eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   There is no option to delet credit card from amazon seller account (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/152172-there-no-option-delet-credit-card-amazon-seller-account.html)

jane 04-10-2024 02:48 AM

There is no option to delet credit card from amazon seller account

Hi,

I just discovered that there is no option to delete our credit card from the seller account anymore. I've been working on it for whole morning, but the only available option is to edit; the delete option has disappeared.

I checked both of my Amazon accounts, and they are all the same

OldTom 04-10-2024 05:45 AM

Re: There is no option to delet credit card from amazon seller account

Still there for me, indeed I deleted an expired card just to check and it worked just fine.

That said, mine was an expired card, Maybe, and understandably from Amazons point of view, they will be unlikely to let you delete and active card, only replace it.

agent006140 04-10-2024 08:16 AM

I am in US,I just check,I can replace/edit or add a new card but no way to delete or remove a card.
if your card is good,AMZN wants to keep it just in case !!

why do you want to delete the card,all you have to do is replace it with another card and leave it in your amzn account,it will die a slow death when it expires

You want to close your AMZN seller account?
There is more reason to hold on to your credit card in case of chargeback ,returns and violations.

cancelling the card is the only way.
if this is a seller account and she closed it,and chargebacks come in,AMZN will try to collect the money from her,turn the debt over to some collector and these guys will try to collect from her,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freakzilla (Post 1239338)
Try logging into your buyer account and see if you can delete it there.

No,it would not work.
After I read this thread,
I tried yesterday,my AMZN account is both buy and sell,I can only add new card or choose one which is prefer payment.

I dont know AMZN,but I know with Paypal,if your Paypal account has a negative balance and you ignore Paypal asking you to transfer fund to cover it,and you still leave your account open with a linked cc,then one day you decide to use Paypal/cc to make a purchase,Paypal will and can piggyback and charge whatever the negative balance to your credit card.
I understand this is perfectly legal to do so?

Just report your cc stolen or lost and ask the bank not to send you a replacement

rsot 04-10-2024 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jane (Post 1239251)
Hi,

I just discovered that there is no option to delete our credit card from the seller account anymore. I've been working on it for whole morning, but the only available option is to edit; the delete option has disappeared.

this is on which az platform - us, uk....?

jane 04-10-2024 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 1239268)
this is on which az platform - us, uk....?

UK platform

jane 04-10-2024 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 1239261)
I am in US,I just check,I can replace/edit or add a new card but no way to delete or remove a card.
if your card is good,AMZN wants to keep it just in case !!

That's the exactly what happened to me.
I can edit, replace, but no way to delet it. I am talking UK platform.

yobar 04-10-2024 09:26 AM

This can happen in general by adding a new one and you can delete the previous one.
But if this doesn't happen, write to Amazon in chat and they will delete it for you.

jane 04-10-2024 10:47 AM

received reply form amazon: If a card is currently associated with any of the Amazon stores, it will show up as “Active” and can’t be deleted.
so what should we do?

OldTom 04-10-2024 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jane (Post 1239285)
received reply form amazon: If a card is currently associated with any of the Amazon stores, it will show up as “Active” and can’t be deleted.
so what should we do?

Kind of like I suggested above.

Add a new card, cancel the old one, it will expire and can be deleted.

They will always want an active card associated with the account, if not you potentially face suspension.

jane 04-10-2024 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 1239289)
why do you want to delete the card,all you have to do is replace it with another card and leave it in your amzn account,it will die a slow death when it expires

I want to close my account.

murdered_by_ebay 04-10-2024 03:08 PM

with account closure there is no point to delete anything , amazon save all details indefinitely incl. any bank accounts and credit cards used in the past

OldTom 04-11-2024 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay (Post 1239297)
with account closure there is no point to delete anything , amazon save all details indefinitely incl. any bank accounts and credit cards used in the past

There certainly is, surprised you can see it.

As I've already stated, their only option is to cancel it with their provider, it will be seen as expired on Amazon when they do their regular validity checks and become inactive. Then, if you want, you can delete it but being expired I guess it makes no difference.

murdered_by_ebay 04-11-2024 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldTom (Post 1239310)
There certainly is, surprised you can see it.

As I've already stated, their only option is to cancel it with their provider, it will be seen as expired on Amazon when they do their regular validity checks and become inactive. Then, if you want, you can delete it but being expired I guess it makes no difference.

the point of deletion is to remove details from amazon I assume? that will not work. otherwise any card or bank account can be blocked so that amazon could not tap it , the OP would likely go that way if they were not trying to remove details from amazon

Freakzilla 04-11-2024 12:30 PM

Try logging into your buyer account and see if you can delete it there.

OldTom 04-11-2024 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay (Post 1239333)
the point of deletion is to remove details from amazon I assume?

If you sold on Amazon you'd know why.

Poster 'agent' had given you a very good reason above, but I will say it again...if, like OP, you want to close your account then Amazon will keep any active card available for chargebacks, returns, punitive penalties, or, god forbid, a product recall situation where they blindly refund all past buyers. Initiating the account closure process comes with obvious delays, cancelling/removing your card is an instant safeguard.

What kind of negative balance you would have to run up for them to get the debt collects in I do not know, but I'll tackle that one any day rather than leaving an active card in their hands.

yobar 04-12-2024 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldTom (Post 1239340)
If you sold on Amazon you'd know why.

Poster 'agent' had given you a very good reason above, but I will say it again...if, like OP, you want to close your account then Amazon will keep any active card available for chargebacks, returns, punitive penalties, or, god forbid, a product recall situation where they blindly refund all past buyers. Initiating the account closure process comes with obvious delays, cancelling/removing your card is an instant safeguard.

What kind of negative balance you would have to run up for them to get the debt collects in I do not know, but I'll tackle that one any day rather than leaving an active card in their hands.

If your account is not registered in the United States or some products leave the United States, they will return a few cents of dollars for tax refunds.
But if you ask me, I would lock up the card and request a new one from the bank or the application.

SaiJin 04-12-2024 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jane (Post 1239251)
Hi,

Try this, add a new primary card, then see if you can delete the old card after that

OldTom 04-13-2024 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaiJin (Post 1239383)
Try this, add a new primary card, then see if you can delete the old card after that

That would clearly work for an active seller but they are looking to close the account and remove their active charge method and Amazon wont allow it.

MarkLorence 04-17-2024 05:03 PM

I have tried many times but i cant find an option to delete the cards , i have a lot of vcc cards on file they make add even the same card without modify the old on file

Phd 04-19-2024 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jane (Post 1239296)
I want to close my account.

Close the acct first, then report CC stolen/lost.

You will get a new number and AZ has no access to it.

PhD