eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   Amazon put my account under review...but not 30 days? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/22391-amazon-put-my-account-under-review-but-not-30-days.html)

phson01 09-07-2010 10:16 PM

Amazon put my account under review...but not 30 days?

I got an email today saying:

Hello from Amazon.

We are writing to let you know that we are conducting a review of your selling account. During this review, your funds will be temporarily reserved in your Marketplace Payments account.

We conduct reviews when sales volumes or inventory are not supported by sufficient buyer feedback or an established history. These reviews are a routine part of our commitment to improving the customer experience.

While we review your account, please continue to fulfill orders and list only items that you are able to ship by or before the promise date.

For information on how you may be able to expedite this review, please search on “Velocity Limits and Account Reviews” in our seller Help.

You will be notified via e-mail when this account review is complete.

We appreciate your patience and cooperation.

================================================== ===

They didn't mention about "30 day review period", does it mean I need to wait forever for this? Any inputs?

cherrqell 09-07-2010 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phson01 (Post 164545)
I got an email today saying:

Hello from Amazon.

We are writing to let you know that we are conducting a review of your selling account. During this review, your funds will be temporarily reserved in your Marketplace Payments account.

We conduct reviews when sales volumes or inventory are not supported by sufficient buyer feedback or an established history. These reviews are a routine part of our commitment to improving the customer experience.

While we review your account, please continue to fulfill orders and list only items that you are able to ship by or before the promise date.

For information on how you may be able to expedite this review, please search on “Velocity Limits and Account Reviews” in our seller Help.

You will be notified via e-mail when this account review is complete.

We appreciate your patience and cooperation.

================================================== ===

They didn't mention about "30 day review period", does it mean I need to wait forever for this? Any inputs?

Just continue business as usual. Try for as many positive feedbacks as possible. This is probably 25-30 day review.

LanEvo 09-16-2010 04:05 PM

Yea i got that too, it's been almost 30 days, no reply or anything. So we'll see.

rsot 09-16-2010 04:31 PM

Expect to get a 45 day tacked on top of this -- during that period you will be asked few questions about source of goods and nature of activity, as well as what else you want to sell.

Been there - done that.

qwat 09-17-2010 05:00 PM

When I got this my account passed review in about 24 hours. It seems like I'm the only one who has had it go so quickly and everyone I tell says how unbelievable it is. Has anyone else ever had it done so fast? Selling Vero DVD's as well. Here's pictures:

http://i56.tinypic.com/xqc8d3.png

then

http://i51.tinypic.com/30wnjnt.png

kris3841 09-18-2010 06:36 AM

Got the same email from them... still doing business as usual but it's hard not knowing when I will ever see the funds. It's been over a week now. If they tack on the extra review period (after 25-30 days) do they ask you questions via email or phone? This is annoying. :/

OfficialGenius 09-18-2010 03:34 PM

How much did you guys sell in a week or month period to trigger that review?
You guys should of sold less.

LanEvo 09-19-2010 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OfficialGenius (Post 167209)
How much did you guys sell in a week or month period to trigger that review?
You guys should of sold less.

I sold over 3K of stuff in less than a week.

jeffweico 09-19-2010 02:29 AM

Any new account that sells more than $750 in the first 30 days is going to get reviewed. The reviews can go either way. It depends on the feedback you get and what you are selling. Complaints during this period can be DEADLY.

The good news is that if you pass the review, you can increase your sales a little bit. But when selling DVD's you will always be under extra scrutiny. Amazon knows that a lot of people are trying to sell counterfeits on their site. If they believe that YOU are selling counterfeits (they call it 'recopied media') then your account is history. It will not matter if you have 100% legitimate items.

With Amazon, all customer inquiries and your responses go through them. If you have a high percentage of buyer complaints about defective discs, you will have a problem. Yes, there are legitimate discs that have problems, but counterfeits have a much higher defect rate.

Also, Amazon is a MAJOR seller of DVD's and they KNOW what distributor pricing is. So, when they see you selling $200 box sets of DVD's for $99, they KNOW you are selling counterfeits.

My point is, if you are selling high risk items be VERY CAREFUL about quality and customer service. eBay will give you copyright violation warnings before they actually close your account. Amazon will not. They just "block" the account and hold your money for 90 days.

And selling $3k of stuff in a week will DEFINITELY put you on their radar.

dennisjaneway 09-19-2010 06:29 PM

not any more

Amazon send me now "Warnings" when they think i sell recopied material:

Hello from Amazon.com.

We are writing because it has come to our attention that you may have sold unauthorized media on Amazon.com. This is a serious violation of our listing policies.

As stated in our Policies regarding Prohibited Content: copies, dubs, duplicates, or transfers of books, music, videos, television programs, radio programs, concerts, DVDs, software, etc., are prohibited. Recopied media infringe upon copyrights and trademarks and are illegal to sell.

Please ensure that the items you are selling are authorized for sale by the appropriate rights holder or studio. We encourage you to contact the relevant studio if you have questions about authorized releases.

Please note that if we are contacted by a copyright holder or if we receive further reports from buyers that your items appear recopied in any manner, your account could be blocked.

Thank you for your cooperation in this important matter.

Regards,

Seller Performance Team
Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com

---

Of course all accounts are on as usual.

MadSam 09-19-2010 06:53 PM

Whoa dennis, a message like that and the account is still going, normally that would end with "Your account has been blocked...".

nobody999 09-20-2010 11:57 PM

how old is the account? do you have feedbacks?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dennisjaneway (Post 167425)
not any more

Amazon send me now "Warnings" when they think i sell recopied material:

Hello from Amazon.com.

We are writing because it has come to our attention that you may have sold unauthorized media on Amazon.com. This is a serious violation of our listing policies.

As stated in our Policies regarding Prohibited Content: copies, dubs, duplicates, or transfers of books, music, videos, television programs, radio programs, concerts, DVDs, software, etc., are prohibited. Recopied media infringe upon copyrights and trademarks and are illegal to sell.

Please ensure that the items you are selling are authorized for sale by the appropriate rights holder or studio. We encourage you to contact the relevant studio if you have questions about authorized releases.

Please note that if we are contacted by a copyright holder or if we receive further reports from buyers that your items appear recopied in any manner, your account could be blocked.

Thank you for your cooperation in this important matter.

Regards,

Seller Performance Team
Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com

---

Of course all accounts are on as usual.

GreenBean 09-21-2010 12:36 AM

So if dennis comes back with the answer 6 months old & 50 feed back, are you going to troll theo' amazon to see if you can find out stuff about dennis, nobody?
Is your question pertinent to the thread? :spy: C'mon, dennis is running accounts nicely. No-one asks like you do...:peace:

newtools 09-27-2010 01:15 AM

just got yet another dreaded 90 day block! I sold 59 pieces in like 4 days 3.5k

I sold a bunch more but they took away most of the sales from today! after costs still a good payday. I did notice that if you refill a qty of a item after you sell out that it may flag you especially if you start out w 10 or more.

Whats the largest Qty would have posted for sale in a single item? and how many different items?

rsot 09-27-2010 11:11 AM

How ever Dennis is operating is crazy - I don't get warnings, I get suspensions without selling DVDs ...yet. I have my suspicions about the truth of the matter...

Largest quantity I have run is 3. Relatively new account.