policy warning notice Amazon??? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 08-01-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
Default policy warning notice Amazon???

I do not understand this and why i received it, I have only brand new store bought items so is this just a ploy to ax my account?? If you read through it says words like may have? So If i did then why say may have listed?Seems to me very vague? and what order is this a buyer who is trying to get a free item? Or a seller playing games with peoples account??No buyer has contacted me about anything so I think it is a seller trying to boot other sellers or it is amazon cleaning house again.??

Hello from Amazon.com.

We are writing because it has come to our attention that you may have listed
items against detail pages for different products. Please understand that for
legal reasons regarding account confidentiality, we are unable to provide
information about the specific order(s) that was reported to us.

As stated in our policies, sellers must list the exact same item, in the same
format, as the item represented on the detail page. Please note this includes
brand, manufacturer, UPC, edition, binding, quantity, packaging, color, etc.

If an appropriate detail page is not available for your item, you are welcome to
create a catalog page for it using our Create A Detail Page service. Please note
that some categories require a UPCs or EANs in order for a page to be created,
such as:

- Camera and Photo
- Electronics
- Home and Garden
- Office Products
- Software
- Video Games
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-01-2010

Longevity: 80%

It's weird that they didn't tell you what the item was, but I assume that you only had one in stock so when you sold it it was no longer in your inventory. I have had this warning on occasion for listing, for example, a UK edition of a DVD on a page that described the Australian edition - the content is identical, but they aren't exactly the same item. You're probably right in thinking that someone reported this, possibly a competitor, but one warning won't get you kicked off. Just be careful when you list an item that it is EXACTLY the same one described on the Amazon page.
Old 08-01-2010
Threadstarter  

Thanks I just can't seem to locate the item that is what is weird.Also I have nothing out of the ordinary listed . I will look at my listings again mysold and open ones.
Old 08-01-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I don't think this is a big deal, but I would be careful when listing in the future. It is VERY EASY to mistype a UPC/EAN. I always make sure that everything matches EXACTLY before I submit the listing.

With minor policy violations, Amazon lets you know what you did wrong and lets you fix it. With MAJOR policy violations (i.e. selling counterfeits, being rude to customers) they are worse than eBay. But this seems like an innocent mistake.
Old 08-02-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

Im thinking unless you put in the note section of one of the items you listed that the item does not have the exact same thing as the listing .like for example the item may be a pair of shoes with pink laces and in ur notes u have shoes comes with shoes and no laces or shoes in purple laces..Something like that would seem minor but not to AMazon
Old 08-03-2010
Threadstarter  

AAH Yes that may be I have to look through my listings may i may have said same movie but different cover? Maybe that could be it.If it is Then were would i list the item if i ama not a pro merchant? I cant create a page. And i do not sell enough to pay 39.99 a month.
Old 08-03-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

As a sidenote, if your item is not EXACTLY as advertised on Amazon and buyer fills an A-to-Z claim, you will automatically lose and be out both product and money unless buyer is nice to return it.
Old 08-03-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
As a sidenote, if your item is not EXACTLY as advertised on Amazon and buyer fills an A-to-Z claim, you will automatically lose and be out both product and money unless buyer is nice to return it.
Yes, and I would be VERY careful about selling a DVD on Amazon that has different cover art from what they have pictured. It is true that sometimes the studios put out slightly different versions, like one for video rental stores, one for discount stores, etc. But there are also a lot of ⊗⊗⊗⊗ out there where they use their own cover art for whatever reason.

And we all know what happens if Aamazon even THINKS there is the POSSIBILITY that your items are ⊗⊗⊗⊗.
Old 02-08-2011

Longevity: 76%

Hello,

I received a policy notice today from Amazon support. It was along the lines of: "Product description does not match the classification of NEW." I have since corrected it and actually contacted Amazon support in an attempt to have them verify it. My question to the members of this forum is: Approximately how many warnings does Amazon issue before they actually ban/suspend your account? I've sold $650 in three days and I'm not sure if this is will deem it necessary for them to put my account under review.

