Authenticity - Amazon requests invoice. But I bought the item from Amazon! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 09-19-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 14%
Default Authenticity - Amazon requests invoice. But I bought the item from Amazon!

Received an email today from pq-offer-review@amazon.com with the following:

Why did I receive this message?
In order to ensure the authenticity of items for sale on Amazon, we are reviewing your inventory for the ASIN listed at the bottom of this email. Your listings are still active, but we would like to work with you to complete our review.

What happens now?
Within 7 days, please reply to this email with the following:

Copies of invoices or receipts from your supplier issued in the last 365 days. These should reflect your sales volume during that time.
Contact information for your supplier, including name, phone number, address, and website.
You can send .pdf, .jpg, .png, or .gif files. These documents must be authentic and unaltered. We may call your supplier to verify the documents. You may remove pricing information, but the rest of the document must be visible. We will maintain the confidentiality of your supplier contact information.

How do I send the required information?
Please submit this information by replying to this email.

What happens if I do not send the requested information?
If we do not hear from you within 7 days, or we are unable to confirm the information you provide, we may remove your listings.

This is for the item I have 3 qty in stock, but haven't even sold once. My account is about 1 month and I used legit invoice from distributor to get ungated in Toys.
Now, this particular item I bought from Amazon themselves, not my distributor.
I sent them my recent invoice from distributor today, but obviously it does not have this ASIN.

Do you think I shall send another email with this ASIN and invoice from Amazon? Does amazon even accept invoices from themselves as a prove of authenticity?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-19-2021

Longevity: 77%
Default Re: Authenticity - Amazon requests invoice. But I bought the item from Amazon!

I think it's your only chance, just make sure the details match your account.
Old 09-20-2021
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Authenticity - Amazon requests invoice. But I bought the item from Amazon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowelKing View Post
I think it's your only chance, just make sure the details match your account.
Details match 100%, I don't use stealth account.
Just worried Amazon may find that it doesn't like a retail arbitrage in that case
Old 09-20-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forum OP - all the best as you master ghost

Weird that the item itself came from Amazon - category must be hot to sell in or item is just too hot of itself

Last edited by rsot; 09-20-2021 at 04:30 AM.
Old 09-20-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Welcome to the forum OP - all the best as you master ghost

http://youtu.be/TLcuTISVs3s

Weird that the item itself came from Amazon - category must be hot to sell in or item is just too hot of itself
It was a good deal on sold-out item couple of months ago.

Do you reckon Amazon will accept their own invoice in this situation? I could modify my supplier's invoice just adding the item in it, but thinking which option has less chances of moee trouble lol
Old 09-20-2021
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 4%
Longevity: 33%

getting an email from PQ is normally the kiss of the death

but before sending an invoice you should try replying and explaining that you won't be selling those items

since you haven't sold any they might reinstate without an invoice

if they reject then send an invoice
Old 09-20-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful View Post

but before sending an invoice you should try replying and explaining that you won't be selling those items

to reinstate what sorry? they haven't blocked anything
Old 09-20-2021

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful View Post

Why is this the kiss of death? Won't giving them invoices resolve the situation? Do you also have any idea what could trigger this?
Old 09-20-2021

Longevity: 26%

You cannot supply an invoice. Amazon-to-Amazon arbitrage is unacceptable. Let them remove the listing from your inventory.
Old 09-20-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowelKing View Post
Why is this the kiss of death? Won't giving them invoices resolve the situation? Do you also have any idea what could trigger this?
exactly my reaction to "kiss of death", I think they thought I received an account warning, whereas I only got a listing review.

Regarding what could trigger this - no idea. It is LEGO toy, there 25 sellers on it. So highly unlikely someone would be targeting me specifically. And as I said, I haven't even sold a single item yet.
Old 09-20-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
You cannot supply an invoice. Amazon-to-Amazon arbitrage is unacceptable. Let them remove the listing from your inventory.
will it just go away then? dunno really, it looks like if I ignore the request they will just put me under further scrutiny rather than let it go. What's the point of a request if it would just go away?

in the meantime I found an invoice from one of my suppliers, I mean proper suppliers, not retail arbitrage. I did buy a very similar item from them just 2 months ago. So all I need to do it slightly alter the item in the invoice and send it to Amazon - what are the chances they would check line by line with supplier?
Old 09-20-2021
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,535 Times in 2,189 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by samlink View Post
exactly my reaction to "kiss of death", I think they thought I received an account warning, whereas I only got a listing review.

Regarding what could trigger this - no idea. It is LEGO toy, there 25 sellers on it. So highly unlikely someone would be targeting me specifically. And as I said, I haven't even sold a single item yet.
LEGO itself is a kiss of death.

