Amazon Tip of the Day - Tip #3 Creating Stealth Address - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 12-11-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%
Default Amazon Tip of the Day - Tip #3 Creating Stealth Address

Amazon Stealth Tip of the Day - Tip #3 Creating a Stealth Address

The same rules apply for creating stealth addresses as creating stealth names. Use any address but avoid address generators and make sure your stealth name exactly matches the name you are using on your credit card.

Also, a phantom address can sometimes be better than a real one since it decreases your chances of getting linked to a previously blocked account with that same address.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-11-2009

Longevity: 84%

What's wrong with an address generator?
Old 12-11-2009

I would have thought amazon would be able to see through a made up address....

Considering how far ahead of ebay/paypal they are re: detecting stealth/linking. And even Paypal is catching on to non existent addresses.

And your name doesn't need to match your card if you pick the right one (card that is).

CaptainJack
Old 12-11-2009

A pitfall to watch out for. I purchased my Stealth name and address (which was non existent). My LUCK I had someone return an item prior to my arranging for a new address in that area. Thank GOD that I had that new legitimate address because I was able to change my address on ebay and paypal and just told the customer (who got the package back marked insufficient address) that the stupid post office didn't forward it.

Now, I purchase items and sell items and it all looks good because the address is a legitimate one. One of the postal stores with a physical address instead of a po box. For a small fee I send them items that need to be shipped so that the online tracking shows THAT AREA as acceptance of the package instead of my area about 700 miles away.
Old 12-12-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuntz View Post
What's wrong with an address generator?
Nothing really but some addres generators let you download in bulk so it is possible Amazon could also have that list and use it to block accounts.
Old 12-12-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainjack1980 View Post
I would have thought amazon would be able to see through a made up address....

Considering how far ahead of ebay/paypal they are re: detecting stealth/linking. And even Paypal is catching on to non existent addresses.

And your name doesn't need to match your card if you pick the right one (card that is).

CaptainJack
I think it would be difficult for them to detect stealth addresses since many brand new actual addresses are created everyday and the US Post Office cannot even keep track. Think about a new subdivision near you and you get the picture.
Old 12-12-2009

Longevity: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by onceuponatime View Post
A pitfall to watch out for. I purchased my Stealth name and address (which was non existent). My LUCK I had someone return an item prior to my arranging for a new address in that area. Thank GOD that I had that new legitimate address because I was able to change my address on ebay and paypal and just told the customer (who got the package back marked insufficient address) that the stupid post office didn't forward it.

Now, I purchase items and sell items and it all looks good because the address is a legitimate one. One of the postal stores with a physical address instead of a po box. For a small fee I send them items that need to be shipped so that the online tracking shows THAT AREA as acceptance of the package instead of my area about 700 miles away.

if you ship the item to the postal store and have the postal store ship to you customer, doesn't that take a lot of time and also increase the shippping charges two-fold? not to mention the fee that the postal service charge per box. Does it really matter where the item is shipped from? i always wonder if ebay/paypal/amazon ever really use where it is shipping from to link people.
Old 12-12-2009

That's alot of work to go through when all you have to do is put your stealth address as the return address.
Old 12-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody999 View Post
if you ship the item to the postal store and have the postal store ship to you customer, doesn't that take a lot of time and also increase the shippping charges two-fold? not to mention the fee that the postal service charge per box. Does it really matter where the item is shipped from? i always wonder if ebay/paypal/amazon ever really use where it is shipping from to link people.
I used to think that it didn't matter where it was shipped from UNTIL I had some detractors purchase items from one of my prestealth names. They sent in the tracking information to paypal AND ebay to show that it was mailed from the same post office that I had previously used, and, showed ebay and paypal that the address for new name was DOWN THE BLOCK from where I had been registered. Ebay and Paypal questioned my friend mercilessly and then POOF, the account was gone and linked to my naru'd account without an IP goof etc.

Since these competitors stalk me like crazy, it wouldn't make sense for shipping an item in one state if I'm registered in another. I took the safest route. Luckily, I send this postal service a box of 20 items at a time with paypal generated postage. All they do is mail it. I get charged a nominal fee for each item, less than $1.00. Yes, it does cost more. Yes, it delays arrival by a day or so. Yes...it PROTECTS my ebaying. That is more valuable than saving a few pennies.
Old 12-14-2009

Longevity: 90%

wouldn't the postal service get suspcious and question why you don't send the parcels yourself, instead of mailing them a box of 20 preprinted with shipping lable and having them send it to the postal office?
Old 12-14-2009

Wow...

This is way too much work. You can simply just put the location of the item under in the auction under "Item Location" it's there for a reason. This is for eBay, not sure If Amazon keeps track of shipping location.

-Acceptance, November 10, 2009, 2:16 pm, BROOKLYN, NY 10893

That is ALL they see. As long as they receive their package then nothing else should matter, It's not like you're the ONLY person shipping from that location. Come on now. Very good try at getting me paranoid again guys. Not this time!

Merry Christmas!

Last edited by OfficialGenius; 12-14-2009 at 08:34 PM.
Old 12-14-2009

[The UPS store that I use knows I am ebaying and does not care that I ship them items to remail. THANK GOD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody999 View Post
wouldn't the postal service get suspcious and question why you don't send the parcels yourself, instead of mailing them a box of 20 preprinted with shipping lable and having them send it to the postal office?
Old 12-14-2009

It is way too much work, but, if all they see is -Acceptance, November 10, 2009, 2:16 pm, BROOKLYN, NY 10893 and the name is registered in IOWA, then they could and would and----- have questioned. If paypal wants to get you, I'd not give them an "acceptance" location that is different than where I am registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficialGenius View Post
Wow...

This is way too much work. You can simply just put the location of the item under in the auction under "Item Location" it's there for a reason. This is for eBay, not sure If Amazon keeps track of shipping location.

-Acceptance, November 10, 2009, 2:16 pm, BROOKLYN, NY 10893

That is ALL they see. As long as they receive their package then nothing else should matter, It's not like you're the ONLY person shipping from that location. Come on now. Very good try at getting me paranoid again guys. Not this time!

Merry Christmas!
Old 12-14-2009

Longevity: 83%

Or go to another post office
Old 12-14-2009

Longevity: 88%
Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

I disagree about the location you ship items from. Lots of people on Ebay Drop ship. I would say most of their suppliers are in even in a different country. If what you're saying is true then no one on Ebay could drop ship, but they do...
Old 12-14-2009

If your stealth account is in NY but you live and ship items from Iowa then you just change the item location in the listing to Iowa, that's what it's there for. If anyone asks just tell them that's where your business partner or Distributor is located.