eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   "Authorized seller" to circumvent one account policy?! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/128559-authorized-seller-circumvent-one-account-policy.html)

walkingupwards 08-05-2019 05:19 PM

"Authorized seller" to circumvent one account policy?!

I have noticed a very strange phenomena lately on Amazon. New seller accounts are popping up with the following phrase "Authorized" embedded in their store-ID. For example:

My store is "Walkingupwards"

A new seller account is created on Amazon and it reads as: "Authorized-Walkingupwards"

I have seen many sellers doing this and both accounts are selling exactly the same stuff (same photos, titles, product line...etc). The "Authorized" store is literally an exact replica of the original store with no difference at all, yet both accounts are racking up thousands in monthly feedback points :deadhorse:

Do you think Amazon is even aware of this? It's really f**ked up for a dozen people to get 50% of the traffic on a major platform such as Amazon, don't you think?

I saw a guy on Grant Cardone show the other day who was doing dropshipping and he said he was going to open 250 new accounts on Amazon for dropshipping with completely new identities of 250 people. From what he said, I understood that he will be "the boss" running all these accounts, but these people will be getting a cut for giving their legal identity...etc

What do you think?

SaiJin 08-05-2019 05:22 PM

Re: "Authorized seller" to circumvent one account policy?!

You mean 1 person making 2 seller accounts basically?

Isn't that what we do with stealth?

walkingupwards 08-05-2019 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaiJin (Post 1024252)
You mean 1 person making 2 seller accounts basically?

Isn't that what we do with stealth?

This "authorized" thing seems a bit different. Here is how I guess it works:

You find someone who will register an Amazon account with their own credentials and then you give them permission to sell your merchandise (Brand). After they get that permission, they copycat your Amazon store. When Amazon suspends the new account for invoices...etc, they show the permission they got from you and everything will be o.k.

It is crazy how this scam hasn't caught the attention of Amazon yet!!!

This is beyond stealth in terms of the weight you could move on these "authorized" accounts. This is basically a way to conquer a category at Amazon and shoot your competition dead.

I don't want to name store names for obvious reasons, but a company I found about doing this "authorized" thing has literally doubled its sales (which are worth hundreds of thousands of $$$ a month). The reason the sales were doubled is because the two accounts being used by the same company are treated as two different accounts by Amazon.

I don't know how long will this fly with Amazon, but I am dead sure it will catch attention very soon because everyone will be doing it.

I saw a guy on YouTube the other day talking about managing 240 Amazon stores and is in the process of opening 60+ new stores :cheer: (All for dropshipping)

garry9061 08-06-2019 06:28 AM

Its a very similar idea as when stores popped up as 'Amazon Used Warehouse' rather than 'Amazon Warehouse' its just a method of tricking the customer.

josh 08-06-2019 06:45 AM

almost like a phishing site, but with an Amazon account.

be vigilant

rsot 08-06-2019 07:53 AM

Pretty witty way of circumventing the system - innovative in spite of the trickery

walkingupwards 08-06-2019 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 1024407)
Pretty witty way of circumventing the system - innovative in spite of the trickery

True, buy copycatting the exact same store on the 2nd account is beyond stupid. I will wait and see how long this nonsense will keep on going :deadhorse:

LimitedbyEbay 08-06-2019 04:03 PM

Method sounds juicy. Can't wait to learn all I can learn here.

walkingupwards 08-06-2019 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LimitedbyEbay (Post 1024476)
Method sounds juicy. Can't wait to learn all I can learn here.

Go look for Amazon sellers and then look for their "Authorized" 2nd account :welcome;