UK Royal Mail 2d barcodes in effect from June 30th - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 05-26-2021

Activity: 26%
Longevity: 55%
Default UK Royal Mail 2d barcodes in effect from June 30th

As in the title ,UK Royal Mail 2d barcodes in effect from June 30th.
I posted in the Amazon Discussion as was not sure where else to put it and Amazon is my main concern.
Looking through the email from royal mail looks like any parcels not having the 2d barcode will be intercepted and fined from 30th of June.
Currently we ship 50+parcels a day using standard 48hr ppi labels across multiple stealth accounts.
Current solutions available would link our royal mail account to the Amazon account which in turn would link all accounts probably causing suspensions.

Any body else thought about this and have a solution?

Would rather not have to sit down with a pile of parcels re entering customer addresses to create these 2d barcodes.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-26-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: UK Royal Mail 2d barcodes in effect from June 30th

Are multiple royal mail accounts a possibility, using different business info for each if necessary?

I'm asking because the easiest solution in the US is creating multiple postage accounts, then linking each of them to their own eBay/amazon account. Then each day you just click "import orders", print labels, and tracking gets auto-posted back to eBay/amazon.

Sorry if that's not an option for you guys.. just trying to toss some ideas out there.
Old 05-26-2021

Longevity: 35%

Surely you can still use standard stamps(1st 2nd etc) these don't have an expiration date. ??
Old 05-27-2021
Threadstarter  

Waiting to here if Royal mail will allow me to have multiple accounts-

bhuzz- according to royal mail no ppi or stamps will be allowed, its either a 2d barcode or they intercept and put charges on it.
also we are now seeing a massive drop in our Amazon metrics due to orders not having tracking. We have been selecting royal mail 48 in the amazon dropdown- not sure if we can use royal mail 2nd class to bypass the need to add a tracking number.
Old 05-27-2021

Longevity: 26%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettotige View Post
according to royal mail no ppi or stamps will be allowed, its either a 2d barcode or they intercept and put charges on it.
Do you have a link which made you wrongly think this because Royal Mail have absolutely no plans to cancel postage stamps and issue fines!
Indeed, they've just announced their latest postage stamp range, celebrating the life of Prince Phillip. Their Christmas ones will be released on 2nd November.
Old 05-27-2021

Longevity: 35%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Do you have a link which made you wrongly think this because Royal Mail have absolutely no plans to cancel postage stamps and issue fines!
Indeed, they've just announced their latest postage stamp range, celebrating the life of Prince Phillip. Their Christmas ones will be released on 2nd November.
I'd like a link as well as I can't find this info anywhere. Postage stamps don't expire and IV got thousands and thousands of them. Got me a bit worried now
Old 06-07-2021

Longevity: 72%

I try googling fine , royal mail and 2d but to no avail, I highly doubt something like this would be mandatory, many people are still using stamps.
Old 06-13-2021

Longevity: 46%

https://sellercentral-europe.amazon....-labels/437302

Warning - Amazon Seller Forum Link
Old 06-14-2021

Longevity: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettotige View Post
As in the title ,UK Royal Mail 2d barcodes in effect from June 30th.
I posted in the Amazon Discussion as was not sure where else to put it and Amazon is my main concern.
Looking through the email from royal mail looks like any parcels not having the 2d barcode will be intercepted and fined from 30th of June.
Currently we ship 50+parcels a day using standard 48hr ppi labels across multiple stealth accounts.
Current solutions available would link our royal mail account to the Amazon account which in turn would link all accounts probably causing suspensions.

Any body else thought about this and have a solution?

