eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   does it help if the new seller account is attached to an aged buyer accout (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/123559-does-help-if-new-seller-account-attached-aged-buyer-accout.html)

GreenBottom18 01-28-2019 12:50 PM

does it help if the new seller account is attached to an aged buyer accout

anyone know if it makes any difference if someone were to add a seller central acct to their existing, prime subscribed buying accout, rather than sign up cold for a brand new, standalone seller central acct? does this dock on amazons radar at all? obviously the acct owner has never sold on amazon, and doesnt intend to

Beautiful 01-28-2019 01:58 PM

Re: does it help if the new seller account is attached to an aged buyer accout

Think about it

A sophisticated machine like Amazon, may have preference for a registration from a seasoned buyer account

Previous history = lower risk = always a good sign

Joe_Joe 01-28-2019 08:32 PM

Just be careful if you're using your buyer account to set up Seller Central. If your buyer account gets locked for any reason, your seller access will be locked too.

GreenBottom18 01-28-2019 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe_Joe (Post 974726)
Just be careful if you're using your buyer account to set up Seller Central. If your buyer account gets locked for any reason, your seller access will be locked too.

amazon locks buyer accounts? for what?

my ban from selling didnt negatively affect my buyer account in any noticable way, other than maybe more strict enforcement on non returnable items

rsot 01-29-2019 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinsoldier (Post 974798)
What am I missing? Why apply for a seller account if you dont intend to use it?

Poster was hinting at a different technique to get seller status...possibly with a stronger "base" for the account

SaiJin 01-29-2019 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBottom18 (Post 974603)
anyone know if it makes any difference if someone were to add a seller central acct to their existing, prime subscribed buying accout, rather than sign up cold for a brand new, standalone seller central acct? does this dock on amazons radar at all? obviously the acct owner has never sold on amazon, and doesnt intend to

I'm going to agree with Beautiful.

If you have a long history with your buyer account then use this account to sell also, it's lower risk in Amazon's eyes.

But you still need to tread carefully. Amazon right now is even tougher.

amazonveteran 01-29-2019 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaiJin (Post 974854)

If you have a long history with your buyer account then use this account to sell also, it's lower risk in Amazon's eyes.

Does anyone have proof of this? I don't believe there is really any connection to say that you are a trustworthy seller if you are buyer. I can tell you that your amazon history for buying won't get you any points if you need assistance with suspension, feedback or claims.

Beautiful 01-29-2019 01:59 PM

You won't find proof but you can try it yourself, create a few stores using older buyer accounts, and create a few new pro registered sellers.

See the difference for yourself!

GreenBottom18 02-05-2019 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinsoldier (Post 974852)
I'm still missing something....they said they dont want to use the aged account for selling.

Are they saying the owner would be opening a seller account for a third party, say OP, to use?

i said the owner of the existing amazon shopping account does not intend to sell on amazon. i also said im not the owner of the acct.

GreenBottom18 02-05-2019 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaiJin (Post 974854)

thank you. do you happen to recall of they've always increased suspensions and preventions/security before and after the holiday season in past years? i get that sense that it's, at the very least, shockingly more aggressive than it has been in past years... but I'm new to this side of the platform, so I'm still not certain if there has been "past years" of temporarily heightened stealth seller security

Beautiful 02-05-2019 03:49 PM

With seasons of increased selling, brings increased scammers

Increasing security around times of increased scammers seems logical to me

GreenBottom18 02-06-2019 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beautiful (Post 976443)
With seasons of increased selling, brings increased scammers

Increasing security around times of increased scammers seems logical to me

so theoretically, youre implying there is a likelyhood that the fence may be lowered slightly, and some of the security focus may be shifted, come like.. march.. april?

goodgame 02-06-2019 05:01 AM

Always better linked to aged things.

xrpgod 02-07-2019 06:10 PM

I've had my buyer account blocked before which then suspended my Seller account. Worst feeling in the world bc my balance was full $6k. Wasn't sure if I would get it within 180 days or ever. So yeah.. I would use a whole different account altogether.

[The reason they blocked it had to do with me getting refunds too often bc my complex is hard to navigate through. The drivers give up and leave the **** anywhere.]

rsot 02-07-2019 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xrpgod (Post 977137)
I've had my buyer account blocked before which then suspended my Seller account. Worst feeling in the world bc my balance was full $6k. Wasn't sure if I would get it within 180 days or ever. So yeah.. I would use a whole different account altogether.

[The reason they blocked it had to do with me getting refunds too often bc my complex is hard to navigate through. The drivers give up and leave the **** anywhere.]

Sad to hear about this though but insightful.

Beautiful 02-08-2019 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBottom18 (Post 976542)
so theoretically, youre implying there is a likelyhood that the fence may be lowered slightly, and some of the security focus may be shifted, come like.. march.. april?

Theoretically it seems plausible :spy: