Anyone have this happen before? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 11-19-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Default Anyone have this happen before?

Ok, I know Amazon is currently cleaning house so I was wondering if what happened to me a few days ago has happened to any of you.

I have a Stealth account which I sold on for like 30 days... made about $600.
I stopped selling, did a bank disbursement (which cleared no problem)... then after being dormant for like a week (no selling or any activity) it comes under review. I received the standard...

Quote:
We are writing to let you know that we are conducting a review of your selling account. During this review, your funds will be temporarily reserved in your Marketplace Payments account.
Any ideas why? Is this common?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-19-2010

Longevity: 90%

yes this is common, if amazon is asking for tracking, supplier info, etc. it is suggested that you provide them those items.
Old 11-19-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,244 Times in 705 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Yeah thats common if you would of kept selling it would of came up anyways the same time. Just provide any info if they require it and if you get positive feedbacks it will be pass the review.
Old 11-28-2010

Longevity: 96%

I had something similar like this happen to me just 2 days ago.
My account is in my real name, I have been selling for years (never more that a few hundred dollars a month).
My volume has been cranked up quite a bit for the last few months with no issues. Two things happened this past week. I had someone file an A-Z claim because they said that a DVD box set that they bought 2 months ago had some damage to the case that prevented all of the DVDs from being held in place. I responded that since I had shipped it insured that they should simply have put in an insurance claim. I then had 25 small (under $30 each) items sell on Thanksgiving days when the lower priced ones sold out and mine were the cheapest.
I never got an email saying any limits had been put on my account, but then I got an email that was titled

"Your Amazon.com Seller Account"

and contained the following:
Hello from Amazon.com.

This message is to inform you that we have reactivated your Amazon.com seller account, and you may now resume listing items for sale on our site.

In order to help ensure the successful completion of marketplace transactions, funds from your sales will be held in temporary reserve in your Amazon Payments Account for 7 days after an item has been sold. This holding period is intended to cover potential buyer disputes via the A-to-z Guarantee program or credit card chargebacks.

You will now be able to disburse funds from sales which occurred more than 7 days ago. This review period will be evaluated in 30 days, and you will be notified via e-mail when this reserve has expired.

So, no big deal because I don't withdraw all that much anyway, but I have over $1200 in there right now. I can wait a week, for the money, but the few transactions that are more than 7 days old do not show up in "my payments" account even though the email said that payments would be held for 7 days after the transaction.
So, does the clock start ticking from the time of the oldest transaction (for each transaction) or 7 from the email?

I would like to add that even though I did receive the A-Z email which I respomded to, there are no A-Z claims when I click that link.

My feedback is 98% with 40 ratings (I've easily sold 200 items over the years, but nobody seems to leave feedback at Amazon unless it is bad and the one I got was for an order that I canceled and refunded, before there even was a complaint.
Is this something that I should be worried about or just hang tight for a week?