Funds reserved after account review (Amazon) - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 03-19-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Default Funds reserved after account review (Amazon)

Hi,everyone, helps needed here!

I opened an amazon account 2 weeks ago, amazon put it under review after 2days it was opened
I've made like $1,700 so far, have gained 2 positive feedbacks
Then I reveived the email says my account has been reactivated, but a portion of my funds will be held for the next 60 days.

I wonder does this mean I pass the account review?
I still can't transfer any funds to my account yet.
It says " a portion of " not all of it, I try asking them, but they don't answer.
Please tell me what is going on here,Thanks!

Here is the email:
Hello from Amazon.com.

This message is to inform you that we have reactivated your Amazon.com seller account, and you may now resume listing items for sale on our site.

As part of our ongoing commitment to improving the Amazon.com customer experience, a portion of your seller account balance will be held in temporary reserve in your Amazon Payments Account for the next 60 days. While this reserve is in place funds from your sales will not be available for disbursement until 14 days after an item sold has been confirmed as shipped.

Please know this is not necessarily a negative reflection of your selling history. This action is taken regularly on marketplace selling accounts across the Amazon.com platform, particularly where sales volumes or inventory levels are not supported by sufficient buyer feedback and account history.

For more information about account reserves, see:

Help > Selling at Amazon.com > Getting Paid > Marketplace Payments FAQ > What is a Reserve Amount?

This holding period is a very important security requirement and is intended to ensure the successful completion of marketplace transactions. Reserves are necessary to cover potential buyer disputes via the A-to-z Guarantee program or credit card chargebacks.

You will be notified via e-mail when this reserve has expired. Thank you for your interest in Amazon.com.

Regards,

Seller Performance Team
Amazon.com
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-19-2010

Longevity: 85%

get ur feedback up above 10% of ur sales and u will be ok.
Old 03-19-2010
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazombie View Post
Do you imply that they will release my money if my feedback over 10%?

Thank you!
Old 03-20-2010

see what happens...who knows
Old 03-21-2010
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Ok... I like your head picture...
Old 03-21-2010

Longevity: 90%

It means that 14 days after you add tracking to confirm item has been shipped, the money will be moved from your reserve balance to your available balance and you will be able to transfer it to your bank. They will do this for the next 60 days. Just means they trust you a little bit, but not all the way.
Old 03-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazombie View Post
thats not true at all,ive had an account where they suspended me and i had well over 30% of my sales left 5 star feedback,bottom line is

you may think you know how amazon works but no one does

i have one account right now that is less than 2 months old and ive done over 2k with no review and ive gotten all my money,what happened to this so called "velocity" some people claim they have

again no one here really knows how amazon operates,1000% different than ebay
Old 03-21-2010

Longevity: 83%
Default Doesnt add up

I have had the same experience. I have had some accounts go 6 months selling 1500 every 2 weeks....and then I sell 1 Item and Im blocked because of linking. Today I had 1 go down 2 hours after I added the bank account. 10 days after I opened the account. Instead of crying , I just move on learn and work on back up for the backups
Old 03-22-2010
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBoy View Post
It means that 14 days after you add tracking to confirm item has been shipped, the money will be moved from your reserve balance to your available balance and you will be able to transfer it to your bank. They will do this for the next 60 days. Just means they trust you a little bit, but not all the way.
But I just find, after I sell an item, I can see its amount shows up on available balance quickly, and I can even transfer it into the account, at least they told me so, I am waiting for the first transaction to show up in my bank account.
Old 03-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsgunner77 View Post
thats not true at all,ive had an account where they suspended me and i had well over 30% of my sales left 5 star feedback,bottom line is

you may think you know how amazon works but no one does

i have one account right now that is less than 2 months old and ive done over 2k with no review and ive gotten all my money,what happened to this so called "velocity" some people claim they have

again no one here really knows how amazon operates,1000% different than ebay
30% feedback? That is high so something like that can put u on amazons radar. I had an acct. closed for having too much feedback.

This is directly from amazon's site regarding sales velocity:

"What is “sales velocity”?

As a means of protecting customer accounts, we limit the number and dollar amount of a seller's transactions during any given month. Sales velocity, also known as "velocity limits" or “selling limits,” is applied to all seller accounts and is set at the time they register.

All sellers begin with the same limit. This limit is imposed on a 28-day "rolling cycle," where only transactions within the past 28 days are included in a seller’s current velocity. If you reach your selling limit, your account is reviewed by our Seller Evaluation Team."

sales velocity is a rolling number but u can get a good feel for the number by seaching this forum.

Amazon keeps careful track of a banned sellers old inventory and will block a account if those same items show up again on a fairly new acct.

U r right no one is 100% sure so that is why everyone must closely analyze their accts. when they get blocked to see what may have went wrong.

P.S. - Zombieland rocks!

Last edited by Amazombie; 03-22-2010 at 02:42 AM.
Old 03-24-2010

Longevity: 93%

They hold your funds in case any buyers file A-Z claims against your sales. Buyers can file such claims within 90 days after the purchase or item is received, it's either way and I am not sure. You can find out more details from your seller central FAQ.

I assume they do this because you passed the initial review, but they still think your sales are risky for possible fraud or they may lead to massive claims. It has to do with the stuff you sell and the amount / price you are dealing with. Please be very careful for the next few weeks and take extremely good care of your current and future orders. When you are under review, I believe they have some live people reading your messages going through their system.