eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   Need help skipping the OTP (2Step Process) (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/130629-need-help-skipping-otp-2step-process.html)

kris3841 10-17-2019 06:50 AM

Need help skipping the OTP (2Step Process)

Recently a well seasoned account sent me a OTP for login authentication. This is an account I've logged into hundreds of times since I inputed my two-step verification phone number years ago. I always had it set to not ask for verification from this particular browser. So I'm in a pickle. My phone number has since expired and I have 4 orders that need to be marked shipped. Amazon won't let me log in. So I was wondering if anyone knows a work around to avoid getting a verification code sent to my invalid phone number?
My regular password and everything else is fine. Account in good standing. They recently did this on another account that thankfully I had the phone still activated.
I was thinking if I could mimic the cookie on my browser (I'm using Firefox) and basically tell Amazon the OTP suppression cookie is present and valid I could relieve myself of a LOT of gray hair. Please chime in with ideas... I'm at a loss. Thank you!

Flo_Rise 10-21-2019 08:21 PM

Re: Need help skipping the OTP (2Step Process)

Hey Have you solved this yet?
As I encountered this same issue and was able to fix it fairly quick.

Request a 2FA reset via the Amazon buyer side. (Takes some digging)

It will proceed to ask you for a Photocopy of your drivers license.
If you do not have the license associated with the account, Just ⊗⊗⊗⊗ one.

Sounds dumb yet it works.

futbolplayer 10-22-2019 01:40 PM

If you know the secret key, I have software that can generate the OTP code for you.

Beautiful 10-22-2019 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flo_Rise (Post 1043010)
Hey Have you solved this yet?
As I encountered this same issue and was able to fix it fairly quick.

Request a 2FA reset via the Amazon buyer side. (Takes some digging)

It will proceed to ask you for a Photocopy of your drivers license.
If you do not have the license associated with the account, Just ⊗⊗⊗⊗ one.

Sounds dumb yet it works.

This works if you have the original information that was used to verify the shop

But can be problematic if its an old shop and the information is no longer saved

Currently don't see a solution without having that original information other than constant password resetting to gain access without two step

My advice is to continue to password reset and give amazon some more time to see if they fix the two step issue as I'm sure 1000s of people are complaining

We do all our shops with authenticator now to avoid phone numbers getting lost/inactive