eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   LLC Tax interview now asking for Full name (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/136470-llc-tax-interview-now-asking-full-name.html)

Mattmsk001 05-23-2020 10:19 PM

LLC Tax interview now asking for Full name

So I know only a few months ago Amazon only asked for your EIN and did not require a name. Now it is requiring and a Name.

"Name (as shown on your income tax return)"

The account I currently have was made with a family members info and has been up and running for over a year now. My LLC would be registered to my actual name and information. If i put in my name into the Tax Form will Amazon detect me as a banned user?

Canadianleaf 05-24-2020 12:00 AM

Re: LLC Tax interview now asking for Full name

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mattmsk001 (Post 1095535)
So I know only a few months ago Amazon only asked for your EIN and did not require a name. Now it is requiring and a Name.

"Name (as shown on your income tax return)"

The account I currently have was made with a family members info and has been up and running for over a year now. My LLC would be registered to my actual name and information. If i put in my name into the Tax Form will Amazon detect me as a banned user?

You need to provide more concise, clear questions. Your account was made with a family members name. Now you are trying the change the legal entity to your LLC? Are you a SM-LLC, MM-LLC or S-Corp LLC?

Is the account currently a sole-prop as your family members name or is it a different legal entity?

Name alone is not a link. The tax interview does not require the name, only if its a SM-LLC if I remember correctly. Or is it with a SM-LLC it requires your SSN? I forget.

Kaelclax 05-25-2020 05:23 PM

im wondering the same thing with my store.

i bought a stealth and used my LLC Ein and it got closed down it was never used before.

can I used the same one as i opened an account in a family members name. can I used my llc and ein its a s corp-llc or do I need to get an ein and keep the numbers separate. the llc is only in my name as well

ibmcorp 05-30-2020 10:55 AM

Choose 'partnership' llc, and enter the business name and EIN. If you put single member llc, it will ask for your personal name... either way you will get a 1099 and be able to put it on your taxes. Anyone appointed by you can sign the w9, so you can have any name sign it, maybe the family member's name that the account is already in is ok.

iloveny 06-04-2020 05:05 PM

@ibmcorp can you validate this for sure? Not questioning you but just want to know based on facts what someone might experience as they go down this path.

@anyone have the flow of questions Amazon asks when creating/ changing from personal to business entity?

Also whats the chances of getting reverified at this stage - meaning going from personal to LLC/business entity - has anyone ever had to resubmit utility and any other verification docs>

Canadianleaf 06-04-2020 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iloveny (Post 1097875)
@ibmcorp can you validate this for sure? Not questioning you but just want to know based on facts what someone might experience as they go down this path.

@anyone have the flow of questions Amazon asks when creating/ changing from personal to business entity?

Also whats the chances of getting reverified at this stage - meaning going from personal to LLC/business entity - has anyone ever had to resubmit utility and any other verification docs>

Amazon did not reverify for me. All you do is the tax interview and put in your new info for the business entity.

Id suggest you email seller support / seller performance notifying them of the change.