If your account is ok, just remove the listing and stop selling it.
Old 09-24-2021
Threadstarter  

My account is ok otherwise.
I just don't get it - there are so many sellers who clearly do retail arbitrage and 100% they cannot produce invoices. And yet they sell on for years. How is that possible? It is just random and I got unlucky? I feel like I'm just missing something...
Old 09-25-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
I just don't get it - there are so many sellers who clearly do retail arbitrage and 100% they cannot produce invoices. And yet they sell on for years. How is that possible? It is just random and I got unlucky? I feel like I'm just missing something...
Possibly that particular Lego item/category just got heavily flagged just recently too but in general, lego is high risk
Old 09-25-2021

Thanked 1,098 Times in 1,034 Posts
Activity: 88%

Quote:
just because others get away with it,does not mean you can.
They could have faced the same situation and passed with flying colors!
You have to choose,either present them with the AMZN invoice or tweak your vendor invoice,it is up to you.
Go to AMZN seller forum and ask if retail arbitrage case applies ?
Old 09-25-2021

Thanked 1,098 Times in 1,034 Posts
Activity: 88%

plenty of Ebay sellers buy on EBAY and resell on Ebay,retail arbitrage per Ebay is that you list an item you dont have,when an Ebay buyer buys and pays you,you TAKE HIS MONEY and buy from another retailer and ASK THIS RETAILER TO SHIP TO YOUR BUYER,in your case,you have the inventory on hand ,and you will ship the item yourself ,this is not retail arbitrage
Old 09-25-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
plenty of Ebay sellers buy on EBAY and resell on Ebay,retail arbitrage per Ebay is that you list an item you dont have,when an Ebay buyer buys and pays you,you TAKE HIS MONEY and buy from another retailer and ASK THIS RETAILER TO SHIP TO YOUR BUYER,in your case,you have the inventory on hand ,and you will ship the item yourself ,this is not retail arbitrage
Thanks, but are you not confusing dropshipping with retail arbitrage? It us when you do drop shipping you do not have physical inventory. Retail arbitrage is when you buy from retail with intention to resell?
Idk I may be wrong though myself
Old 09-25-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
just because others get away with it,does not mean you can.
They could have faced the same situation and passed with flying colors!
You have to choose,either present them with the AMZN invoice or tweak your vendor invoice,it is up to you.
Go to AMZN seller forum and ask if retail arbitrage case applies ?
Will just flip a coin really lol. Both options are risky
Old 09-25-2021

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 34%

Amazon sometimes check the invoices by calling or emailing the supplier so invoice must be legit or it could not pass. This PQ inauthentic message is standard bot practice nowadays on new accounts with limited sales history. You can remove the item and skip this for now, and they probably wont suspend you and will just ban your listing for this particular item. But an annotation will be put on your account and will stay there forever until you provide proper documents or resolution. Next time you receive another warning for something else your account will be in jeopardy because of the 1st annotation on your account. You can slid 2,3 even 4 times like this if you are lucky (also depending on sales volume) but amazon eventually will take you down if you do not address those issues/warnings. This is how amazon works. In other words skipping this warning will only solve your issue in short term. My journey lasted exactly 1.5 years given the scenario above so good luck and I hope this will help you not to repeat the same mistakes, even though with Amazon these days it is really unpredictable and it is more like Russian roulette.

Last edited by auga; 09-25-2021 at 04:11 PM.
Old 09-25-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by auga View Post
Amazon sometimes check the invoices by calling or emailing the supplier so invoice must be legit or it could not pass. This PQ inauthentic message is standard bot practice nowadays on new accounts with limited sales history. You can remove the item and skip this for now, and they probably wont suspend you and will just ban your listing for this particular item. But an annotation will be put on your account and will stay there forever until you provide proper documents or resolution. Next time you receive another warning for something else your account will be in jeopardy because of the 1st annotation on your account. You can slid 2,3 even 4 times like this if you are lucky (also depending on sales volume) but amazon eventually will take you down if you do not address those issues/warnings. This is how amazon works. In other words skipping this warning will only solve your issue in short term. My journey lasted exactly 1.5 years given the scenario above so good luck and I hope this will help you not to repeat the same mistakes, even though with Amazon these days it is really unpredictable and it is more like Russian roulette.
Thanks for sharing, really appreciate it! So just out of curiosity, did you ever provide them a proper invoice? I already provided one to get ungated. But given there are continuous random checks, I think I need to work hard to find proper supplier with legit invoices.
Old 09-25-2021

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 34%

It is random only when the account is somewhat new. Then you will have other problems which I am sure everyone here who is making volume is having, namely most common complaints are "used sold as new" and "not as described" amazon bots are really turn on with those and they detect keywords in messages, return requests, feedbacks left, etc. More AI less human, more suspensions...

Last edited by auga; 09-25-2021 at 05:17 PM.
Old 09-25-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by auga View Post
It is random only when the account is somewhat new. Then you will have other problems which I am sure everyone here who is making volume is having, namely most common complaints are "used sold as new" and "not as described" amazon bots are really turn on with those and they detect keywords in messages, return requests, feedbacks left, etc. More AI less human, more suspensions...
it's scary, to be under pressure all the time. I also got your message but cannot respond as I'm new - thanks for sharing. Makes no sense though (on Amazon part) to sometimes accept and other times decline invoices from the same supplier. Probably logic is found elsewhere, not on Amazon