Thanks,
Old 02-08-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

"Approximately how many warnings..." Answer is no fixed number - many times they will just ban you outright and, in your case, I would consider myself lucky.

$650 in 3 days is pushing it - expect to be hit with a review in about 50-150 more in sales dollarwise.
Old 02-08-2011

Got this message today:

Hello Mr. $$$

As you know the problem in your listings is the condition note. When you list a product as "New" keywords like "Never Used" or "Never Opened" the system is going to recognize word by word and is going to block your listing because something listed as "New" cannot be "Used" or "Opened". If you already made those changes Amazon is not going to block your listings once again. Remember that you cannot enter links to another website, other product on Amazon.com or Personal Information.

We want you to be successful on Amazon.
If you want more assistance feel free to reach us once again at:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/conta...r-call-me.html

Thank you for contacting Us. Have a great Day

What do you think?
The Following User Says Thank You to BestBuyz For This Useful Post:
Axcend (02-08-2011)
Old 02-08-2011

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestBuyz View Post
Got this message today:

Hello Mr. $$$

As you know the problem in your listings is the condition note. When you list a product as "New" keywords like "Never Used" or "Never Opened" the system is going to recognize word by word and is going to block your listing because something listed as "New" cannot be "Used" or "Opened". If you already made those changes Amazon is not going to block your listings once again. Remember that you cannot enter links to another website, other product on Amazon.com or Personal Information.
Good to know keywords that the amazon decepticons look for in descriptions to draw heat to your account. Thank you for this post
Old 02-08-2011
Executive [VIP]

I can actually understand a seller trying to differentiate themselves by saying something like "never opened".

Unfortunately, many sellers try to sell their items as brand new when they are really not. I have purchased items as BRAND NEW that had been opened and repackaged, had markings/highlighting in them (books) and had otherwise tell-tale signs that the item was not really new.

Of course, everyone wants to put their tiems in the best possible light, but some descriptions in the BRAND NEW category are starting to sound like this:

I bought this video game for Johnny for his birthday, but after playing it for 5 minutes he did not like it. I know this because he started smacking the disc on the table to show me he was mad. Luckily I grabbed it away from him before any damage was done. Then I handed it to my daughter, but I didn't realize that she was carrying the birthday cake with lit candles. So the box caught on fire. But she was right on top of it, she dropped the cake and took the box out into the yard and put out the fire in a mud-puddle, thank goodness! So, I thouroughly wiped this down and cleaned it and except for that it is JUST LIKE BRAND NEW!
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
Amazombie (02-09-2011)
Old 02-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axcend View Post
Good to know keywords that the amazon decepticons look for in descriptions to draw heat to your account. Thank you for this post
You're quite welcome. I would really like some insight from you guy's in regards to my current seller account. I know there are certain guidelines I must follow when selling items on Amazon (<1% defect rate for example) and was curious to know what the penalties are if the numbers don't match up? I have sold more than $1,100 in 5 days and I'm worried customers might leave negative reviews and my account be suspended or put on hold. I'm desperate for money at this time and it would be devastating if I were to lose out on over $1,000.

I would greatly appreciate any responses pertaining to my situation. Thank you!
Old 02-09-2011

**UPDATE**

Received this today after selling $1,500+ in 6 days.

Hello from Amazon.

We are writing to let you know that we are conducting a review of your selling account. During this review, your funds will be temporarily reserved in your Marketplace Payments account.

We conduct account reviews in support of our commitment to improving the customer experience. These reviews are intended to ensure the timely shipment of orders and compliance with our selling policies.

Please continue to fulfill orders and list only items that you are able to ship by or before the promise date.

For information on how you may be able to expedite this review, search on “Velocity Limits and Account Reviews” in our seller Help.

