Im getting the feeling Amazon Stealth is done. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 02-29-2024

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
Default Im getting the feeling Amazon Stealth is done.

Long time stealther and have made a lot of money from doing so but I think its over at least in the UK.

So I get the feeling a lot of other long time users in the UK think its done. I have not fully read up about the HMRC links that may be happening but I have had at least a couple of accounts suspended asking for new information. The general idea being that they can not verify my details and although they are asking for a power of attorney on the upload document page, what they are really asking for according to performance notifications is proof that I am a UK entity. I guess this is them not finding the stealth details matching with HMRC.

I have never avoided the Tax as all the funds from my stealth accounts get deposited directly into my own company accounts which are VAT registered the monies are classed as sales from online channels.

I am trying to think of ways to keep going but its difficult-
Friends and family is an option as it gives you real ID's and addresses but then they have to register for UTR as a sole trader which puts tax implications onto them which they probably dont want to deal with. I know my friends and family dont want to get involved and even If they did I would need atleast 10 accounts to keep below the 85k vat threshold in the hope between 10 accounts I can turnover 850k.

Limited companies are easy enough to form but obviously Amazon will probably link the directors if you use your own details, I did see something on a limited account I set up recently that gives you an option to hide directors details but did seem like that is only for people that have good cause like threats ect. Then you have the residential address issue, but maybe you could use a stealth address for Amazon but the company address is legit maybe a rented office space ect.

Any ideas appreciated.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-29-2024

Activity: 88%
Longevity: 46%
Default Re: Im getting the feeling Amazon Stealth is done.

that is not an issue with amazon searching HMRC databases but it has been happening to large numbers of sellers where they get funds frozen , some get demands to pay VAT to amazon for the last 2-3 years

the reason here is that amazon now suspect everyone and anyone they may not be based in the UK and start setting new demands like provide proof you actually have a place where you ship from , you employ people etc.

these demands go beyond anything the law requires , even banks are satisfied when you provide proof of address and ID to open an account , they do a credit check and this is pretty much it , on amazon they want a lot more destroying sellers in the process

for smaller sole traders all this is very hard , eventually amazon do not seem to need smaller sellers anymore

it is better to be a foreign seller on amazon uk , this costs more but is more reliable

Last edited by murdered_by_ebay; 02-29-2024 at 11:35 AM.
Old 03-01-2024
Threadstarter  

probably alot more difficult to get UK sales if the buyer thinks Im a foreign seller though.
Old 03-01-2024
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 61%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettotige View Post
probably alot more difficult to get UK sales if the buyer thinks Im a foreign seller though.
What makes them think you're not in UK when you're selling and shipping from UK?
Old 03-01-2024

Activity: 12%
Longevity: 40%

Honestly makes me wonder how feasible it would be to get a stealth account in a tax haven country that is non-CSR / FACTA or if these even exist anymore. Could hit 2 birds with 1 stone.
Old 03-01-2024

Activity: 88%
Longevity: 46%

Quote:
buyers do not see it on amazon if items are sent from the UK , the issue with UK sellers is that they do not pay VAT through amazon on amazon uk

amazon do not intend to check whether they pay VAT to HMRC but claim they are not real UK sellers trying to take VAT a second time from their frozen funds

with foreign registration they just pay through amazon and the problem is done
Old 03-01-2024

Activity: 20%
Longevity: 5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post

amazon do not intend to check whether they pay VAT to HMRC
After the VAT evasion mess they got themselves into a few years ago they do put bit of effort in to ensure those who should be, are.

Foreign based sellers find it hard, almost impossible, to sell without registering and if you're a UK seller then once you hit/approach 85K turnover you'll get the message telling you to register as I have found out.
Old 03-01-2024

Activity: 20%
Longevity: 5%

Quote:
I don't think buyers pay much attention to seller location. They look at price and delivery time with the confidence of knowing that they've Amazons very favourable buyer protection.

Then again, I think most buyers are led by the buy box so if you can't get that you'll definitely suffer somewhat.
Old 03-02-2024

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 92%
Longevity: 33%

AMZN also plays games with search-
Once I used my prime account looking for a letter opener,it shows me those with high asking price,then I switch to my non prime account,it shows lower price with shipping fee.
Old 03-02-2024
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Blue_Sky View Post
I don't think buyers pay much attention to seller location. They look at price and delivery time with the confidence of knowing that they've Amazons very favourable buyer protection.

Then again, I think most buyers are led by the buy box so if you can't get that you'll definitely suffer somewhat.
Definitely seems like that - price and delivery...
Old 03-02-2024

May be on AMZN, buyers do not care where the seller is,but On Ebay it does matter,say you are from Nigeria,India,Pakistan or some Middle East country.
Old 03-04-2024
Threadstarter  

I have always kept my stealth accounts below the 85K threshold, I had one go over once and instantly triggered Amazon asking for VAT details.

With my turnover I needed at least 20 accounts but now down to only 6 accounts - 3 of which are stealth they will hit Vat threshold pretty quick.

I always told my self that it would not be an issues as long as all the disbursements from those stealth accounts were transferred to my main Limited company trading account and I pay the vat on those disbursments- The only thing the vat man my have an issue with is the Amazon fees- since Amazon takes them before the disbursment what I declare is not total sales but sales less amazon fees- But I think it cancels itself out, as long as I can class Amazon fees as a vatable expense.
Old 03-16-2024

Activity: 25%
Longevity: 72%

Quote:
I have always kept my stealth accounts below the 85K threshold, I had one go over once and instantly triggered Amazon asking for VAT details.

With my turnover I needed at least 20 accounts but now down to only 6 accounts - 3 of which are stealth they will hit Vat threshold pretty quick.

I always told my self that it would not be an issues as long as all the disbursements from those stealth accounts were transferred to my main Limited company trading account and I pay the vat on those disbursments- The only thing the vat man my have an issue with is the Amazon fees- since Amazon takes them before the disbursment what I declare is not total sales but sales less amazon fees- But I think it cancels itself out, as long as I can class Amazon fees as a vatable expense.

Jeez, that's brutal running that many accounts. Is that 85k per year?
Old 03-17-2024

It is not just stealth account,it is any account ,you have a wort on your nose,and AMZN gets out of bed on the wrong side and wham,you are banned