eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   Amazon implemented a new email system... (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/17631-amazon-implemented-new-email-system.html)

alwaystrying 04-03-2010 01:01 PM

Amazon implemented a new email system...

They implemented a new email system this week. this is So that you can't email the buyer personally. Amazon wants to know your business and does not want you to actually deal with the customer! They just want you to ship your items with no outside contact.Supposedly this is to make the transactions easy and safe. For Who?? Not the seller that is for sure..The funny thing is that they do this so if your account is suspended and they block your account you cant contact the buyer.. But there are other ways to do this t.

Amazombie 04-03-2010 04:12 PM

I am still trying to figure out if this will have any affect on stealthing.

alwaystrying 04-03-2010 05:42 PM

I do not think so...

Recherché 04-04-2010 12:54 AM

Yeah, I'm leery of this. The only way to respond to customer is clicking on link/reply button through amazon communications which means you have to be certain your using correct IP and user account. I wonder how this would - oh lets just say a customer mistakenly claims your item is ⊗⊗⊗⊗. How would it affect us?

I kinda think amazon can't patrol using live people what people email back to us using new system anymore than the way it was eh? Or can this new filter system pick up on certain words that may raise flags that merchandise may be ⊗⊗⊗⊗? 'Cause on old email system, I was accused of selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ on several accounts through amazon communications but nothing came of it. Accounts still up and running.

Amazombie 04-04-2010 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Recherché (Post 131809)
.....I kinda think amazon can't patrol using live people what people email back to us using new system anymore than the way it was eh? Or can this new filter system pick up on certain words that may raise flags that merchandise may be ⊗⊗⊗⊗? 'Cause on old email system, I was accused of selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ on several accounts through amazon communications but nothing came of it. Accounts still up and running.

Good post. I agree with you. I think their bots may auto flag accts. based on specific criteria then it get rolled up to a set of human eyes for review.

ovidiu 04-04-2010 04:54 PM

Agree with #5. I can say from experience that if an idiot buyer leaves negative feedback claiming ⊗⊗⊗⊗, Seller Performance will be alerted to the FB and will send you one of their "it has come to our attention" warning letters. This is definitely not good. Be sure all communication with your buyer is clear and above reproach, because there are eyes watching now.

Recherché 04-05-2010 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ovidiu (Post 131862)
Agree with #5. I can say from experience that if an idiot buyer leaves negative feedback claiming ⊗⊗⊗⊗, Seller Performance will be alerted to the FB and will send you one of their "it has come to our attention" warning letters. This is definitely not good. Be sure all communication with your buyer is clear and above reproach, because there are eyes watching now.

Not so much the negative feedback which could very well be problematic, but the emails sent from customers to you through amazon's new email system. That worries me more as they can email you claiming ⊗⊗⊗⊗ goods and then in turn you having to only being able to respond through amazon now.

It used to be that if they emailed you, amazon always left email address to contact them personally. Now with new system I'm not sure how often live people are actually scouring around amazon looking for tidbits such as ⊗⊗⊗⊗ in customers emails.

dennisjaneway 04-06-2010 10:34 AM

new Mail system

Hi,

also in my case, a costumer send me a question and i answered that question with my normal IP (not my dialup ip).

Next day the account was blocked because of linking. So be careful guys! :mod:

Another way they can find u!

Greetz

Dennis

Recherché 04-06-2010 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dennisjaneway (Post 132073)
Hi,

also in my case, a costumer send me a question and i answered that question with my normal IP (not my dialup ip).

Next day the account was blocked because of linking. So be careful guys! :mod:

Another way they can find u!

Greetz

Dennis

Yeah, I stated this earlier in regards to having correct user account and IP address when answering through new amazon email. Sorry to hear about Dennis. It is getting more complicated to stay afloat on amazon. That is why I'm slowly starting to move over to selling almost exclusively to my website.

Amazombie 04-09-2010 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Recherché (Post 132087)
Yeah, I stated this earlier in regards to having correct user account and IP address when answering through new amazon email. Sorry to hear about Dennis. It is getting more complicated to stay afloat on amazon. That is why I'm slowly starting to move over to selling almost exclusively to my website.

@#$@%!...I answered a couple of emails from my old ip! Let's see if my acct. gets suspended.

I need to only answer thru marketplace when I am logged in with my stealth ip.

Recherché 04-09-2010 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amazombie (Post 132474)
@#$@%!...I answered a couple of emails from my old ip! Let's see if my acct. gets suspended.

I need to only answer thru marketplace when I am logged in with my stealth ip.

Yikes! Those accounts are in peril amazombie. Keep us updated.

Amazombie 04-13-2010 08:08 AM

gud that one i emailed is still up...whew:)

unfortuantemistake 04-16-2010 03:52 PM

I've responded to emails on my main internet which has been suspended from Amazon as well, so far no problems either.

nobody999 04-16-2010 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unfortuantemistake (Post 133571)
I've responded to emails on my main internet which has been suspended from Amazon as well, so far no problems either.

how long have you been answering the question from your main ip?

Amazombie 04-17-2010 06:08 AM

I use an email forwarding service so I think that helps me since I do not access the emails from the original email account. Can anyone confirm if this is true?