Amazon observations - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 08-09-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
Default Amazon observations

I don't know if anyone else knows about this but..

If you get hit with a negative, you're done. If you get hit with A Z claim, you're done.

Sellers should not have anything over 5.% A Z claim. Sellers should not have anything over 2% negative.

These % are based on 200 feedbacks. if you're under 200 and you get hit with this, it could and will kill your account!

Have a nice day!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-09-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

That is not exactly true. While Amazon IS heavily customer service oriented, and WILL get rid of sellers that do not meet the performance standards, they actually have people to evaluate these things.

Foe example, let's say you sells DVD's on Amazon - one of the MOST DIFFICULT categories to survive in. You have 9 positive ffedbacks, but number to is a 1 star negative. It reads "Seller charged $2.98 for shipping, but the label says it only cost $2.07 - FRAUD!!!"

That will NOT get your account cancelled.

On the other hand, if it were to read "SOLD BOOTLEG COPY! AVOID SELLER!". That is MUCH MORE LIKELY to cause you to lose your account.

And if it read "DVD skipped in parts and was nearly unplayable." then it could go either way. They would look at what titles you were selling, your sales volume, and whatever their internal risk models are.

Sometimes you can have 100% positive feedback and no claims or complaints and lose your account. For example, a customer calls Amazon directly and advises them that you sold them a box set of DVD's - and the packaging contained misspellings and the UPC code was wrong. THAT will cause you to lose your account.

Amazon can be harsh, but it is not true that any new seller that receives even one single negative or complaint will lose their account. It depends on the circumstances.

Once you have a selling history and many feedbacks (you mentioned 200) then they tend to follow percentages more closely. But even if you have 200 positives, if they think you are selling counterfeit merchandise, your account will be gone.

This is just one example and there are many variables in each case. Slow shipping, poor communication, bad customer service, low quality merchandise - all of these should be avoided.

But other than being rude with customers or selling counterfeit merchandise, you can usually reason with Amazon. Not always, but most of the time.
Old 08-12-2010

Longevity: 80%

I agree with Jeff. I think if the percentages are off, the system might flag your account and a person at Amazon looks at your feedback quickly and decides to boot you or put you in review. I don't think you're automatically finished if you go above 2% negative because I've lasted for months with 89% positive feedback and I see a lot of sellers feedback in the low 90%s. I've never had a negative feedback yet that was given to me without me knowing. Most of the time I get an email from the customer first and I offer them a refund and Amazon allows you to buy them off by giving them a little extra something for their trouble. That usually settles it. I have gotten several losers who have give me a neutral feedback and just wrote "everything ok" and that kills my positive feedback. I hate when buyers do that stuff.
Old 08-12-2010

Longevity: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillersFan View Post
I agree with Jeff. I think if the percentages are off, the system might flag your account and a person at Amazon looks at your feedback quickly and decides to boot you or put you in review. I don't think you're automatically finished if you go above 2% negative because I've lasted for months with 89% positive feedback and I see a lot of sellers feedback in the low 90%s. I've never had a negative feedback yet that was given to me without me knowing. Most of the time I get an email from the customer first and I offer them a refund and Amazon allows you to buy them off by giving them a little extra something for their trouble. That usually settles it. I have gotten several losers who have give me a neutral feedback and just wrote "everything ok" and that kills my positive feedback. I hate when buyers do that stuff.
are you penalized when you issue a refund? what category do you refund it under? shipping? concession?