds of questions about his business and his products. We are not simply talking about a simple interview, but a 20-30 minute interrogation much more intrusive than a job interview would be. This guy mostly sold outdoor decor products; figurines, dining sets, lawn care, lighting, etc.
Amazon was asking all sorts of questions about where the items come from, she wanted names, addresses, phone numbers, of suppliers, MPN/UPC's, reseller permits, tax info, and even wanted to know about the house/properly the items were being sold from! - The whole nine yards...

Amazon doesn't value your privacy. The whole of their site is like a giant survelliance state, they watch and monitor everything. No joke.
Why would everyone want to sell there other than being enticed by the traffic?

DocumentRequest 01-22-2019 10:29 PM

If you have to ask the question you probably know the answer. Illegal no, but is the risk worth the reward? That's up to you.

thepianoman 01-22-2019 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Demon (Post 973192)
If they have software that can easily tell if a document is A, B, and C, I suggest you print it out and rescan it. No software in the world is going to be able to tell regarding a scanned pdf.

. Coinbase and bitcoin exchangers want selfies with id's which is already f'n intrusive. It's getting insane this digital and advanced technological world we live in. I want things to go back to the way they were in 2008

auga 01-23-2019 03:02 AM

I too think amazon will not be worthed in the future with all this restrictions they have. Yes sales are good but if your account is being investigated or suspended every few months that's too much. I constantly live in fear of suspension which is driving me nuts and I am sure this is the case for the most sellers on the platform too no matter how big or small they are.

degsey69 01-23-2019 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thepianoman (Post 973208)
. Coinbase and bitcoin exchangers want selfies with id's which is already f'n intrusive. It's getting insane this digital and advanced technological world we live in. I want things to go back to the way they were in 2008

Although this is off topic, Coinbase is required to verify your ID as any bank is supposed to. They will also send you a 1099K if your withdrawals go over $20,000. If you do not want to be ask for ID open a coin exchange account with an off shore country coin exchange, I would also suggest that you sell your cyrpto currency through them if you do not want a 1099K.

johnwick1 01-23-2019 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by degsey69 (Post 973316)
Although this is off topic, Coinbase is required to verify your ID as any bank is supposed to. They will also send you a 1099K if your withdrawals go over $20,000. If you do not want to be ask for ID open a coin exchange account with an off shore country coin exchange, I would also suggest that you sell your cyrpto currency through them if you do not want a 1099K.

How would you cashout with fiat if you opened with an off shore coin exchange though? Which one do you recommend?

thepianoman 01-23-2019 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by degsey69 (Post 973316)

ya they are like a bank i can see that

amazonveteran 01-27-2019 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stealth1738 (Post 972953)
If you believe the lies you tell them then yes as it's not really a lie then.

Well said, just well said.