eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   Germany Tax Certificate services (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/123589-germany-tax-certificate-services.html)

mshukri 01-29-2019 08:08 AM

Germany Tax Certificate services

hi,
now im selling at amazon.de. start march 1,2019 AZ request germany tax certificate. im live outside EU. germany tax dept request a local address for tax certificate . any reliable mailbox/forwarding services or other services to get the certificate?

mhhbizz 02-01-2019 05:40 AM

Re: Germany Tax Certificate services

interested to know this as well. can anybody link the requirement for tax registration and vat registration in germany?

walkingupwards 02-02-2019 03:00 PM

It's not that simple. To get a VAT certificate you need to have a VAT number. To get a VAT number from the German tax authority, you need more than an address in Germany.

They have introduced this new law to combat VAT evasion being mainly committed by Chinese vendors on Amazon and eBay.

I guess getting creative might resolve the issue temporarily (supposing there is no mechanism in place to double check the info you provide).

mhhbizz 02-03-2019 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingupwards (Post 975741)
It's not that simple. To get a VAT certificate you need to have a VAT number. To get a VAT number from the German tax authority, you need more than an address in Germany.

They have introduced this new law to combat VAT evasion being mainly committed by Chinese vendors on Amazon and eBay.

I guess getting creative might resolve the issue temporarily (supposing there is no mechanism in place to double check the info you provide).

You from german and have documents to get creative? Willing to get your service if you offer any!

walkingupwards 02-04-2019 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhhbizz (Post 976019)
You from german and have documents to get creative? Willing to get your service if you offer any!

I don't offer such a thing :lol: Read my comment once again, getting creative with this particular requirement for the German version of Amazon and eBay won't do the trick. I strongly believe the info will be double checked by German authorities. There is an empire of bureaucracy over here and the are known for hardcore auditing.

backamblock 03-16-2019 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mshukri (Post 974802)
hi,
now im selling at amazon.de. start march 1,2019 AZ request germany tax certificate. im live outside EU. germany tax dept request a local address for tax certificate . any reliable mailbox/forwarding services or other services to get the certificate?

There was a youtube link in some other thread earlier.. search for amazon germany f22 legal way around
Or something between those lines. I think mm78 posted it, sry if I'm remembering wrong
It is a video with a guy in his 30s, dark hair, kinda skinny, with left screen half covered by a bue PowerPoint

He explains how to get around it exactly
You should be able to find it hopefully :D

walkingupwards 03-16-2019 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by backamblock (Post 986381)
There was a youtube link in some other thread earlier.. search for amazon germany f22 legal way around
Or something between those lines. I think mm78 posted it, sry if I'm remembering wrong
It is a video with a guy in his 30s, dark hair, kinda skinny, with left screen half covered by a bue PowerPoint

He explains how to get around it exactly
You should be able to find it hopefully :D

I think I saw that video already and I don't think it will work. eBay said in their e-mail that they are required by law to verify each and every document they get from sellers.

There was a big seller on eBay selling computer parts, the company was registered in Asia and the guy has been selling for the last 10 years (5000+ feedbacks/month) without being interrupted. I tried to buy something, but once I wanted to check out, I got a message saying the following:

"The check-out process couldn't be completed due to tax reasons, please contact our customer service for further support"

The guy got booted and all of his listings were removed. I think the Finanzamt (German IRS) got directly involved in this and probably his EU bank account is already frozen.

There is a ton of complaints from all kinds of German businesses about VAT evasion by foreign sellers and Germany finally decided to crack down on this.