I just got banned from amazon - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 08-14-2011
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%

Walmart sells bootleg paul mitchell stuffand other hair supply brands soo im sure it sells bootleg dvds too

That sounds like BS. What proof does anyone have that Wal-mart sells bootlegs? Can you imagine the lawsuits?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-14-2011

Longevity: 77%

Look it up Paul Mitchell has been going after big stores like Walmart and Shopko because there selling bootleg products....
Old 09-22-2011

Longevity: 74%

Ok that is so crazy..
I know a friend of a friend lol
they had gotten a few razors from china and they returned it to walmart.....when the scanned it, it showed up on their system and they refunded them the money on a gift card since there was no receipt.

HOLY CRAP can you imagine that? Is walmart seriously selling f ake items??
The Following User Says Thank You to livelifewild For This Useful Post:
CocoHead (12-05-2015)
Old 09-26-2011

Longevity: 73%

Walmart is been selling bootleg or we get legit walmart kind Dvd from china? My friend have been swaping Dvds and even software at walmart for a while by buying couple of them from walmart and returning china one back to them and they scanned 100%. Try it and see for yourself. Walmart can do it with no problem as they are the biggest chain in the world. Biggest taxpayer and they can twist anything the way they want.
Old 10-11-2011

Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by livelifewild View Post
Ok that is so crazy..
I know a friend of a friend lol
they had gotten a few razors from china and they returned it to walmart.....when the scanned it, it showed up on their system and they refunded them the money on a gift card since there was no receipt.

HOLY CRAP can you imagine that? Is walmart seriously selling f ake items??
I have come across DVDs which I know are boot legs and looked at the ones being sold at Walmart and are nearly identical (the differences in the actual disks might be more apparent).
I would think as long as it hasn't been opened it could be returned for a giftcard which could be used to buy goods or even be sold itself on ebay
The Following User Says Thank You to DogFacedBoy For This Useful Post:
webmillions (06-16-2015)
Old 06-15-2012

Longevity: 73%

Just a dumb qestion, folks..
I'm from Russian Federation. Does I have any chance to sell through AMAZON?
I mean what kind of special things (like American bank account, merchant account or something like that) I need?

I have only EU bank account.
Old 07-27-2012
Banned

Longevity: 68%

Is it better to sell on ebay or Amazon?
I don't have much experience, but I think Amazon wins....
Old 07-27-2012

Send a message via Skype™ to Eduktd
Default List of Accepted Countries

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVP1977 View Post
Just a dumb qestion, folks..
I'm from Russian Federation. Does I have any chance to sell through AMAZON?
I mean what kind of special things (like American bank account, merchant account or something like that) I need?

I have only EU bank account.
I think this belongs to another thread, but really quick.

you're in luck, there a list of countries where you can register an Amazon account and sell on Amazon.com (the U.S domain) and Russia is listed as one of them (see link below). So you can open a legit Amazon account from Russia.

You will need, a credit card/debit card that be charged internationally and later on (not right away) a bank account from U.S or E.U. in order to get paid. For a credit card refer to Amazon Ghost for more options or buy a virtual card. For the bank account I know payoneer (Global Payments, Payroll Services & Money Transfer | Payoneer) offers a prepaid debit card that you can use to receive payments from Amazon. You don't have to be a U.S resident for payoneer all you need is your countries ID or passport to get the card...it takes a while to get it but it works.

This information is current because I tried it from **** and it works, my store is currently up and running... wait let me check..ahh yep still selling

Also FYI.... you can also use fulfillment by Amazon and save tons on shipping and customs when selling to U.S customers. You send your stuff to Amazon in the U.S from Russia they ship to the customer here in the U.S, this helps eliminate the bias of your items showing as if they are being shipped from Russia and offers customers more delivery options. It's sick...

Oh and make sure you buy Amazon Ghost, you will need it.
It has allot of valuable information you need to know about staying on, Amazon (getting on is easy, staying on is harder)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200417280#?_encoding=UTF8&tag=heaprcom05-20&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=390957
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eduktd For This Useful Post:
ahamoment (10-28-2015), chaguan (11-19-2013), CocoHead (12-05-2015)
Old 09-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinnt View Post
Is it better to sell on ebay or Amazon?
I don't have much experience, but I think Amazon wins....
Use both.

Amazon has a much higher profit margin but is far harder to deal with. In the long run Amazon will have you jumping through hoops to pass their various investigations, drive you crazy with their stupid return policies and eventually just ban you and keep whatever money they owe you. But the profit margins are high enough to deal with it and try again.

eBay is far easier to deal with and generally will only give you trouble if you are selling bootlegs or ⊗⊗⊗⊗. Unfortunately the profit margins on eBay items tend to be among the lowest (with a few exceptions depending on category and seasonal timing).