Would rather not have to sit down with a pile of parcels re entering customer addresses to create these 2d barcodes.
I use Zenstores, orders are imported from Ebay from multiple accounts and no linkage. I choose the channel which is user id of account and do them per ebay account. Its been around for years and even my Royal Mail manager said why am I paying them fees as they can be imported onto click or drop Royal Mail directly but my theory why change it if it works and has been safe to date.
I had my amazon linked to it previously when did fbm also but it was one account only not sure how it works with multiples but in my category fba gets more sales and saves you getting a heartache or stroke with poor account health and performance.
Old 06-14-2021
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 27%
Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarlaces View Post
I use Zenstores, orders are imported from Ebay from multiple accounts and no linkage. I choose the channel which is user id of account and do them per ebay account. Its been around for years and even my Royal Mail manager said why am I paying them fees as they can be imported onto click or drop Royal Mail directly but my theory why change it if it works and has been safe to date.
I had my amazon linked to it previously when did fbm also but it was one account only not sure how it works with multiples but in my category fba gets more sales and saves you getting a heartache or stroke with poor account health and performance.
If the click and drop setup properly absolutely no linkage issue, zen store was good back in days but no point paying them now
Old 06-29-2021
Threadstarter  

Sorry forgot to monitor my own post-
This is the email from royal mail-
Withdrawal of unbarcoded parcel products

I’m writing to inform you that Royal Mail will be withdrawing all parcels products that do not carry a 2D barcoded label. 2D barcodes are data-rich barcodes generated through shipping solutions, that enable Royal Mail to link an item to the posting customer’s account. The withdrawal of products includes Royal Mail 24® and Royal Mail 48® unbarcoded services as well as the 1D barcoded product variants of Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed® and Royal Mail Signed For® (that use the multi-peel flash labels).

We can see from our records that you don’t currently use 2D barcoded products. We would like to work with you to migrate your business to a suitable shipping solution that will allow you to produce the barcodes you’ll need going forward. Access to non-barcoded products will no longer be available on your Online Business Account following your migration date.
Old 06-29-2021
Threadstarter  

Spoke with the royal mail account manager and the original July 30th date is not locked so looks like it is just a warning that they will be pushing me that way-
Also looks like its Royal mail account specific as I spend 350K a year with them I guess others with lower volume may not be forced to switch.

I have contacted Linnworks to see if that would work but it is contracted for a year so would cost about 12k just to try it.

Its not just the 2d barcode thing but now amazon is using that valid tracking metric- all my accounts are pretty much down to 0% as I use 48h PPI and there is no tracking number.

So how long before Amazon starts suspending accounts with poor valid tracking rates?
Old 07-01-2021
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 27%
Longevity: 54%

Using ppi are never safer option in these days, even 2d barcode is not good for amazon nor track unless its signed

FBM is worst thing seller does
Old 09-02-2021
Threadstarter  

Getting really distressed over this new push by Royal Mail,
I have had several calls with account manager now and I am not getting any closer to a solution.
There is now basic barcodes, which allows you to print 280 2d barcodes at a time and then complete a manifest on click n drop.
Advantage
No linking your amazon/s account/s to royal mail.
Disadvantage-
Cant just order a roll of 2000 ppi labels and stick em on.
Cant use for international mail.

I have just had to turn off all my overseas orders as they are not getting through, customs is now wanting electronic information on each order- a simple cn22 and ppi label for postage is getting rejected 30% of time. Was neve an issue with shipping to USA as tax was not applied to products we sent in the £10-£20 price range. But in the EU they want the VAT on anything, so customers are sometimes getting asked to pay by the mail man and then I get a message stating they want the extra money they have been charged reimbursed. So for now I am turning off all non UK orders until I find a solution.
Friend of mine only ships DHL tracked outside the UK and he uses Linnworks and has a single Amazon account so for him all the issues I am having have not been a problem.

I think I need a multichannel platform that can guarantee they will not link multiple Amazon accounts. I hear you "good luck with That"

I would do it all manually if it was just a few orders but we are talking 70+eu orders and 100+ Uk orders a day.

I have made some searches on google and it always used to be between channel advisor and Linnworks for this sort of thing but now there are hundreds. anyone got any recomendations?