Can amazon (UK) be linked by prime/return address? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 02-03-2022

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 87%
Default Can amazon (UK) be linked by prime/return address?

Hi all, I have a amazon (UK) dilemma & was wondering if someone can tell me my best course of action please.

So 5-6 years I had a legit Amazon seller account (real name/address etc), at some point I needed to upgrade to sole trader after passing sales threshold, I needed to supply them UTR number which I didn't have back then (long story), so I pretty much just abandoned my account & my brother opened a seller account in his name but same address :/ which I know is incredibly risky, but all has been well & since then we created a partnership business.

So we've just had that 1 seller account (bro's name) all these years & tried to be 100% legit, but we've clearly taken a few cheeky shortcuts because we got hit with the odd trademark violation. A few days back we was was having multiple phone calls off amazon Spain/Italy within a few hours of each other in regards to violations. All of a sudden I feel vulnerable & scared stiff, the ship is sinking....

So I figured I would create a new seller account in my name for peace of mind but I'm frozen by indecision. So it seems my options are, I could try getting my old seller account back, I now have URT number, but that would mean 2 seller accounts (me/bro) registered at same address/same products. Doesn't seem good ey?

The other option is to create a brand new seller account from my current address, me & bro have moved from his registered address but he uses this current address for prime deliveries & also as a returns address on his account, would this be major linkage? my old account would 100% be linked.

I want a new seller account but I can't risk jeopardizing bro's account in the process or we will both be screwed & in need of a job. Any help would be much appreciated. Many thanks. Chico

PS// Sorry for long message, I'm rubbish at concise
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-03-2022
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 28%
Longevity: 54%
Default Re: Can amazon (UK) be linked by prime/return address?

no chance they will restore your old account even if you provide them UTR now,

best option is to open new seller account and makesure use different ID then what you used before, ie if you used passport then use driving licence this time,

makesure address is totally new, including phone number, pc/laptop you should be fine
The Following User Says Thank You to e2free For This Useful Post:
chico1984 (02-04-2022)
Old 02-03-2022
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the advice e2free, yeah I was unsure if going anywhere near that old account was a good idea, I think the only appealing part was having my established account back with lots of feedback & the lingering thought of "I wonder if they would open that account back up with UTR".

As for new seller account, I think I'm good to go, I have a new passport, new laptop, IP, phone number/bank account etc, but my only concern is my current address, it's a new address to my old account & it's different to my brothers seller account which was registered at my old address also (family home), but even though my brothers account is registered at family home, he always has deliveries to this current address via AMZN prime, and he also uses this current address as the returns address.

So do you think that's too much of a link? so to clarify because I'm confusing myself even, my brothers account is registered at family address but he's using this current address (that I want to set up a new account with) for deliveries from AMZN prime & as a returns address. Safe for me to register at this current address you think?

I'm just scared of jeopardizing my brothers account because if that goes down, we will both be hunting for a new job. Thanks again mate
Old 02-03-2022

Longevity: 27%

Surprised Amazon didn't decide the shared address between the two seller accounts wasn't grounds for suspension but you seem to have avoided scrutiny.

That said there's no way I would tempt fate by offering up another link.

I know it has been said that return addresses, Prime etc do not influence seller accounts but I have a policy of never sharing any data whatsoever between seller account - absolutely nothing - zero links of any kind.

Once you've been on the wrong side of Amazons linking technology and aggressive policies you'll know why. Don't ever get complacent.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hank For This Useful Post:
chico1984 (02-04-2022)
Old 02-04-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Surprised Amazon didn't decide the shared address between the two seller accounts wasn't grounds for suspension but you seem to have avoided scrutiny.

That said there's no way I would tempt fate by offering up another link.

I know it has been said that return addresses, Prime etc do not influence seller accounts but I have a policy of never sharing any data whatsoever between seller account - absolutely nothing - zero links of any kind.

