Stealth account and taxes - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 40%
Default Stealth account and taxes

Hello all!

Looking to get back on Amazon after being banned 8 years ago. After looking thru the forums I believe my two best methods would either to purchase a stealth account, or set up a partnership business and use the business EIN and partners address for any info Amazon needs.

The only thing holding back from the stealth route is not understanding how you pay your taxes. Also the fact that I want this to be a long standing legit business that hopefully will never deal with another amazon suspension.

Thanks in advanced!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-24-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Stealth account and taxes

Best of luck as you find the answers - posts will come and other threads also discuss this
Old 02-24-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Demon View Post
Always pay your taxes, it's not that hard, especially on a stealth account. You add your EIN, you're responsible for the taxes reported on that EIN. Simple.
The EIN and LLC route OP
Old 02-24-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Demon View Post
Always pay your taxes, it's not that hard, especially on a stealth account. You add your EIN, you're responsible for the taxes reported on that EIN. Simple.

With a stealth account with all false information, even with me paying which I 100% plan to do. Wouldn't the IRS or any government official have problems with everything set up as false names addresses so on?

Sorry if this is an obvious answer I've just been scrolling through here the last few days and couldn't seem to find the answers I needed in other posts.
Old 02-24-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCStank View Post
With a stealth account with all false information, even with me paying which I 100% plan to do. Wouldn't the IRS or any government official have problems with everything set up as false names addresses so on?

Sorry if this is an obvious answer I've just been scrolling through here the last few days and couldn't seem to find the answers I needed in other posts.
LLC and EIN is not false anything......It is your new company.
Old 02-24-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
LLC and EIN is not false anything......It is your new company.
I apologize, I meant if I were to buy a stealth account and purchase one from a seller here how do I pay taxes on that. If I do a single LLC ill eventually be linked to it since I'm the only memeber. If i do a partner ship I believe that would work by filling all the Amazon questions with my partners info or the company info but that would entail me getting a family member involved which I'd rather not if possible.
Old 02-24-2019
Executive [VIP]

simply change the business information to your new LLC, CORP, WHATEVER... If you dont know how to so this, discuss it with your account seller firstly. They most likely can make an account in your new company from the start and save you all the hassles.

Last edited by yankee; 02-24-2019 at 01:47 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
RCStank (02-24-2019)
Old 02-24-2019

Longevity: 31%

Ignas (member name from this group) is currently making me a stealth account. I've asked for specific details (like having the identity of the account holder be based in my state). Makes things a bit easier. I highly recommend Ignas for getting you an Amazon account. He's quick to answer questions ,etc. I have your same questions about getting the taxes straightened out , in my opinion, that's the most complicated part of this whole thing!
The Following User Says Thank You to tarajean30 For This Useful Post:
IGNAS (02-25-2019)
Old 02-24-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
simply change the business information to your new LLC, CORP, WHATEVER... If you dont know how to so this, discuss it with your account seller firstly. They most likely can make an account in your new company from the start and save you all the hassles.
Thank you very much this is exactly what I needed to hear. One last question I hope you dont mind. I recently created an single member LLC and eventually got linked due to linking the same bank account with my name on it.

If I create another authentic EIN and LLC how do I sent it up where they cant trace that to me?
Old 02-24-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarajean30 View Post
Ignas (member name from this group) is currently making me a stealth account. I've asked for specific details (like having the identity of the account holder be based in my state). Makes things a bit easier. I highly recommend Ignas for getting you an Amazon account. He's quick to answer questions ,etc. I have your same questions about getting the taxes straightened out , in my opinion, that's the most complicated part of this whole thing!
Thanks so much for your input. Was Ignas able to give you clear information on how to set up the tax issue? I want to make an authentic business but I dont want them to trace my EIN or LLC back to me.

