Question about listing bundles on Amazon - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 08-24-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 87%
Send a message via Yahoo to IDK
Default Question about listing bundles on Amazon

OK, I couldn't find a topic on this so my question is.

Lets say I am selling a camera on Amazon. However, the camera does not typically come with a memory card, but I want to offer one with my listing. Lets say I wanted to sell a camera + SD Card + maintenance kit as a bundle. How do I communicate that in the listing, or in a way the buyer understands what they are getting?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-24-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

IDK, I think you can only have access to those bundle sales if you are a pro-seller at 39.99 per month.

As a per-listing seller, you cant really do that...well you can by adding it into your description but I would wager that you won't get maximum benefits. That's kind of one of the flaws of the Amazon system - you have to sell what is their stock listing.

Less = A-to-Z claim and you lose both product and money
More = good for buyer but you lose on profit

Others might chime in with more knowledgeable info for you - I am interested to hear from them.
Old 08-24-2010
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 87%
Send a message via Yahoo to IDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
IDK, I think you can only have access to those bundle sales if you are a pro-seller at 39.99 per month.

As a per-listing seller, you cant really do that...well you can by adding it into your description but I would wager that you won't get maximum benefits. That's kind of one of the flaws of the Amazon system - you have to sell what is their stock listing.

Less = A-to-Z claim and you lose both product and money
More = good for buyer but you lose on profit

Others might chime in with more knowledgeable info for you - I am interested to hear from them.
I don't understand that in bold. I'm a complete n00b to Amazon.

What's this about losing money and product? So if someone doesn't like my product they can get their money back and not be required to send the item back?

What are the advantages of being a pro seller, besides being able to get my bundles out?

Last edited by IDK; 08-24-2010 at 04:40 PM.
Old 09-08-2010

Longevity: 81%

You can't create your own bundles, period, no matter what kind of account you have. Every listing created with a pro merchant account needs its own unique, legit upc code, so if you're just stuffing product a together with product b, it obviously won't have one.

You COULD list the camera in its proper listing and in the description line include "comes with free memory card and maintenance kit!" and then list the item at whatever price you think is fair for the bundle, but this way, the customer needs to actually read the description line to see this (many buyers don't), and, if its a fairly common item, and there are a bunch of people selling it, you'll be further down the list with a higher price (even if it, logically, is a better deal), thereby getting less buyer exposure.

Overall, its just a bad idea for Amazon, which you're best off avoiding. If its absolutely necessary, it would work a lot better on ebay.
Old 09-08-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Amazon does not like sellers deviating from the standard product specifications. They are very big on standardization.

And, YES, it is true that you need a legitimate UPC code for everything you list, but pro-merchants can add products to the Amazon catalog. And ANYBODY can register a UPC code. It costs around $10 or so. It's just like registering a domain name - there is one repository ofr the data and many resellers.

What their exact rules are I don't know, but I think they are fairly liberal.

My theory is that Amazon wants to avoid a situation in which they end up with 22,000 different sellers trying to differentiate themselves while all listing the same basic item. But I think a camera bundle that includes a memory card and whatever accessories would be acceptable to them.

One of the biggest complaints about eBay from buyers is that if they search for "4GB Memory Card" they often have to wade through pages and pages of listings with the exact same prodfuct from different sellers. On Amazon, it would come up as KINGSTON 4 GB Memory card (available from 122 different sellers) then the next item is PNY 4GB Memory Card (available from 392 different sellers) and they don't have to see all 122 listings. I can actually understand that.