eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   Paying Sales Taxes for US Stealth Account (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/130416-paying-sales-taxes-us-stealth-account.html)

crazyjere 10-09-2019 12:28 AM

Paying Sales Taxes for US Stealth Account

I have an Amazon stealth seller account created under a US person's identity. I am not allowed to swap out any of the original account holder's details so I am wondering how do you guys pay state sales tax for the sales made?

I am not based in the US so I can't register for an LLC to associate with the account.

I have US state accounts to file taxes with but how can I link them to stealth accounts? I dont wanna run into potential tax evasions with this, any help is appreciated!

agent006140 10-09-2019 12:43 PM

Re: Paying Sales Taxes for US Stealth Account

when you said you have US state accounts,do you mean you have filed with those states that you are retailing and will collect sales tax and use tax?
which states are they?
It really does not matter what name you use as long as you remit sales tax you collected to the appropriate state.
if you are audited,I DONT know how they will audit you since you are not in the country,the state auditor will ask to see your sales ledger and bank statements for multiple years.
Your sales ledger should show the buyer state and payment,if he is in your state,you should have collected and remited the sales tax,if not,then you pay for him.
He will also examine your bank statements,assuming all the entries are sales related,if you cannot account for the source of incoming payments he would assume you have sold something and it is a cash sale and it must be to someone in the state.
unless you prove otherwise.
The state audit procedure and mentality goes back to the days when most retail sales take place in a brick and mortar store,customer walks in,buy something,you charge sales tax,he walked out with the merchandise,you remit the sales tax.
As for use tax,if whoever you bought it from to use for your business and he did not collect sales tax,then you pay .

Beautiful 10-09-2019 03:56 PM

If you're selling on a US shop you'll want to pay taxes, adding your own LLC or google how to get LLC as a foreigner.

There are solutions if you google your question

agent006140 10-09-2019 04:21 PM

Op said-
have an Amazon Stealth seller account created under a US person's identity. I am not allowed to swap out any of the original account holder's details so I am wondering how do you guys pay state sales tax for the sales made?
----------------
the problem comes with the SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER,does the stealth account has the original oWNr SSN?
If so,do you know the person,is he dead or alive,retired or working>

agent006140 10-09-2019 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beautiful (Post 1040063)
If you're selling on a US shop you'll want to pay taxes, adding your own LLC or google how to get LLC as a foreigner.

There are solutions if you google your question

he said he cannot change the information in the stealth account,so with sales tax,he has to collect sales tax and remit such to the state where the stealth account owner resides.
if he sells 200 transactions and $20k,then the 1099 K will go to IRS and the amount he made from sales wil be added to that person and he will end up under reporting his income.

crazyjere 10-10-2019 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 1040078)
Op said-
have an Amazon Stealth seller account created under a US person's identity. I am not allowed to swap out any of the original account holder's details so I am wondering how do you guys pay state sales tax for the sales made?
----------------
the problem comes with the SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER,does the stealth account has the original oWNr SSN?
If so,do you know the person,is he dead or alive,retired or working>

Unfortunately I don't know his status, however yes it is created in the person's SSN.

crazyjere 10-10-2019 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 1040080)
he said he cannot change the information in the stealth account,so with sales tax,he has to collect sales tax and remit such to the state where the stealth account owner resides.
if he sells 200 transactions and $20k,then the 1099 K will go to IRS and the amount he made from sales wil be added to that person and he will end up under reporting his income.

Ok so meaning as long as I haven't swapped out the account holder's identity then all sales would be accredited to that person and be liable to pay for all the owed sales taxes?

agent006140 10-10-2019 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyjere (Post 1040233)
ok so meaning as long as i haven't swapped out the account holder's identity then all sales would be accredited to that person and be liable to pay for all the owed sales taxes?

------------------
you should get a stealth account in your own country.

Newplayer401 10-11-2019 05:32 PM

What the Op stated sounds super Illegal.Right off the back a account created in a usa persons Identity.That whole statement could land you in prison,mods need to delete this post.

Canadianleaf 10-11-2019 06:44 PM

OP using someone elses SSN is stupid and illegal and not allowed here. Close the account and start a new account properly using legal means. IE: using an LLC or other legal entity.

agent006140 10-11-2019 07:34 PM

has the account reached 200 transactions and $20k,better ditch that account before it happens.