Incorrect legal entity - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 06-03-2019

Activity: 15%
Longevity: 65%
Default Incorrect legal entity

It looks like Amazon are chasing up individual registered accounts today.

I have just had 4 stealth accounts get the following email within minutes of each other...

Dear Seller,

We think you selected the incorrect legal entity when you registered for a Selling on Amazon payment account.

You are currently registered as an 'Individual' seller, but your selling activity fits the criteria for a business / UK sole proprietor. We have explained the different legal entities below.

To update your legal entity, follow the instructions below:
-- Go to the “Account Info” page in the “Settings” section of Seller Central (https:/sellercentral-europe.amazon.com/gp/configuration/index.html).
-- Click “Edit” in the “Business and Contact Information” section and select the correct legal entity.
-- Confirm the business details and click “Submit”.

Use the following information to select the correct legal entity:
-- Individual: you must only choose this legal entity if you do not sell for profit. Individual sellers may list unwanted personal items, such as old DVDs or books.
-- UK Sole Proprietor: this legal entity is for any commercial individual who sells for profit. A Sole Proprietorship is registered with Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC). There is no legal distinction between the owner and the business.
-- Business or Partnership: this legal entity includes Sole Proprietors registered in countries outside the UK. It also includes Charities, Partnerships, Private Limited Companies, and Public Companies.

If you think your selling activity fits the ‘Individual’ legal entity, please reply to this email to confirm the source of your inventory over the last 12 months.

What happens if I do not send the requested information?
If we do not receive the requested information within 28 days, you will not be allowed to sell on Amazon’s European marketplaces.

I have sold multiple items of the same ASIN so i'm assuming there is no point claiming i'm an individual and provide some creative inventory source?

If i change my legal entity to sole trader is that an instant suspension pending documents?
Which documents will i need? I've failed this before on the utr number i believe?

Last edited by chris100; 06-03-2019 at 05:04 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-03-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 31%
Default Re: Incorrect legal entity

Same here, Italy account
Old 06-03-2019

What age do accounts have? Did you sell much?
Old 06-03-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmaLOCK View Post
What age do accounts have? Did you sell much?
Yes, been selling quite a lot recently so i think i these requests are long overdue.

My oldest account was set up around nov 2017. The newest one in sept 2018.

Obviously it's not a case of hitting a earnings limit (15k?) when all 4 accounts get entity requests at the same time.
I suspected my stealth accounts had been linked but it seems a lot of people are getting these emails right now.
Old 06-03-2019

I also received this mail and it seems that there is no solution for stealth accounts.

It's a new Amazon verification method?
Old 06-03-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmaLOCK View Post
I also received this mail and it seems that there is no solution for stealth accounts.

It's a new Amazon verification method?
No, you'd normally get these as you got closer to maximum earnings of 15k.

For some reason Amazon seems to have been forgetful and is now sending these requests out all at once.

I had this email on an old stealth account (now closed) back in early 2016

We have reviewed your account and determined that your selling activity on Amazon does not fit our criteria for the ‘Individual’ seller category.

We classify an individual seller as one is not planning to use Amazon in the context of a commercial or a professional activity, but only to get rid of items in their homes that they no longer want or need, for example old DVDs or books.

Unfortunately we have no choice but to suspend activity on your account until the account can be verified fully. As soon as we've verified that you've made the changes we're requesting, we'll be happy to reinstate your account with immediate effect.

To continue with your account verification, please update your legal entity by following the instructions below.
-- Go to the Account Info page in the Settings section of Seller Central (https:/sellercentral-europe.amazon.com/configuration/html)
-- Click Edit in the Business and Contact Information section and select the relevant legal entity.
-- Confirm the business details and click Submit.

I failed with my tax documents...but it can be done. Many stealth accounts are set up as 'sole trader' with documents required at an early stage.

I too have to wonder whether it's best to stop selling and take the weekly disbursements to get the balance down? A suspension could follow any change in legal entity.

Last edited by chris100; 06-03-2019 at 05:05 PM.
Old 06-03-2019

I have a friend who has had an individual account for 2 years and have never requested business details. It has exceeded 80k.

On my ghost account I just passed 15k.

I advise you to cash everything otherwise they will suspend blocking the funds for 90 days.

Do you think there is any way to bypass this request? Do you have all your accounts on one PC?
Old 06-03-2019
Threadstarter  

No, i use multiple PC's and vmware.

