Buying your own stuff to redeem giftcard balance? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 08-28-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default Buying your own stuff to redeem giftcard balance?

if an account has 10$ in giftcard balance, can i convert that balance into actual cash? like send it to my bank account?

the concept
1. seller account: list a 10$ item
2. buyer account: buy item using the 10$ in the giftcard balance
3. seller account recieves payment and gets payment disbursed to bank account

is this not advisable to do? any suggestions? or comments on what roadblocks there may be?

ps: why do some people have like 10+ accounts (I dont get the purpose of having so many) and what are people doing to get their accounts suspended? whats a stealth account for? as you can tell, Im new to this website so plz enlighten me. :>

Last edited by kingpin; 08-28-2010 at 03:22 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-28-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

'New to the site' and you are asking for such info? Might need to earn a bit of trust before you get that.
Old 08-28-2010
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 79%

That's rather discouraging. Well I did search the Amazon forums beforehand and found a wealth of information on setting up multiple stealth accounts. If I need to make a stealth account, I could probably do it now... which is wonderful, but not particularly why I posted.

There are some very valid reasons for having so many accounts such as dumping accounts when they receive poor reviews or are unfairly suspended, which can affect the seller's bottom line. That I can understand. But if people with as much as 10+ many suspended account, I cant help but wonder if something else is going on. This question was merely post out of curiosity. Forgive me if its painfully obvious or a taboo subject. I wont mention it again.

I go back and search the forums and maybe I'll find answer to my question. Thanks anyways.
Old 08-28-2010

Longevity: 80%

Sure you can do that, but I wouldn't suggest it more than once. If you frequently buy/sell between the same accounts, then this will be noticed by Amazon as something very unusual and they could block both of your accounts. I do what you're suggesting, but I only do it once and I do it as a means of buying something small and giving my new stealth account some quick feedback. I'd never buy from a stealth account several times with the same account. That would certainly raise a few eyebrows. If you have $10 on your gift card, just use it. Go to Burger King or something. If it's a little more, order a pizza one day when you're hungry. To me, finding cards laying around with $10 or $15 on them is like finding money under the couch.

If you don't like this idea, then get your card for a specific amount, like $50. After you verify your stealth amazon account with it, just open a bank account online. Most bank accounts can be open with $25, so deposit everything left on your card into that account when you open it...boom, new checking account with $50 in it. Another way you could deal with this problem would be to just search the marketplace here and buy ccvs. They are cheaper and only have $1 on them, so you will get to verify your Amazon and not worry about having to deal with all this money left on your card.