eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   Does the Credit Card on file have to match ZIP code or name? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/148581-does-credit-card-file-have-match-zip-code-name.html)

alekov 09-12-2022 10:30 PM

Does the Credit Card on file have to match ZIP code or name?

Bought few new Amazon accounts, and running into a problem. They all have Visa credit cards attached to them already, but when I try to list a product and etc I get an error message saying my charge method isn't valid. I tried putting one of my credit cards there but it didn't take it, I assume because the Zip code didn't match and the account owners are in Ukraine/foreign addresses. What's the best way to resolve this?

SaiJin 09-13-2022 01:09 PM

Re: Does the Credit Card on file have to match ZIP code or name?

You bought the accounts from the forum's marketplace?

What country accounts are these?

dom03 09-14-2022 04:49 AM

I am not sure about seller accounts, but for buyer accounts zip doesn't need to match where I am.

rsot 09-14-2022 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dom03 (Post 1201389)
I am not sure about seller accounts, but for buyer accounts zip doesn't need to match where I am.

More stringent of a match imposed on seller accounts

SaiJin 09-14-2022 12:31 PM

short answer is yes, it has to match

Beautiful 09-17-2022 10:26 AM

You're likely running into issues related to the shops

Most other sellers that provide Amazon shops online sell foreign Ukraine/China/Russia shops that typically are less stable and have VCC issues

Your best option is to reach out to whoever provided the shop to resolve the problem

All our shops come with a 5 year VCC to avoid this and many other shortcuts others take :)

krakh 09-22-2022 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alekov (Post 1201293)
Bought a few new Amazon accounts, and ran into a problem. They all have Visa credit cards attached to them already, but when I try to list a product and etc I get an error message saying my charge method isn't valid. I tried putting one of my credit cards there but it didn't take it, I assume because the Zip code didn't match and the account owners are in Ukraine/foreign addresses. What's the best way to resolve this?

If you got a message like this that means either your card on file has no balance to cover pro plan fees or that virtual card was deleted or expired.
When you add a new card make sure you also add a new billing address, ZIP State and City have to match, Name the same as on the account,
and the Address line is just made up, once the card is accepted and charged (usually 24-48 h) you can delete this billing address and leave just one you have on file with Amazon.
I suggest browsing the service section here for a good reliable vcc provider.

alekov 10-03-2022 11:45 AM

Thank you guys. Yes I bought 3 accounts, not from this marketplace :(. One of them already went down for being linked to another account, so that sucks. The other two accounts both have the same problem, impossible to list anything on them, give error messages, don't say what the problem is but error message reads something like "account not eligible for that" or something like that when you try to list.

Both remaining accounts are Ukraine accounts setup as USA Pro shops. My guess is most of you are correct and there aren't any money in the VCCs to cover the Pro fees. I need to find a new VCC that would work with the Ukraine address listed on each account.

The other option I'm pondering is if I shouldn't add a new USA address and change the info on some debit cards to match? But that seems tougher option to do.

Strangely enough, I have several old stealth accounts (probably 4-5 years old high volume accounts) that I am using some of my own debit cards and credit cards on and they don't have that problem of matching names and etc. I do think the zip codes on addresses match, however.

alekov 10-03-2022 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaiJin (Post 1201352)
You bought the accounts from the forum's marketplace?

What country accounts are these?

Ukraine but setup as USA pro accounts.
I bought them outside of the marketplace as they are much cheaper. I guess you get what you pay for... :(

SaiJin 10-03-2022 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alekov (Post 1202645)
Ukraine but setup as USA pro accounts.
I bought them outside of the marketplace as they are much cheaper. I guess you get what you pay for... :(

That's a bummer. A bunch of those people selling accounts on a different website are 99% just copying us and they don't have any kind of moderation or verification like we do.

I've heard too much horror stories about those scammers.

alekov 10-03-2022 12:14 PM

Here is the error message I'm getting:

Problem with your Seller Account

You’re currently unable to add or edit listings because either the credit card on file is invalid or the credit card is in the process of validating, which could take up to 24 hours. Please ensure that you have a valid credit card uploaded in Account Settings.
Return to your Seller Account

The strange thing is when you click on the VCC it shows active and valid. Probably just doesn't have any money on it.

Beautiful 10-03-2022 06:56 PM

Its the quality of the shop - many online sellers cut corners to save cost often times using cheaper/less reliable VCCs

But that doesn't mean you can't resolve the issue you just need a different VCC

Sometimes on those foreign shops that get VCC flagged, they will not let you add another VCC even good ones, so if you are rejected after a couple reliable VCCs that should work, I'd move onto another shop (more reliable ones)

SaiJin 10-03-2022 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alekov (Post 1202653)
Here is the error message I'm getting:

Problem with your Seller Account

You’re currently unable to add or edit listings because either the credit card on file is invalid or the credit card is in the process of validating, which could take up to 24 hours. Please ensure that you have a valid credit card uploaded in Account Settings.
Return to your Seller Account

The strange thing is when you click on the VCC it shows active and valid. Probably just doesn't have any money on it.

That VCC needs to be replaced with a good one.
They probably gave you a crappy one.

krakh 10-04-2022 10:55 PM

The only way a Ukrainian shop could be set as US PRO is to open US LLC by a Ukrainian (or any other national) person and then register an Amazon account on US business address using that US LLC plus EIN instead of SSN, this way they even can pass video interview with Ukrainian ID and having US business address).
Yes, you'll get a "Your account not eligible" message because of poor quality vcc used during registration of an account, in my experience even adding good fresh vcc will not fix the issue - still many listings will not be available. Sorry to say but these are really poor quality shops. Just wondering why didn't you simply check your ASINs before purchase.

rsot 10-05-2022 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaiJin (Post 1202650)
I've heard too much horror stories about those scammers.

And they will continue unfortunately