We will notify you via e-mail when our account review is complete.

We appreciate your patience and cooperation.

Regards,

Seller Performance Team
Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com

What does this mean? 24 hour review for limit increase? When I responded to the notification with an appeal, they made me aware of the fact they will respond by February 10th 5:23 pm.

Here is that email:

Received Feb 9, 2011 5:23:32 PM PST PDT (2 hours ago)

We’ve received your appeal

Our Seller Performance team will review your appeal, and you should expect a reply by Feb 10, 2011 5:23:32 PM PST PDT.

Things you can do while awaiting our response:

Confirm all the items you have shipped and provide tracking information.
Update your inventory.
Monitor customer contacts and resolve any customer issues.
Solicit feedback from your customers.

Learn more about how to improve your selling performance.

You wrote:

Inventory management
------------------------------------

Our inventory is managed through a small storage warehouse in XXX,XX. Our products are available instantly after a customer purchases the item. Our anticipated monthly sales are approximately $3,000 to $5,000 and the approximate item load is anywhere from 50 to 100 items. We ship all our items same day, before 2pm via USPS Priority Mail.

Selling history

We initially began selling our products in XXXX,XX through local consumers, but have since managed to transition to the online atmosphere . Our local sales desk consists of mobile storage units and stop-by delivery.

Additional information

We have provided all tracking numbers for every order we shipped. I, as the owner and operator of Best Buyz, have decided to offer our services and sales through Amazon.com. Local sales were improving and I decided the most logical decision at this time was to pursue greater avenues by choosing Amazon. I greatly appreciate your concern for the well being of customers, as this is a primary mission statement for our business as well. We are enjoying the experience of dealing with Amazon customers online and have even decided upon opening a customer service hotline if sales continued to increase. Please also note all shipments were sent out via USPS Priority Mail, a service provided for our customers at not additional charge.

Thank you for your time and effort,

TXXXXX XXXXX
CEO - XXXXXXX

Contact phone number

859XXXXXXX
Old 02-10-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 80%

everything looks good. Start soliciting feedbacks, try not to get any A-Z claims, and keep your refunds to a minimum, and in 26-30 days you should pass the review.
Old 02-10-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

Easiest way to get booted with these thingies is to ignore a warning and repeat the same mistake. You won't get more than 3 or 4 warnings of the same kind before the "despite repeated warnings, blah blah we are banishing you forever" message.
Old 02-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrqell View Post
everything looks good. Start soliciting feedbacks, try not to get any A-Z claims, and keep your refunds to a minimum, and in 26-30 days you should pass the review.
So you are under the impression it will be a 30-day review? How do we know it's not just a "velocity" increase review? Will my account be banned? I'm extremely nervous because I've still been filling orders and increased my overall profit to $1,700 this week.

They said there would be a reply to my appeal within 24 hours.. can someone make sense of this statement?

Thank you!!
Old 02-10-2011

Longevity: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestBuyz View Post
So you are under the impression it will be a 30-day review? How do we know it's not just a "velocity" increase review? Will my account be banned? I'm extremely nervous because I've still been filling orders and increased my overall profit to $1,700 this week.

They said there would be a reply to my appeal within 24 hours.. can someone make sense of this statement?

Thank you!!
how old is your account and how many feedbacks you have?
Old 02-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody999 View Post
how old is your account and how many feedbacks you have?
The account is 1 week old and I currently have zero feedbacks. There are several members who promised to provide positives once they receive their item, so that may help the matter.

Why would the account age and feedbacks reflect how long the account review lasts?
Old 02-10-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

you've done what you have to do. you'll know in 28 days.
Old 02-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig View Post
you've done what you have to do. you'll know in 28 days.

So you believe what I provided Amazon was sufficient enough to get my account reinstated?

Have you been through this before? I'm so worried Amazon customers will begin leaving negative feedback.. I guess it's my paranoid, feeble-minded state kicking in!