You can never bypass a request...just be 'creative' and give them the documents they ask for.
It may be a good time to start new stealth accounts whilst counting down the 28 days.
Old 06-04-2019

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris100 View Post
It looks like Amazon are chasing up individual registered accounts today.

I have just had 4 stealth accounts get the following email within minutes of each other...

Dear Seller,

We think you selected the incorrect legal entity when you registered for a Selling on Amazon payment account.

You are currently registered as an 'Individual' seller, but your selling activity fits the criteria for a business / UK sole proprietor. We have explained the different legal entities below.

To update your legal entity, follow the instructions below:
-- Go to the “Account Info” page in the “Settings” section of Seller Central (https:/sellercentral-europe.amazon.com/gp/configuration/index.html).
-- Click “Edit” in the “Business and Contact Information” section and select the correct legal entity.
-- Confirm the business details and click “Submit”.

Use the following information to select the correct legal entity:
-- Individual: you must only choose this legal entity if you do not sell for profit. Individual sellers may list unwanted personal items, such as old DVDs or books.
-- UK Sole Proprietor: this legal entity is for any commercial individual who sells for profit. A Sole Proprietorship is registered with Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC). There is no legal distinction between the owner and the business.
-- Business or Partnership: this legal entity includes Sole Proprietors registered in countries outside the UK. It also includes Charities, Partnerships, Private Limited Companies, and Public Companies.

If you think your selling activity fits the ‘Individual’ legal entity, please reply to this email to confirm the source of your inventory over the last 12 months.

What happens if I do not send the requested information?
If we do not receive the requested information within 28 days, you will not be allowed to sell on Amazon’s European marketplaces.

I have sold multiple items of the same ASIN so i'm assuming there is no point claiming i'm an individual and provide some creative inventory source?

If i change my legal entity to sole trader is that an instant suspension pending documents?
Which documents will i need? I've failed this before on the utr number i believe?
I just went through this as well. Solved the issue by registering a private company (pretty easy and cheap to do online). I then changed amazon details from individual to the new company details, uploaded company registration documents and had temporary suspension lifted within a couple of days.

My account was not stealth though and was with my own real details, but shouldnt be too diffucult to do with a stealth account using same method (in South Africa it'spretty easy to register a company even with ⊗⊗⊗⊗ details, not sure how easy it is on your side though)
Old 06-04-2019

With real account is very easy.
With stealth account.....impossible I think
Old 06-21-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris100 View Post
I

How do you pass utility? Are you creating accounts for your neighbors?

What about bank statements?
Old 06-21-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmena08 View Post
How do you pass utility? Are you creating accounts for your neighbors?

What about bank statements?
Creative documents. Check 'Amazon Ghost'.
Old 06-26-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
Your friend is lying to you, there is an automatic legal trigger at 15K euros which cannot be bypassed.

There is absolutely no exceptions made, once you hit 15K you must register as a business. There are the occasional legitimate private seller on the main forums who have challenged them and Amazon simple will not change their decision - they're in enough trouble with the tax authorities in Europe as it is so take the line of least resistance.

If you decide to open your stealth accounts as individuals you have two options. Prepare to be asked to supply some kind of business info or see the account as disposable.

In the near future I reckon the 15K threshold will be reduced to a much smaller number in line with paypals approach and the algorithms will be updated to seek out private individuals selling exclusively new goods who are clearly businesses.

Face it, it's never going to get easier, only harder. I'll wager that within a couple of years this forum will be saying the only way to sell new goods on Amazon is via business accounts only - fully verification required at outset. It's coming.......

Is there currently a way to stay active with a ghost account by switching to a business profile? Is it mandatory to enter the VAT number?
Old 06-26-2019

Quote:
Individual, sole trader out Limited Company you will be asked to supply your VAT number.
and can i be creative?
Or Real One is needed?
Old 06-26-2019

LegalZoom or other?
Old 06-26-2019

Quote:
It must be real, Amazon WILL check it.

A false one is a very serious crime, tread carefully.
do you advise me to close and open a new one?

in case I can use the same notebook PC without formatting by opening a new user account locally?
Old 06-26-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
It must be real, Amazon WILL check it.

A false one is a very serious crime, tread carefully.
A sole trader creative UTR is a big issue ...or the limited company vat get around?