Ways Amazon links Accounts - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 12-09-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 83%
Default Ways Amazon links Accounts

Who has good information on the way amazon links accounts? I have some stealth accounts up and running and they havent been shut down yet. I am running different user accounts on the computer. I am using dial up and dialing into far away cities to get an IP address from that city. Is there any other ways that I can be linked???
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-09-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

If you are using AOL for dial up you can dial your local number for access.
You are given a IP address from the AOL bin.
Mine are located in Virginia if I remember correctly.
Needless to say that I live about a thousand miles from Virginia.
So there is no need to dial long distance to dial into AOL.
Old 12-10-2009

let's say your from NY, and you dial a local number with AOL...and the ip address is in california...would ebay/paypal/amazon be suspcious since your account information is NY and not CA?
Old 12-10-2009
Executive [VIP]

eBay probably knows ALL of AOL's IP Addresses.
So it is not a problem.
I have been using AOL for many years and have NEVER ran into a IP issue with AOL Dialup.
Old 12-10-2009

Longevity: 85%

I highly doubt Amazon cares where ur ip address is located as long as it is not linked to a closed account.

I am an American living overseas and use foreign ip addresses for all my Amazon Stealth accounts.

I read on another site similar to Amazon that it would take too much effort to link ip to a users physical address since there are millions of ips and it would take an enormous database to keep track.

Also, so many people travel elsewhere and access there amazon acct. from all over that Amazon would be cutting its nose to spite its face if it stated blocking users for having a different ip.
Old 12-10-2009

They bang your ip! They are slick When they review your account they try a tracer route Even on dialup. They are crooks!
Old 12-10-2009
Threadstarter  

What does "baning an IP mean"?
Old 12-10-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Justin, the term is actually 'bang the IP'. Kinda means that the IP can be identified. In the case of amazon, this is done. They use filters in their software to make an identification of how an account is being accessed.

In turn, the IP can be stopped to communicate with the amazon server by banning the IP address. All servers have this ability
Old 12-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Justin, the term is actually 'bang the IP'. Kinda means that the IP can be identified. In the case of amazon, this is done. They use filters in their software to make an identification of how an account is being accessed.

In turn, the IP can be stopped to communicate with the amazon server by banning the IP address. All servers have this ability
anyway around this "banging"?
Old 12-11-2009

Change IP address.
Old 12-11-2009

get a new internet service provider dialup or a new dsl-or cable modem
Old 12-14-2009
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody999 View Post
let's say your from NY, and you dial a local number with AOL...and the ip address is in california...would ebay/paypal/amazon be suspcious since your account information is NY and not CA?
Hey thanks to aspkin im spending time in Jamaica for the Christmas holiday! So far I have found that if your ip address location is too far from the state the amazon account is located they may lock the amazon account up. I have tried this numerous times and it has happened to me to many times!

So far I have 5 accounts running(3 on the 3 day hold till i get back and 2 I made before I left) So when I get back I will see how things will work out. So far no accounts were link even after 5 failed(3 bad performance and 2 veros "D)

Wishing all aspkineers a great holiday! And the guys that found their way around amazon keep going! Getting tired of 30 ebay accounts! "D
Old 12-14-2009

You guys just don't get it. You are all running south with this. That is why you are getting shut down immediately.I will not post here but search the web and just look at what you are doing to get shut down. My accounts are on review not shut down. You just can't hide from the review process but suspended accounts you can figure out how not to...
Old 12-23-2009
MU

Longevity: 92%

Just use good common sense when creating accounts and you will be fine. I know sometimes emotions canget the best of you
Old 12-27-2009

Default 3 Amazon Accounts with the same ISP, IP Address, Router, Modem, and PC?

My brother and I run a buy-sell-trade music store. We have an Amazon account for buying when our store customers want to special order certain items. My brother has his own Amazon selling account and I had my own until Thanksgiving, at which point I got suspended.

In addition, I had had another selling account that Amazon did not link for many months. All of this activity was occurring on the same ISP, with the same Static IP address, from the same modem, with the same router, on the same PC.

Currently, my brother's Amazon account is still going strong, as well as is the account we use strictly for buying. Meanwhile, my own Amazon accounts remain inoperable. All of this leads me to doubt that ISP, IP address, modem, router, and computer are really in any way at issue with regard to Amazon's ability to link accounts.

I want to open a new seller account with new bank information. What other ways does Amazon use to link a new account to a suspended account? Once my new account is open, could I too be able to do business from the same computer as does my brother?
Old 12-27-2010

Longevity: 77%
Default closed seller accounts

"My accounts are on review not shut down. You just can't hide from the review process but suspended accounts you can figure out how not to"

I have opened seller accounts many times,. Some last for over a year, others less than month. I have tried everithing - different IP, internet provider, new computer, new bank info, new credit cards with different names and billing address... But eventualy Amazon finds out that it was us!

Now, they put me on review last time, and although absolutely nothing bad happened (the sales were going nice, customers happy), they closed us anyways!!!
Old 12-28-2010

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaystrying View Post
You guys just don't get it. You are all running south with this. That is why you are getting shut down immediately.I will not post here but search the web and just look at what you are doing to get shut down. My accounts are on review not shut down. You just can't hide from the review process but suspended accounts you can figure out how not to...
I thought if you kept it at about $725 or below you would avoid a review? or at least until someone files an A to Z , chargeback or if Feedback falls below 97% I suppose one of these or more would happen eventually
Old 12-28-2010

Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here We Go Again View Post
If you are using AOL for dial up you can dial your local number for access.
You are given a IP address from the AOL bin.
Mine are located in Virginia if I remember correctly.
Needless to say that I live about a thousand miles from Virginia.
So there is no need to dial long distance to dial into AOL.
I often wonder if you can use IP's from another state and not incur long distance fees. If not, then I can have unlimited IP addresses. HWGA do you incur long distance fees?