I've heard once you start selling a lot of products they may ask to see your articles of incorporation and I dont want them to see my name or at least not only my name.
Old 02-24-2019

Longevity: 31%

What I've been told is that you form an LLC under the name on the Amazon account and then pay taxes on the profit that's made. Supposedly the government doesn't care about names on the paperwork ...they just want their money. So, when you apply for the LLC and EIN just use the identity details from the Amazon account. Your name shouldn't be anywhere.
The Following User Says Thank You to tarajean30 For This Useful Post:
RCStank (02-24-2019)
Old 02-25-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
What I've been told is that you form an LLC under the name on the Amazon account and then pay taxes on the profit that's made. Supposedly the government doesn't care about names on the paperwork ...they just want their money. So, when you apply for the LLC and EIN just use the identity details from the Amazon account. Your name shouldn't be anywhere.
That is impossible.....and terrible advice.
Old 02-26-2019

Longevity: 29%

Quote:
your name is on the W9 form when amazon asks you to put it during tax interview part of the registration
Old 02-26-2019

Thanked 1,098 Times in 1,034 Posts
Activity: 88%
Longevity: 33%

for indIviduals ,1099 is sent if you have at least 200 transactions AND $20k .
iF you browse this site,someone always suggest the stealth account is only good up to 200 transactions?
but what about the $20k
Old 02-27-2019

Longevity: 35%

Get legal.

Register an LLC, get an EIN and input that info under the Tax Interview Section.

Make sure you do this only AFTER your ghost account is running.

Fofo info from before it will remain as old or updated. Pay your taxes as if your account was not stealth.

I advise you to hire a tax attorney to help you with the process and hire a CPA to do your taxes.

Regards.
The Following User Says Thank You to k3guaposoy For This Useful Post:
RCStank (03-02-2019)
Old 03-02-2019

When taking the tax interview if you select you are a single member LLC, it asks for "Name (as shown on your income tax return)" & Business Name is Optional. What is the secret to getting through this step. I have a new single member LLC and new EIN.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhoAmINow For This Useful Post:
Canadianleaf (03-02-2019), RCStank (03-02-2019)
Old 03-02-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoAmINow View Post
When taking the tax interview if you select you are a single member LLC, it asks for "Name (as shown on your income tax return)" & Business Name is Optional. What is the secret to getting through this step. I have a new single member LLC and new EIN.
I was thinking the same thing the other day the two thoughts I came up with are either do a partnership and put the other person's name or hide your name on the LLC by putting a register agent on it instead of yours. And then put an alteration on the name. For example if your name is Thomas brown you can put it as Tom Brown or use a middle name instead of Tom. Hopefully someone with more experience can come clean up any mistake I may have said.
Old 03-14-2019

Longevity: 34%

Quote:
There are ways to do it without your name to be showing in case Amazon asks for Business license to verify. You can use any name to form a LLC or CORP but a better option is to ask your accountant or your lawyer do it for you so you can have them to authorize you to open your business bank account to avoid any trouble later on. Another option is to open your business with a register agent so your name won't show on the filling receipt either.

We all need to think at least 3 steps ahead...
Old 03-14-2019

Longevity: 34%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCStank View Post
I was thinking the same thing the other day the two thoughts I came up with are either do a partnership and put the other person's name or hide your name on the LLC by putting a register agent on it instead of yours. And then put an alteration on the name. For example if your name is Thomas brown you can put it as Tom Brown or use a middle name instead of Tom. Hopefully someone with more experience can come clean up any mistake I may have said.
I had once that Amazon asked a letter of authorization which the person I put in charge of the account worked for us. That was a CORPORATION though.
Old 03-14-2019

OP is saying AMZN wants the name of the income tax return of a single LLC,he said he does not want a partnership LLC.
Old 03-14-2019

There are other sites to sell,I just have my Sears account activated,it is geared more to selling manufactured goods ,not collectibles.
Old 03-25-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmckim View Post
There are ways to do it without your name to be showing in case Amazon asks for Business license to verify. You can use any name to form a LLC or CORP but a better option is to ask your accountant or your lawyer do it for you so you can have them to authorize you to open your business bank account to avoid any trouble later on. Another option is to open your business with a register agent so your name won't show on the filling receipt either.

We all need to think at least 3 steps ahead...
What do you send in when they ask for an ID
Closed Thread