Video Verification - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 12-10-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 46%
Default Video Verification

I have a Video Verification scheduled for this Monday, Besides showing them my ID, What questions do they ask
The Following User Says Thank You to FatWallet For This Useful Post:
Canadianleaf (12-12-2020)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-11-2020
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,547 Times in 2,200 Posts
Activity: 56%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Video Verification

Just personal info that's tied to the account and some times they ask what you're planning to sell and that's it.
Old 12-12-2020

Activity: 11%
Longevity: 40%

Fatwallet, take a screenshot or share the experience of what its like, if you can see the interview person, how the interaction goes, etc.

No idea how nosey they got and how to skirt certain stealth stuff like using a mailbox as business address and they scrutinize this or something
Old 12-12-2020
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 33%

They will ask you to hold up your ID/bank statement & very basic stuff like how are you doing

The reps are mostly working from home so you'll see them in their office/kitchen

I haven't seen them ask product specific questions, but I guess its a case by case basis.

The 5 or so I've seen lasted a couple minutes and were really easy
The Following User Says Thank You to Beautiful For This Useful Post:
Canadianleaf (12-12-2020)
Old 12-13-2020

Longevity: 21%

I never thought about selling on amazon but it seems like a fun to me and wanna try Amazon Stealth. :D hahaha
Old 12-16-2020

Longevity: 19%

What’s happening with the video? Thanks
Old 12-18-2020
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundofsilence View Post
I never thought about selling on amazon but it seems like a fun to me and wanna try Amazon Stealth. :D hahaha
Did you just say amazon is fun?
it's one of the most cutthroat places I'm working at and it's even more cutthroat nowadays.
The Following User Says Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
Canadianleaf (12-19-2020)
Old 12-19-2020

Longevity: 37%

Any updates? How did the interview go?
Old 12-19-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful View Post
They will ask you to hold up your ID/bank statement & very basic stuff like how are you doing

The reps are mostly working from home so you'll see them in their office/kitchen

I haven't seen them ask product specific questions, but I guess its a case by case basis.

The 5 or so I've seen lasted a couple minutes and were really easy
How does one get away with that? Do you like print out a copy of a creative ID?
Old 12-19-2020

Longevity: 21%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
Did you just say amazon is fun?
it's one of the most cutthroat places I'm working at and it's even more cutthroat nowadays.
Ohw no no! I just meant to say the AZ video verification procedure seems to be a fun to me. Never sold anything on AZ till now but wanna give it a try. :P

I'm selling on eb currently.
Old 12-21-2020

I've received a lot of help and info from this forum, so I want to share my experience I just had video-verifying an open (non-stealth) account for educational purposes.
I just got done with a video verification with Amazon.
I was expected to have a Gov't ID and a recent financial document confirming name & address.
My video feed was not working via Edge, so we had to try Firefox, IE, and then Chrome. None worked, so I had to download Amazon Chime and video conference with that. There is a 30 minute window for verification. If a seller can not be verified within the 30 minutes, the verification appointment is rescheduled, which adds about a week to the process.
My initial bank account verification I submitted was not sufficient as it was a screenshot of my Revolut account, which lacked name/addy. A screenshot "is not acceptable, and must be a picture taken of a physical bill/statement, or a PDF." I took a photo of a physical CC statement, emailed to myself, and then reuploaded/changed it in Amazon Seller Central.
I was then asked to hold up my ID close to the camera, with my face next to the ID. Once the information was collected/verified, I was asked to hold my ID flat and bend it to show that it had flex.
When I log into Seller Central, I am still prompted to input the OTP that should be arriving in the mail soon.
I am currently awaiting official verification.
I will update as I can.
The Following User Says Thank You to nochitt For This Useful Post:
james_112233 (12-21-2020)
Old 12-21-2020

Activity: 17%
Longevity: 41%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nochitt View Post
I've received a lot of help and info from this forum, so I want to share my experience I just had video-verifying an open (non-stealth) account for educational purposes.
I was expected to have a Gov't ID and a recent financial document confirming name & address.
My video feed was not working via Edge, so we had to try Firefox, IE, and then Chrome. None worked, so I had to download Amazon Chime and video conference with that. There is a 30 minute window for verification. If a seller can not be verified within the 30 minutes, the verification appointment is rescheduled, which adds about a week to the process.
My initial bank account verification I submitted was not sufficient as it was a screenshot of my Revolut account, which lacked name/addy. A screenshot "is not acceptable, and must be a picture taken of a physical bill/statement, or a PDF." I took a photo of a physical CC statement, emailed to myself, and then reuploaded/changed it in Amazon Seller Central.
I was then asked to hold up my ID close to the camera, with my face next to the ID. Once the information was collected/verified, I was asked to hold my ID flat and bend it to show that it had flex.
When I log into Seller Central, I am still prompted to input the OTP that should be arriving in the mail soon.
I will update as I can.
Great insight for those of us that don't sell on amazon.

From what I've read this is just another reason why they are the market leaders in their field.

All that verification to weed out the troublemakers that can potentially plague their platform and ruin the buying experience.

Ebay will soon follow ...
Old 12-21-2020

Longevity: 88%

Quote:
I will update as I can.
Damn, that's honestly ridiculous.

I guess the business in US-based Amzn stealth accounts is gonna grind to a halt :(
Old 12-21-2020
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundofsilence View Post
Ohw no no! I just meant to say the AZ video verification procedure seems to be a fun to me. Never sold anything on AZ till now but wanna give it a try. :P

I'm selling on eb currently.
Sure thing, just make sure you read the Amazon Ghost and not use your real account just yet since you are starting.
Old 12-22-2020
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 33%

Quote:
I will update as I can.
Can confirm the same with about 10 verifications

Didn't have to do the card bending stuff - but the rest is about the same
Old 01-03-2021

No news from postal verification?
Thanks
Old 02-09-2021

Everything was verified and I was able to open an Amazon shop. Once Amazon asked for SSN, I focused my efforts on eBay. The SSN may have been optional, I don't remember. I despise Amazon for more reasons than I do eBay, so Amazon in on the back-burner.