If you actually expect to run a business online from home you will need to have both running (and even research other sales sites for the type of product you sell) just to keep an ongoing flow of income as either can suspend/ban you without notice, sometimes for months, sometimes for life.

I'd also recommend setting up your own personal website and not tell either eBay or Amazon what it is. Don't let them find out about it either (that way if you are ever banned you can make a new "amazon /ebay account without changing your personal website). Than you simply add in a thank you note to each of the orders you ship that includes your personal website. Customers appreciate the thank you note and become repeat direct buyers from your site.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ninjavega For This Useful Post:
aclarkdba (01-16-2015), Kristy (04-30-2014), webmillions (06-16-2015)
Old 09-20-2012
Banned

Can you become a seller at Amazon without your Bank details? Just by adding your credit card? Or do I need both?
Old 09-20-2012

Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinnt View Post
Can you become a seller at Amazon without your Bank details? Just by adding your credit card? Or do I need both?
You need a cc in case there are any chargebacks, etc and no money in your account when it comes time to deposit any funds you have from sales. You also need a checking account so they can deposit the funds.

So to answer your question, you need both a cc and checking account.
Old 10-13-2012

Longevity: 66%

We had our Amazon account closed months ago, it took off over night and we were doing between 10 & 20k a month. The product's we were selling are now being sold by Amazon, strange !?!?!? Our feedback went down to 95%, there are still people on amazon with feedback under 90%, wtf is it all about?
My misses still buys from Amazon, she has placed 2 order's in the last month, direct from Amazon, the 1st was for our son's birthday, it arrived a day late, after paying for 24hr delivery, the 2nd was for my Mums birthday, ordered Thursday for Friday delivery, again paid for 24hr delivery, still waiting. My point is, amazon does not let buyers leave feedback for orders direct from amazon, why not? Very unfair. Bullyboys. I sell a lot on Ebay & never ever have any trouble.
Old 10-19-2012
Banned

Hello everyone,

I've been banned from Amazon and would like to become a seller again on that site. Which bank information should I provide to them? Is there a (Ghost) Verified Bank Account available to Amazon? Do they really work? Please help!!
Old 10-26-2012

Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddle View Post
The products we were selling are now being sold by Amazon, strange !?!?!?
Amazon has been doing this for a long time. They don't just do it to the individual sellers, they do it to small and large retailers, too. If they see that a Marketplace Seller is selling a lot of a product, they go to the manufacturer or a big distributor and try to cut a good deal with them so that Amazon can undercut the Marketplace Seller. This is one reason many retailers have left Amazon Marketplace.

As poorly as eBay treats its sellers, at least they don't use this kind of shark tactic.
Old 10-27-2012

Longevity: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocus View Post
Amazon has been doing this for a long time. They don't just do it to the individual sellers, they do it to small and large retailers, too. If they see that a Marketplace Seller is selling a lot of a product, they go to the manufacturer or a big distributor and try to cut a good deal with them so that Amazon can undercut the Marketplace Seller. This is one reason many retailers have left Amazon Marketplace.

As poorly as eBay treats its sellers, at least they don't use this kind of shark tactic.
This post is 100% a joke, and anyone who read it, please ignore it. Dont try to contribute false accusations, as it will only confuse other people.
The Following User Says Thank You to AmazonStealth For This Useful Post:
CocoHead (12-05-2015)
Old 10-27-2012

Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazonStealth View Post
This post is 100% a joke, and anyone who read it, please ignore it. Dont try to contribute false accusations, as it will only confuse other people.
Unfortunately, you're the clown and Amazon is a very dangerous business partner.

Quote:
According to some industry experts, the issue at hand (which, again, has not been directly cited or commented on by either Amazon or any of the companies involved in the Marketplace exodus) is that many of the retailers using Amazon Marketplace are growing increasingly concerned with the very heart of the partnership. Namely, there has been talk that Amazon uses information that retailers provide to them to assist in the marketing of its own interests. Yet another theory espouses that Amazon could take a retailer’s product information and use it to deal directly with that retailer’s product suppliers, essentially removing the retailer itself from the process.
Macy’s, Gap, and Buy.com leave Amazon Marketplace

This is just one example of many such complaints from sellers of all sizes.