Once you've been on the wrong side of Amazons linking technology and aggressive policies you'll know why. Don't ever get complacent.
I appreciate your advice Hank, I'm also really wary of using this address because if I somehow jeopardize my only account (in bros name) then I will be effectively finished because this account brings in about 85% of my income, I understand I've made foolish mistakes to have all my eggs in this one basket, I used to be well on top of stealth accounts back in the day (just ebay/pp back then), but I just assumed because I'm going fully legit I wouldn't have to worry about account this uncertainty & having it all crumbling down to the ground.

But now that I'm trying to get back into the stealth game all these years later, it kinda feels like I've missed the boat, because the game has drastically changed, no matter how much I've read & researched the forum, it's starting to feel like it's a lost cause, but then I see some posts where it looks like they're indicating stealth accounts are possible so I get my hopes up following these little bread crumbs but they always lead to a dead end, actually it feels more like I'm walking around in circles so I feel utterly dizzy & confused.

Ok so if my old address is ruled out & this new address could mean game over, hahahaha this is where I wish I had more friends & a close knit family. Come on life, throw me a bone. But on a serious note, can I ask if you was in my situation, what would you try to do? do you think I have a slither of hope or is it curtains closed?

Thanks again lovely people for the advice
Old 02-04-2022
Threadstarter  

I've just had a thought...

I was wondering, if I asked my Nan if I could use her address, if she says that would be ok, so if I was to register a new AMZN seller account using her address, my real name/D.O.B & everything else brand new, does anyone think this could work?

Like do AMZN do soft credit checks or whatever? if that was the case, could I change my bank to my Nans address & would that be enough for them to verify I have history at this address?

I would love to hear some opinions on this. Many thanks. Chico
Old 02-04-2022
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 62%
Longevity: 91%

You can do that. Essentially it's her opening an account.

You've been here for a long time so I trust that you know how to operate a valuable ACC like this well.
Old 02-05-2022

Longevity: 27%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
You can do that. Essentially it's her opening an account.
No it's not, he's made it clear he only wants to use her address.

Anyway, Amazon will require proof of your residential address, so as well as changing your address with your bank - which comes with it's own issues - you also need to consider a utility bill and the possibility they will check the electoral role.

The only way it would work with a high degree of certainty at your nans address is if it's your nan who opens the account, but bear in mind the massive implication to her and her tax position etc etc .
Old 02-06-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:

Anyway, Amazon will require proof of your residential address, so as well as changing your address with your bank - which comes with it's own issues - you also need to consider a utility bill and the possibility they will check the electoral role.

The only way it would work with a high degree of certainty at your nans address is if it's your nan who opens the account, but bear in mind the massive implication to her and her tax position etc etc .
Thanks for the info Hank

My issue is, I guess I'm a bit of a ghost to the system, well my bank accounts etc are all registered to my family address, and always have been, so even though I've been renting at new places (I've never been on the contracts), I've never changed my bank address, and also I've never had utility bills etc in my name at any other address, and I'm not on the electoral role either.

So you saying I will only be able to set up AMZN seller account at family address? because I'm guessing that's the only place I would show up on the system? but that's problematic because my old account was registered there & my current AMZN account (in bro's name) is registered at family address also & I can't risk jeopardizing my bro's account because that's all we have & if that goes down it will be game over & I'll have to start searching for a job.

If anyone has advice on this situation I would be extremely grateful because I've searched this forum all day everyday for over a week now, I've read everything there is to be read & I'm just as confused now as when I started, I just want to start taking action & working on another account for peace of mind but I'm still frozen in my tracks due to indecision.

Thanks for your time & I really will appreciate any advice no matter how big or small. Cheers
Old 02-06-2022
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 28%
Longevity: 54%

Quote:

Amazon don't check electrol list,

All they need business documents with address which can be anywhere even on same address if registered 100's of business
Then they need id for the director and proof of address which has to be unique , utility bill they only request if account not created properly and now even they not requesting this hence moving to video verification if you fail initial test
So utility bill no longer needed
The Following User Says Thank You to e2free For This Useful Post:
chico1984 (02-06-2022)