VCC Expiring on amazon, what should I do? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 11-12-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
Default VCC Expiring on amazon, what should I do?

Hi, I have a couple of amazon accounts which their VCC is going to expire very shortly. Now I have read on the site that when people change/update their CC amazon doesn't seem to like this and just blocks the account.

Some have advised not to change it but I am not sure what to make of that either?

Any advice would be very much appreciated
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-13-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,244 Times in 705 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Unless it requires you to change it then don't change it, and if you need any vcc's visit my store in my signature.
Old 11-13-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Credit cards expire. That alone will not get you blocked. That IN ADDITION TO other things they don't like might.

But 123 is on the money. Just wait for Amazon to require that you change it. Then add your new credit card or get a VCC.
Old 11-13-2010

Longevity: 89%

When it expires they'll ask you for another and you won't be able to do anything on the account until you provide a new one - check out 123's VCCs they're valid for much longer.
Old 11-13-2010
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thanks guys, I have found a pre-paid card which works and last very long "couple of years" just wondering if I should go ahead and change it or wait for them to email me first?

Also these pre-paid cards come with £10 credit, is it true that amazon randomly takes £1 from your account every now and then just to ensure the CC is still valid?
Old 11-13-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude View Post
Thanks guys, I have found a pre-paid card which works and last very long "couple of years" just wondering if I should go ahead and change it or wait for them to email me first?

Also these pre-paid cards come with £10 credit, is it true that amazon randomly takes £1 from your account every now and then just to ensure the CC is still valid?
Yes. I saw this on my real account with my debit card. They don't KEEP the money. They just do the authorization.
Old 11-13-2010

Longevity: 83%

I know Amazon very well, I would tell you to do nothing and leave it alone. The authorization from the vcc is only for verification purposes. Once your identification is validated thats all it's used for. When you sign up it does say any charges that you have incurred can be charged to the card but this never happens as long as you are selling because any fees come out of the payments account before you can withdraw.
So your gtg No worries.
Old 11-13-2010
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Ok then I guess I will just sit tight until they email me and ask me to update my card details.
Old 11-13-2010

Longevity: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtools View Post
I know Amazon very well, I would tell you to do nothing and leave it alone. The authorization from the vcc is only for verification purposes. Once your identification is validated thats all it's used for. When you sign up it does say any charges that you have incurred can be charged to the card but this never happens as long as you are selling because any fees come out of the payments account before you can withdraw.
So your gtg No worries.
If you knew Amazon very well you'd know that you can't do anything without a VALID in date CC on file. Once the date expires they will put a page asking you to update credit card information and you can't do anything else on the account until you have added. Don't worry though it is just a virtual $/£/E that they place in reserve for 14 days and then let it go. You could either wait till they demand it or update it now with the prepaid card you have. Makes no difference but "do nothing and leave it alone" is not an option if you want to continue to use the account, there needs to be an in date valid card even if only for validation purposes.

If you plan on keeping your account - although that initial authorization is only for verification purposes they will from time to time (usually after a couple of months on a withdrawal) attempt to place that virtual reserve amount again to check that it is still in use with a balance. so make sure you always have that remaining $/£/E to place that virtual authorization on.
Old 10-17-2013

Longevity: 72%
Default Re: VCC Expiring on amazon, what should I do?

hi guys

just to confirm - is it best practise is to wait until amazon tell you that gift card is expiring/expired before you add REAL bank account for first deposit?
is that correct? or once passed the initial checks can you just add bank account for funds whenever you like? (but before first deposit, does that matter? would funds go onto a VISA 3V card?!?!) and is it best to just add additional bank details aswell as 3v visa gift or totally remove & replace the gift card details?

thanks
Old 10-17-2013

Longevity: 77%

There really is not much point in Pm-ing me if you get the answer then ask it again.

You need a card on file and you need a bank account. Amazon only pay money into the bank account, there is no other way for you to get paid.

1) you need a vcc
2) you need a bank account.

there is no way around that
Old 10-18-2013

Longevity: 72%

thanks barrycruan,

sorry i didn't get the answer that was all hope i havent offended sorry.
so with all this in mind then, basically wouldn't amazon try and make the first deposit to the gift card? how long is the expiry on them usually? no money from AZ in the bank until after that then i take it....
:(
Old 10-18-2013
Banned

Longevity: 69%

As people say, if the card expires you get a message asking you to update. Your account is virtually blocked, but you still can sell but cannot change prices etc. Also if you are a pro merchant they will downgrade you automatically and when you enter the new card details YOU have to upgrade the account again.
Old 10-18-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiross View Post
thanks barrycruan,

so with all this in mind then, basically wouldn't amazon try and make the first deposit to the gift card? how long is the expiry on them usually? no money from AZ in the bank until after that then i take it....
There is deposit to the gift card - just withdrawal of fees...

Deposit to bank eiross...
Old 10-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
There is deposit to the gift card - just withdrawal of fees...

Deposit to bank eiross...
Really what are you on about. In the Uk there is no way you can deposit to the gift card.
Old 10-18-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrycruan View Post
Really what are you on about. In the Uk there is no way you can deposit to the gift card.
I think it just typo from RSOT cause he type so fast

It should be "there is no deposit to gift card - just withdraw of fees"
Old 10-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiross View Post
thanks barrycruan,

In the Uk amazon will always make every deposit to the bank account registered, there is no other way. You need a bank account. this really does not need to be discussed.

The 3v vc lasts 1 year and as Micky mentioned you need to renew it when it comes up to expiry as it can cause problems. AS I said keep a small balance on there around 5-10 ponds is enough.
Old 10-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyAlmeida View Post
I think it just typo from RSOT cause he type so fast

It should be "there is no deposit to gift card - just withdraw of fees"
yeah it looks like you are right, its just confusing that they felt the need to repeat what I have just said and throw in the error...
Old 10-18-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%

Lot of people just ask and ignore the answer or not provide enough information when they asked or being asked for