eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   Will amazon ask for any personal verification if registering with a LLC (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/126320-will-amazon-ask-any-personal-verification-if-registering-llc.html)

Mattmsk001 05-17-2019 11:32 PM

Will amazon ask for any personal verification if registering with a LLC

I want to get an LLC to set up my Stealth account. I am a banned user so cannot use any identification that relates to myself. If I use the LLC/EIN route will i be asked to provide any sort of verification such as a license, utilities etc..

Fez89 05-18-2019 04:30 AM

Re: Will amazon ask for any personal verification if registering with a LLC

following.

venom 05-18-2019 04:34 PM

bump - following

Mattmsk001 05-20-2019 02:54 PM

I feel like a concrete answer to this would be very helpful, if any one knows.

venom 05-20-2019 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mattmsk001 (Post 1004252)
I feel like a concrete answer to this would be very helpful, if any one knows.

Agreed, still waiting for an answer before I setup my LLC. Btw, please check PMs man.

garry9061 05-20-2019 03:13 PM

Yes they will ask you for documentation. You have a few options.

Use an alternative version of your ID, if Passport is banned, use drivers license.
or
Find an accountant who can set up the company for you and ask them if they offer directorship services, the cost of this is significant however its worth it imo. You will then be able to use the new directors name as the name on the Amazon account.

venom 05-20-2019 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garry9061 (Post 1004258)

Use an alternative version of your ID, if Passport is banned, use drivers license.
or
Find an accountant who can set up the company for you and ask them if they offer directorship services, the cost of this is significant however its worth it imo. You will then be able to use the new directors name as the name on the Amazon account.

When you say "use alternative version of your ID", won't they just see my name, DOB, etc and just link it to my old, banned account?

ralphrox 05-20-2019 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garry9061 (Post 1004258)

or

Would you be able to also use the director's ID?
What is that ID was used for other accounts?

Canadianleaf 05-20-2019 10:34 PM

Any new accounts absolutely require:

1) ID (DL or passport)
2) Bank statment / utility bill
3) ID # and DOB

You cant reuse your ID or DOB if they already have your name + DOB.

What you need to do is create an account under a different name / ID then change the legal entity to an LLC once the account is approved. From speaking with others who have done this changing the legal entity from sole-prop to an LLC does not trigger additional ID requests, although this may have changed. Maybe someone can confirm?

Also interested in this.

venom 05-20-2019 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadianleaf (Post 1004341)
Any new accounts absolutely require:

1) ID (DL or passport)
2) Bank statment / utility bill
3) ID # and DOB

You cant reuse your ID or DOB if they already have your name + DOB.

What you need to do is create an account under a different name / ID then change the legal entity to an LLC once the account is approved. From speaking with others who have done this changing the legal entity from sole-prop to an LLC does not trigger additional ID requests, although this may have changed. Maybe someone can confirm?

Also interested in this.

1) Is there a document I can submit to replace the ID? Perhaps a business document?
2) Bank statement - should be fine if setting up an business bank account for the LLC
3) same as 1)?

Canadianleaf 05-20-2019 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by venom (Post 1004343)
1) Is there a document I can submit to replace the ID? Perhaps a business document?
2) Bank statement - should be fine if setting up an business bank account for the LLC
3) same as 1)?

1) From my understanding, no. All accounts require the personal identity of the person creating or running the account. I do not see ways around this. If I am wrong someone correct me.
3) No. DOB and the ID # is required. A few years ago they never asked for the DOB or ID #. Since they now ask this means they can more easily link you. Say you reuse your name on a new account, not 100% linkable. But now if they have your name and same DOB this provide more linkability.

Zippie 05-25-2019 04:15 AM

All professional accounts require the ID from someone.

Can't you use a family member?

IGNAS 05-26-2019 12:13 PM

Every new account on amazon requires a Point of Contact verification - so a person's ID, driver's license or passport.
As some people suggested you can try using an ID document you haven't used on amazon before.
That might work.