Last edited by crocus; 10-27-2012 at 11:10 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to crocus For This Useful Post:
aclarkdba (01-16-2015)
Old 10-27-2012

Quote:
ohhhh you are soooo wrong!
Old 01-02-2013

Longevity: 65%

hi,

just go suspend/block from amazon again, first account was running for 14 days before it got blocked and new account got closed after two hours(used family members detail) can i setup account at friends address and add my new bank details?

thanks
Old 01-06-2013

Longevity: 79%

If you get suspended and fill out all the reasons why you never ever do it again. Do you ever get your account back. Is the appeal like the A-Z claim just a huge waste of time?
Do you stay suspended for life?
Old 02-11-2013

Activity: 5%
Longevity: 69%

once suspended always suspended.
Old 02-13-2013

Quote:
I've actually had Amazon do that to me twice on two different accounts (that were not linked, they were stealthed)

1. I had set up our first store to sell adult DVD's and adult toys (vibrators). Amazon shut us down without explanation. When I called them for one the customer service rep actually told me "we do not sell erotica or adult toys".

Guess what? you can go look right now, out the of top 100 products in "health and beauty" a huge portion of them are vibrators, there are also adult instructional sex DVD's and erotica including some of the ones I CREATED THE PAGES FOR.

On those product pages THAT I MADE the products are now "supplied and shipped by Amazon".

I told her not only do you sell adult toys but the pages I made that I was banned for are now supplied by Amazon; she told me I am a liar and hung up the phone. Would you like some links? Here's the "sexual wellness store by Amazon" http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...words=vibrator

The same section of the site I was selling in and banned for that their own CS rep tells me doesnt exist.

I turned a $50 investment into $80,000 in just a few months and than Amazon shut us down and stole it from us.

2. Our other account sold DVD's and video games. Last year when Amazon began selling "Star Wars the Old Republic", the collectors edition was $150 on pre order. Amazon sold out in just a few days. That weekend the "sell yours here" button was available. So what did I do? I started selling pre orders.

Over the weekend in just 48 hours I was able to sell more than 20 copies at $250 a piece. It should have been a $5000+ weekend.

That Monday Amazon got confirmation of their pre order stock being available again. I along with many other sellers who were selling their pre orders were promptly BANNED from the site, all of our orders were cancelled and all of the orders were than sold to those people by Amazon instead of us.

Their excuse? The customer service rep tells me that I am NOT ALLOWED TO SELL PRE ORDERS? Oh really? So why was the "sell yours here" button even visible or usable on the page? Why were a dozen different merchants including myself allowed to sell pre orders over the weekend while Amazon was out of stock?

How is that not a shark tactic? Had Amazon not been able to get in more pre orders they would have been happy to let us sell ours and take the commission. But since they were able to get in more stock they decided to steal all of our sales.

They think nothing of banning small sellers if it means they can take the profit directly.

3. They have actually done similar tactics to large retailers. Toys R Us once had an exclusive deal with Amazon for certain toys. That ended in litigation and Toy's R Us no longer selling on Amazon. This is a quote from a senior exec at Toy's R Us about it:

"It's the worst-kept secret in the retail industry," said Mulpuru. "When you partner with Amazon, they are looking at your data, learning your business and have ambition to get into every category and effectively steal your clients out from under you when they are done."

Even the judge presiding over the lawsuit between them commented on the nature of Amazon's business practices as being deviant and deliberately vague or misleading so they could always twist it in their favor; one of her quotes on the topic:

Judge McVeigh complained about the ambiguous use of language in Amazons contract agreements and discussions, concluding that “the language as drafted whether intentional or inartful gave Amazon the words to play the game their way.”

Those quotes are from news articles on NBCnews.com and Reuters news services:
Toys 'R' Us wins suit against Amazon.com - Business - US business | NBC News

Analysis: EBay lures big retailers in Amazon battle | Reuters

Last edited by ninjavega; 02-13-2013 at 02:08 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ninjavega For This Useful Post:
aclarkdba (01-16-2015), CocoHead (12-05-2015), crocus (02-13-2013), HowYaLivin (01-20-2015), lagathy (04-14-2013)
Old 02-16-2013

Longevity: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatingebay View Post
If you get suspended and fill out all the reasons why you never ever do it again. Do you ever get your account back. Is the appeal like the A-Z claim just a huge waste of time?
Do you stay suspended for life?
Yes, I have. My ODR rate went slightly over 1 percent and I appealed with a solid plan of action and they reinstated my account. Also, two other times my account was suspended, but it was automated. It was because of certain words I was using in the condition notes. I called Amazon and they took care of it bot times. It just depends on the situation.

ODR rate should never be an issue. Just find a product that is very low risk to be defective and sell 500 of them a week. Even if you are just breaking even on them you will never have to worry about your ODR rate.The nce thing about that too is you don't have to cave into unreasonable buyers that you normally would because you are scared about your ODR>
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kelly441 For This Useful Post:
HowYaLivin (01-20-2015), RosieTosie (12-17-2014)